Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 268890 times)

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1620 on: December 06, 2022, 03:28:46 pm »

Hmm, entities have hospitals and messengers but not architects.
Flying Teasets is stricken by melancholy!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: December 06, 2022, 05:25:25 pm »

I wonder what happened to the priest and guildhall settings from Init? Also, so weird to have a release and nowhere here to post issues as we come across them...

Whole site seems to be falling apart unfortunately. Hopefully just a temporary thing.

Trainzack

• Bay Watcher
  • The universe is, and we are.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 07, 2022, 06:06:14 am »

Also, so weird to have a release and nowhere here to post issues as we come across them..

The Kitfox discord has a DF bug report forum that already has over 100 bug reports. That's available, at least.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 06:07:48 am by Trainzack »

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: December 07, 2022, 08:43:50 am »

edit
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 11:12:29 am by brolol.404 »

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 07, 2022, 10:50:00 am »

Steam is everything but user friendly when it comes to uploading mods and editing entries, and it pisses me off. If you can upload images through Steam, why can't you do the same with a thumbnail? Why do you have to do the text formatting manually? Why aren't there convenient buttons for that? Is that so difficult to program?

I wanted to upload Dino Hybrids to steam, but I got annoyed big time. Also, thinking about graphics makes me feel anxious. This is all too overwhelming for me. I'm considering sticking to the free version, but I like the idea of my mods actually getting downloaded and played. This whole situation is not good for my mental health, that much I know lmao

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: December 07, 2022, 11:23:24 am »

So far I've discovered that buildings will be invisible if you don't assign a graphical sprite to them; there is no default unassigned sprite there. I didn't get much farther than that.

The skill ID for engraving has changed, it's not DETAILSTONE anymore. I've also tried ENGRAVER, ENGRAVING, STONECARVER, and STONECARVING. None of those are correct.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: December 07, 2022, 11:30:36 am »

Steam is everything but user friendly when it comes to uploading mods and editing entries, and it pisses me off. If you can upload images through Steam, why can't you do the same with a thumbnail? Why do you have to do the text formatting manually? Why aren't there convenient buttons for that? Is that so difficult to program?

I wanted to upload Dino Hybrids to steam, but I got annoyed big time. Also, thinking about graphics makes me feel anxious. This is all too overwhelming for me. I'm considering sticking to the free version, but I like the idea of my mods actually getting downloaded and played. This whole situation is not good for my mental health, that much I know lmao

Don't stress yourself out over it. Take your time and if nothing else leave it on the free version. There is no deadline.

There will be many mods that don't make it to steam due to the graphic requirement alone.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 07, 2022, 11:34:37 am »

I was going to port over Human Fortress and Goblin Fortress, but it looks like All Races Playable already made it onto the workshop.

Instead I think I am going to turn those mods into something else.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1628 on: December 07, 2022, 07:39:20 pm »

The skill ID for engraving has changed, it's not DETAILSTONE anymore. I've also tried ENGRAVER, ENGRAVING, STONECARVER, and STONECARVING. None of those are correct.
Try also ENGRAVE, DETAIL, CARVE, STONECARVE, STONEDETAIL, ENGRAVESTONE
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 07, 2022, 08:11:38 pm »

Try also ENGRAVE, DETAIL, CARVE, STONECARVE, STONEDETAIL, ENGRAVESTONE
ENGRAVE_STONE

(Make an embark profile with all the skills that seem to have changed to check them).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 08:14:30 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1630 on: December 07, 2022, 08:22:13 pm »

I was going to port over Human Fortress and Goblin Fortress, but it looks like All Races Playable already made it onto the workshop.

The ones on the workshiop have pretty limited features. I would suggest still port over those two.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: December 07, 2022, 08:52:43 pm »

If graphics are an issue for Dino Hybrids, feel free to take whatever you need from Primal. I should have the mod on Steam soon, so you’ll be able to see how the file side works as well.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 07, 2022, 08:55:17 pm »

The ones on the workshiop have pretty limited features. I would suggest still port over those two.

I am working on porting Human Fortress over as a mod that replaces all civs with my humans. I should have it done by the end of the week once I finish the art for all of the workshops.

I am not sure on my plans for Goblin Fortress. I may port that one over after.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1633 on: December 07, 2022, 10:05:40 pm »

Huh. This works. Neat. Sadly not possible for different material versions.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 10:08:20 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kiiranaux

• Bay Watcher
  • , who choked on [PRO_POS] own ambition!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 07, 2022, 10:49:16 pm »

Don't stress yourself out over it. Take your time and if nothing else leave it on the free version. There is no deadline.

There will be many mods that don't make it to steam due to the graphic requirement alone.

Very much my philosophy with Highfantasy. Mods with low graphic requirements will make it over first, followed by graphic mods. I made a multi-day plan for the early stages of conversion, and I'll let the graphics trickle in after that.
The Highfantasy Mod/Pack. Civs, Creatures, Systems, Balance.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 121