Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Symbols.xml not working  (Read 2691 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: Symbols.xml not working
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 07:05:47 pm »

Bump
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 07:41:24 pm »

Have you tried reinstalling DFHack? (Delete the entire hack folder and copy it over again, along with the other DFHack-provided files only.)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 12:35:04 am »

Yes
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 09:13:11 am »

Ok, I'm really not sure what went wrong. My best guess is that DF still doesn't have permission to read from that file or the hack folder somehow. Can you upload your entire DF folder so I can take a look? (Exclude any saves from the data/save folder if you have any.)

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 05:57:55 pm »

Are you using any special antivirus/anti-malware programs? If so, does the problem persist when you disable them (or whitelist Dwarf Fortress)?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 07:37:25 pm »

No I don't have any special antivirus programs but here's my dwarf fortress folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h3bybd4pqk2uyvk/AAAfBS-mJumn3BPAfb3uj4D_a?dl=0

Obsidian 1053

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 07:55:01 pm »

No I don't have any special antivirus programs but here's my dwarf fortress folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h3bybd4pqk2uyvk/AAAfBS-mJumn3BPAfb3uj4D_a?dl=0

First off, that's not your Dwarf Fortress folder - that's only your savegame (which lethosor asked you to exclude) and the DFHack files.

Secondly, if that's your actual folder structure, then it's no surprise that it's not working - the "hack" folder is supposed to be next to the "data" folder, not inside a separate "dfhack-0.43.05-r1-Windows-64" folder.

It also means you were lying when you answered this question:
Can you open it? Did you install DFHack as the same user that you're running it as?

Your DF folder structure should look something like this (with extra files, of course). Can you verify this?
Code: [Select]
Dwarf Fortress.exe
SDL.dll
SDLreal.dll
hack
    symbols.xml
    plugins
...with the following answer:
Yes just with the symbols.xml and plugins in reverse order.
...and that you did not follow the installation instructions as you said you did.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 07:57:14 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2017, 02:04:10 am »

So I misread Lethosar's instructions and put the hack folder at the start menu.

No!

Well it seems to work mostly. And because of my stupidity and time-wasting on this adventure I award myself this badge!

And goodnight!

Obsidian 1053

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2017, 10:58:27 am »

It looks like that's the hack folder from a different version of DFHack somehow - none of the plugins are loading because they're from DFHack 0.43.05-r1, not r2.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2017, 04:02:13 pm »

So I fixed it but now the ruby files are now all gone

Obsidian 1053

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2017, 05:16:06 pm »

So I fixed it but now the ruby files are now all gone
What specific message are you seeing that implies that? Did you copy over the entire hack folder?

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 08:17:57 pm »

Cannot initialise ruby plugin failed to load ruby library. And it just didn't come with dfhack

Obsidian 1053

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2017, 07:59:58 am »

ruby.dll should come with DFHack. Did you forget to copy it over? (It should end up in the DF folder.)

Pages: 1 [2]