Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 268680 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1350 on: November 25, 2020, 07:59:46 am »

well got inspired into figuring out a way to just hollow out a tree with out cutting one down.

then started back on my raid script addons with realizing I could rework my old recruit scripts to just Snatch a random nemesis from a site
which eventually once I get the script work out would lead into being able to send units out to grab prisoners from sites or any historical units.

fake edit: ok so after testing this snatch script I currently realize if someone you snatched before ends up dead from a botch raid attempt the snatched person will instantly die and leave no corpse.
which lead to writing a script that removes the snatched person from the nemesis pool of the site. which while that works does lead to scenarios where the site is filled with inhabitants and sending your army off to fight an endless horde that as no leader.
probably going to toss the script over to the dfhack thread.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 28, 2020, 06:49:03 pm »

Was trying to create a system of becoming a warlock. I want to make a "pact" where you get an initial interaction/syndrome, and gain a bunch of CDIs, but can only use one, each of these being a different pact offering different powers, and maybe some "price" like a permanent debuff to one stat or something.

The sorceror interaction I added works fine it seems; rarely an individual, when they use/are affected by the "self meditation" interaction to learn natural abilities, gets a second CDI which makes them a sorceror with lots of extra powers basically for free. I also dialed back the likelihood of getting natural abilities in general, so natural abilities are less likely.

I've been considering changing the way you learn spells through wizardly research too, maybe seeing if severity values and added concentrations from CDIs can add additional CDIs. You could then eat one essence per school and "practice" magic from that school, gaining powers as you practice. I would prefer still to be able to write things down and read books, but only secrets can be written down, and I don't want all wizardly magic to depend on secrets. It's possible I believe to use a secret from a sphere that I don't otherwise have a use for to become the "mundane" schools, and use CDIs in play to artificially invoke them without need for a deity actually providing them, and after that to write them down in a book so other dwarves can read it, gain the "practice magic" CDI, then begin gaining the actual powers after using the practice power enough.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 28, 2020, 10:26:45 pm »

About to start a new mod, which in the "proud" Teneb tradition is a conversion of a pre-existing universe. Main difference here is that there's already another mod that does that (and does it well!), but 1) I want to do it; and 2) the extant mod approaches it from a different way than what I want to do. Which, y'know, is fine... just don't want to look like I'm making a competing mod because I've seen communities in other games take a bad turn cuz of that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 28, 2020, 10:29:10 pm »

About to start a new mod, which in the "proud" Teneb tradition is a conversion of a pre-existing universe. Main difference here is that there's already another mod that does that (and does it well!), but 1) I want to do it; and 2) the extant mod approaches it from a different way than what I want to do. Which, y'know, is fine... just don't want to look like I'm making a competing mod because I've seen communities in other games take a bad turn cuz of that.

What's the universe you're converting DF to, if you don't mind me asking?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 28, 2020, 10:44:58 pm »

What's the universe you're converting DF to, if you don't mind me asking?
Right, got so focused on justifying that I forgot. 'Tis Star Wars.

Feel kinda bad because Jawa Fortress is a really good mod, but I really want to do this. so...
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 29, 2020, 04:47:51 pm »

Right, got so focused on justifying that I forgot. 'Tis Star Wars.

Feel kinda bad because Jawa Fortress is a really good mod, but I really want to do this. So...

How will you make this mod different from Jawa Fortress? Have it take place in a different era or something?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 30, 2020, 02:28:56 pm »

Hey, any way I can help out?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 30, 2020, 07:36:46 pm »

Working on cleaned up appearances (dorf/hum/elf) mod for creature_standard.txt. Currently for default vanilla we have a jigsaw puzzle dump onto a table sort of affair.

Rorschach inkblot take aside (you see what you wanna see), removing dermatalogical (dry/oily hair)/dental issues and some end ranges for facial features results in less One Piece noble/Eldritch-abomination descriptions. A glut of detail produces a Gulliver in Brobdingnag effect.

For example, I made a Revolutionary Girl Utena type shoujo-pretty character:

Or it could be seen as such.

Also realized besides degree value (extremely/very vs. slightly/somewhat) and APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE, the order in which an entry appears governs it's placement in unit description.

The above example had a APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:1000 for hair, and a 50 for degree (short).
Code: [Select]
TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:50:50:50:100:100:150:200Didn't muck about with entry placement here.

With the exception of dialed-in individualized creature text files, you still kinda have to sit on description rolls unless you want an everyone's become a clone effect in world gen.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: December 01, 2020, 08:18:01 pm »

I have been gone for awhile, but I should probably update some of my mods. Hopefully too many tags haven't changed since v44.12.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: December 01, 2020, 08:48:47 pm »

I have been gone for awhile, but I should probably update some of my mods. Hopefully too many tags haven't changed since v44.12.

Oh hey, welcome back Brolol! Good to see you modding again.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: December 01, 2020, 08:50:32 pm »

Oh hey, welcome back Brolol! Good to see you modding again.

Thanks! It has been a crazy year.

I am sure I have a lot to catch up on.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 01, 2020, 09:38:11 pm »

Working on cleaned up appearances (dorf/hum/elf) mod for creature_standard.txt. Currently for default vanilla we have a jigsaw puzzle dump onto a table sort of affair.

Rorschach inkblot take aside (you see what you wanna see), removing dermatalogical (dry/oily hair)/dental issues and some end ranges for facial features results in less One Piece noble/Eldritch-abomination descriptions. A glut of detail produces a Gulliver in Brobdingnag effect.

For example, I made a Revolutionary Girl Utena type shoujo-pretty character:

Or it could be seen as such.

Also realized besides degree value (extremely/very vs. slightly/somewhat) and APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE, the order in which an entry appears governs it's placement in unit description.

The above example had a APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:1000 for hair, and a 50 for degree (short).
Code: [Select]
TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:50:50:50:100:100:150:200Didn't muck about with entry placement here.

With the exception of dialed-in individualized creature text files, you still kinda have to sit on description rolls unless you want an everyone's become a clone effect in world gen.
g i v e
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: December 02, 2020, 01:41:12 pm »

No need, though I will take inspiration from a few things in your mod.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: December 02, 2020, 02:10:44 pm »

No need, though I will take inspiration from a few things in your mod.

I’ll look forward to seeing what you make, then.
My mods and forum games.

nockermensch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 17, 2020, 02:33:32 pm »

Is it possible to use creature_variation to make the creature raws a bit more compact? I've been going through creature_standard.txt and a lot of tags between the races are just repeated verbatim. Have anyone tried defining a "basic humanoid" creature variation with all the tags the races in common to make raw editing more manageable/readable?
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 121