Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 50403 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #150 on: October 14, 2017, 06:15:06 pm »

Mitsuru smiles through her quivering,"The Russe don't go to heaven."

"Perhaps we have more in common than I originally thought."

Go to the beast. "Are you going to kill me?" She asks her old enemy.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 06:54:04 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 14, 2017, 10:51:13 pm »

"After everything that's happened thus far, this is more along what I would call 'normal,' oddly enough."

Grab the mans hand and follow him, away from the beast hopefully.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2017, 03:31:56 am »

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

"After everything that's happened thus far, this is more along what I would call 'normal,' oddly enough."

Grab the mans hand and follow him, away from the beast hopefully.

The boy, about your age, yanks your hand and pulls you from the doorway. There is a stairwell that is still accessible despite the blaze.
"Come on, we need to meet the others." Others? You barely have time to think before you are forced down a lengthy descent to the first floor.

No sign of the blaze elsewhere. It seemed to have followed the creature.

At the bottom of the stairwell, you are taken to the exit, right outside the building. There are four new ladies and gentlemen, all appearing as old as you are. But far from a motley crew of eager compatriots, they look rather dejected and hardly interested to see you.
All of them are wearing uniforms, the two boys wearing something similar to what you saw Rico wear--a black blazer with trims that are green with a hint of turquoise, and smooth black pants. The girls wear the same blazer in addition to teal-green skirts.

"This is Shinji's replacement?" says one of the girls.
"Well we ain't picking and choosing, lads," says your guide, still dressed in his ice-blue getup. "Well then, I don't know your name," he says to you, "But why don't you introduce yourself to my pals? I'll give you the rundown later."

Ozarck (Di/Makiko) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

Makiko listens quietly, attentively.

(See below)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

Still a bit annoyed, Nagisa raised an eyebrow in curiosity when the girl mentioned them dying before. Perhaps she is on their side.

"Yes," she finally answered as she removed her hand from the wooden rod. "In fact, I don't think that these are our current bodies. Somewhere in another... time, we were different then. I remembered working for an inventor in Venice. Anyway, you seen to understand what's going on more than I do."

Taking a deep breath, Nagisa then:

Asked a few questions such as who was the girl, who was the woman she knocked out, and what are the nature of these 'monsters'.

"These monsters aren't something the world knows about. Only we can see them, those of us who were reincarnated," her speech seems well-prepared.
"Something about the total energy of our past life's experiences. Plus, you had the dreams, right? The dreams you had when you were dead?

I died a child, in a fireworks accident. And I guess the gods have a sense of humor, because I woke up in the biggest festival I'd ever seen. Except there were no people. Fireworks going off, day and night."

A spark fizzles above her open palm. "Lo and behold, I can bring those with me now. A dozen at a time." She tosses aside the firework she just made.

"But our magic doesn't really exist. Not mine, and not the magic I'm going to teach you to use. It can knock people out at best, but once they wake up it's as if nothing ever happened.
This isn't so for the monsters. We started off as a group of buddies all running away from the monsters that followed us. One day, my best friend turned up dead. Her body was incinerated, just like that. And the monster that chased her into this world? A red salamander. It breathed fire. Do the math."

After the explanation, she extends a hand.
"Well, I'm Youka. Nice to meet you," she drones. "That woman's going to wake up in a few minutes, so how about you two get... home. You don't... live here in the shrine, do you?"

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

Mitsuru smiles through her quivering,"The Russe don't go to heaven."

"Perhaps we have more in common than I originally thought."

The teenager's pale face cracks a half-smile.

Go to the beast. "Are you going to kill me?" She asks her old enemy.

The monster enters through the door, a human arm extending from its body and operating the door handle.

One of the many heads on its body hisses at you. "Of course not, Ryzard. You plan for everything. Your own death is just a contingency."
"Ryzard? You were from Poland?" quips the Russe.

Another head speaks. "There is nothing so crude in store for you. Actually, you must hear this proposal:"

And a third: "This world holds many adversaries. Not to I only, but also yourself. If we join forces, you can protect the world you love,"

A fourth head finishes, "And I will protect mine."

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

"I just needed to get away from things and took a long walk sorry I didn't answer before. "

Return the box to its hiding spot

She sounds immensely relieved.
"Really? That's a relief. Is your phone charged?"

While you're on the phone, you hear a cat hissing in the living room.

Spoiler: Items and Status (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2017, 05:23:36 am »

"Yes I'm home at the moment and I'm going to have a nap after feeding the cat. See you soon."

Check on the cat then grab something for it to eat out of the cold box before having a nap

(From reading the other turns I think Lanfrank is about to have a surprise)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2017, 06:52:07 am »

I don't know where i live. I awoke in the park.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2017, 04:32:52 pm »

Shaking the girl's hand, Nagisa finally relaxed for the first time since the hitmen's arrival.

"If this is a shrine then that would mean that I have a home," she said as she let go of her hand and picked up the crossbow and ammo. "However, if these 'monsters' are after us, I'm afraid that I don't currently remember where it is. I did woke up in the body of a girl who'd inhaled herself to death on household chemicals after all."

Pausing, Nagisa continued, "Do you have a place where we can go?"

If the girl does indeed have a place for them to go and are will to lead them, hide the crossbow inside her clothing and follow her out of the shrine. Don't forget to steal any identification off the unconscious woman on the way out.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:35:55 pm by Sir Elventide »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2017, 07:22:42 pm »

The beasts cryptic speech prompts many questions, "Your world? What does either world need to be defended against. And these adversaries, are they not around us? Is this not a dangerous way to communicate?"

"And you Russe, how do I know this beast of mine is not a beast of yours placed into my mind?" Mitsuru has every intention of teaming up with her 100 year old ghost, but she would rather keep the ties of loyalty fine, she can't risk contracting her beast to this Russe that she knows so little about. What's the point of contracting a beast controlled by my preconceptions. She looks back at the beast, That must no longer be the case then...

Mitsuru's defiant face gives way to a calmer one, "... eh, yeah, I'm Polish- Was Polish, I mean." She can't expect answers with giving a few at least.

There is one more question, or conclusion rather, with the greatest implication out of all of them, one that although she feels the answer to be obvious to all she still is afraid to ask, as if the mere verbalization of it would conjure distrust in her potential allies. She'd rather not seem to eager. If me and this russe both went such similar occurrences, there is no way that I could not also have come across new abilities.

I want to know just how similar we are, this beast and I. Perhaps he is the key to power.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:42:56 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2017, 07:31:53 pm »

"Nagisa, that woman seemed to know you. Maybe she knows where you live."

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2017, 09:15:11 pm »

"Who, the woman that Youka knocked out?" Nagisa asked, turning toward Makiko. "When she first arrived, this body felt very uncomfortable the moment she opened her mouth. It was almost as if there were some bad history between her and... the previous Nagisa. If it felt that way toward her, then I would like to keep my distance."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2017, 06:42:56 am »

"Well, If you insist... Me, I could still sleep here, if those terrible men don't come back."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2017, 08:04:18 pm »

"Well then. My name is..." What was the name on the card again? Wait, I remember. "...Gai Onotoyama, pleased to make your acquaintance. And I have no idea whats happening right now."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2017, 02:27:07 am »

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

"Well then. My name is..." What was the name on the card again? Wait, I remember. "...Gai Onotoyama, pleased to make your acquaintance. And I have no idea whats happening right now."

"No worries, Pal!" one of the guys responds, walking up beside you, putting a hand to your shoulder. "It's just your fault for not being attentive, that's all! Makoto's the name." You notice that his medium-length hair is an unhealthy shade of lime.
"I believe, in this culture," declares one of the girls, "you refer to acquaintances by their last names first. On that note, my name is Kishi Memoto." She is smiling, perhaps out of politeness. A rogue lock of hair droops between her eyes.

"Don't worry about him, it's nothing personal," says the other guy. He looks fairly normal for a member of his social class, except for the fact that he is wearing strange glass loops over his eyes. "My name is Ogino Tagashi. You can call me Tagashi," he offers a handshake with a friendly smile. "I'm not a fan of this country's rigid culture!"

The short, black-haired girl who badmouthed you before now reluctantly introduces herself. She wears a white wool hat over her hair, presumably because it's cold. "Hey. I'm Mako Sekine."

Ozarck (Di/Makiko) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

I don't know where i live. I awoke in the park.

"Well, you have a phone, don't you? There's got to be an address you can go to. It'll show you a map," her luminescent robes vanish. Now she is dressed quite similarly to yourself--the same jacket, skirt, and everything.
The 'phone' she referred to is just like the glass tablets you and Nagisa had. There are minor differences, but the form factor is identical. Hers has some sort of puzzle, however, that you must solve before using it. She unlocks it right away and shows you the navigation feature.
"The city is divided up into streets and avenues. If you know those, you can get to the general location by following the instructions. Now you can check your address book and see if 'Home' is on the list."

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

Shaking the girl's hand, Nagisa finally relaxed for the first time since the hitmen's arrival.

"If this is a shrine then that would mean that I have a home," she said as she let go of her hand and picked up the crossbow and ammo. "However, if these 'monsters' are after us, I'm afraid that I don't currently remember where it is. I did woke up in the body of a girl who'd inhaled herself to death on household chemicals after all."

Pausing, Nagisa continued, "Do you have a place where we can go?"

"Well, I do have a home,"

She closes her eyes for a bit, and clasping her hands together, she dispels the glowing robes around her, wearing a school uniform underneath with a black blazer and a green skirt, the jacket having trims the same color as the skirt. Her hair transitions out of a glowing yellow to a golden blonde.

"But our true meeting place is the Ghost Hunting Club at school. It sounds like you'd have obligations, but it's really just a front. Every week we go hunting for monsters as a team. You two could learn the basics there!"

She looks toward the door. "That gear monster should be gone by now. It's too weak right now to fight an experienced soulcaster. But what I'm really curious about, is why there was only one monster when there are two of you..."

Hiding the crossbow will be... difficult.
"That'll be useless against them," she claims. "Kind of unfair, when you think about it.
Only magic works. But don't worry, I'll walk both of you home if you want!"

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

The beasts cryptic speech prompts many questions, "Your world? What does either world need to be defended against. And these adversaries, are they not around us? Is this not a dangerous way to communicate?"

"And you Russe, how do I know this beast of mine is not a beast of yours placed into my mind?" Mitsuru has every intention of teaming up with her 100 year old ghost, but she would rather keep the ties of loyalty fine, she can't risk contracting her beast to this Russe that she knows so little about. What's the point of contracting a beast controlled by my preconceptions. She looks back at the beast, That must no longer be the case then...

Mitsuru's defiant face gives way to a calmer one, "... eh, yeah, I'm Polish- Was Polish, I mean." She can't expect answers with giving a few at least.

There is one more question, or conclusion rather, with the greatest implication out of all of them, one that although she feels the answer to be obvious to all she still is afraid to ask, as if the mere verbalization of it would conjure distrust in her potential allies. She'd rather not seem to eager. If me and this russe both went such similar occurrences, there is no way that I could not also have come across new abilities.

I want to know just how similar we are, this beast and I. Perhaps he is the key to power.

"Would you rather be interrupted in your sleep, when no-one else is around?" it says.

You ask the Russe a question. He chuckles, but holds off on his response. He wants you to finish your talk.

"I require nothing of you at this point,"
"But there will be a time when we meet again. At that point, you must be prepared to answer--"
"--are you willing to give this world up for a faint glimmer of hope? Or would you grasp for every last ounce of strength you can muster, hanging on despite all odds?"
"You will decide your adversaries. Those who love this world, or those who love the next."

"The beast does not know whom it will fight," declares the Russian. "It can sense what is to come, but since those experiences do not yet exist--" He raises his fist.
"If you join us, we will have you informed. Tomorrow, after class--come to the Geography Club."

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

"Yes I'm home at the moment and I'm going to have a nap after feeding the cat. See you soon."

Check on the cat then grab something for it to eat out of the cold box before having a nap

You hang up and approach the living room. The cat is on a couch, but her head is raised and staring at the window.

Immediately you sense another presence, staring right through to your soul. You hear a lit fuse crackling behind a couch, and along the window's rim you see three faint glimmers fixated on your throat: two eyes and a sword.

(Distribute 5 dice to roll against: The fuse, the sword, or other physical attacks)

Spoiler: Items and Status (click to show/hide)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2017, 03:18:30 am »

draw the club and ready myself to swing at the sword thing wait for it to come to me (5 dice)

((I really hope I didn't get both my monster and the missing one))
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 08:39:48 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2017, 06:58:37 am »

"When I looked before, it showedd me pictures of kitties. Can you show me how to do that too?"

Makiko leans in close and chats excitedly with the mysterious girl about her 'phone,' and attempts to locate 'home.'

"Nagisa, maybe you could come home with me? I don't know if my family will like it, but maybe they will be okay, at least for one night?"

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2017, 10:47:59 pm »

Yawning, Nagisa dismantled her crossbow, keeping only a few sharpened sticks. It was a shame to get rid of such a wonderful machine, especially if it was the first contraption she'd built since essentially coming back from the dead. However, she was still confident that the technologies of this world will enable her to craft masterpieces that even the great Leonardo da'Vinci wouldn't dream of, let along her selfish master.

"Teach me too," Nagisa said as she showed Youka her phone. She was getting sleepy. "Perhaps I can find clues relating to Nagisa life after I get some sleep. Nevertheless, you must also tell us where this 'school' is as well."

When Makiko spoke, she replied, "Of course, now that we know that otherworldly creatures want us dead perhaps we should stick together. Maybe I can make up an excuse to my parents or something."

Suddenly, Nagisa realized something. Up to this point, Youka had spoke about a gear monster just waiting outside. Only Nagisa didn't see it, though Makiko claimed that it spoke to her through her mind, urging her to open the door for the woman. Whether the woman was working in cahoots with the monster or it was an opportunist who wanted to get in was out of the question. What mattered was that if it was a machine-like being, then...

Ask Youka more about the monster and whether the creatures chasing them take upon characteristics relating to their past lives.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29