Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 268725 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1275 on: April 30, 2020, 01:50:58 pm »

Is that an Amorphous+ mod?  Heh, that brings me back...

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 30, 2020, 02:52:38 pm »

Is that an Amorphous+ mod?  Heh, that brings me back...
Pretty much, yes. The Glooples are bigger (I think) than in the original, and so far I've gotten the Meltie (explodes on contact, leaves behind syndrome-causing fluid), Horror (Just got to mod in the teeth-firing and rapid tooth-regrowing), Biter (Ditto) and Grinder made, with the Clutter, Inkie, and Torchie/Frostie next on the list. May have to compensate for certain difficult-to-mod ones (Lookin' at you, Void Eater) with new creations or altered versions, due to the difficulty of faithfully reproducing their abilities. Good to find someone else who played that game, though.

@Quantum Drop
Glad it worked! May I ask, were you able to simply remove the tissue/material and redefine it in the creature file, or did you have to redefine the body detail plans?

Unrelated but here's something silly from one of my body detail plans I thought yall might get a kick from:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Far as I can tell, removing and redefining the tooth tissue/material did it for the teeth. Melting stopped after a bit of playing around with the temperature (thanks for pointing that out) and after fixing a minor muck-up in the exoskeleton BDP (turns out it was using an entirely different skin-type tissue to the one I needed. Oops.)
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 30, 2020, 05:09:37 pm »

I'm trying to improve grimeling. If it made of real plant structural materials, it become very fragile, so I have idea: grimeling continuously reanimate their bodyparts and add special syndrome. Bodyparts must FLEEQUICK from battles, slowly regrow other body parts and become aggressive back after regrowed full. How code this?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 03, 2020, 10:08:58 am »

Currently adapting my personal mod for Adventurecraft.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1279 on: May 03, 2020, 04:27:38 pm »

Only creature tuning this week.
- cave tortoises made a little larger; they already could fatally 8:8 speed bite your brain stem.
- reacher (105 kg humanoid lake lurker) combat skills increased.
- honey badger made more common, I haven't seen them around.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 03, 2020, 05:53:40 pm »

I'm trying to improve grimeling. If it made of real plant structural materials, it become very fragile, so I have idea: grimeling continuously reanimate their bodyparts and add special syndrome. Bodyparts must FLEEQUICK from battles, slowly regrow other body parts and become aggressive back after regrowed full. How code this?

Well, you can make a reanimation interaction that works only on grimeling corpses/body parts, adding a syndrome that has various delayed effects, that transform the reanimated creature progressively to more complete forms of the grimeling, and also a anti-discipline effect that lasts from the start of the syndrome until the final transformation efffect.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 05, 2020, 08:12:06 pm »

i got the sizes of the dragons from some absolute mad lad on tumblr who saw my post and went yeah i'll calculate that for you. need to work out the growth period for the assorted breeds now... and i think i'm gonna have to define each breed's shape individually... can you put the STANCE and GRASP tokens on the same body part or am i gonna have to put GRASP on the wings so they can hold things?
Yup both tokens work fine. My mod does this with certain quadrupeds:
One thing to keep in mind with this is other body parts that use CONTYPE:STANCE or CONTYPE:GRASP. I have a neopet that uses its' tail as a stance part, and it also has feet. If I used the vanilla 2TOES body part, it would put toes on the tail because the body part uses CONTYPE:STANCE, thus I created a body part that puts two toes on two feet, like this:
It uses CON to directly target the desired bodyparts, rather than targeting every STANCE part. If you give wings GRASP for example, and you're also giving them hands/fingers, you'll need to make a new body part similar to the one above to make sure they don't have fingers on their wings.

Oh you're also going to need to pay attention to what attacks you give the creature. If I gave the kick attack to my pet that stands on its' tail, it would kick with its' tail because the kick attack uses BY_TYPE:STANCE, likewise if you gave wings grasp, the creature would punch with its' wings because the attack uses BY_TYPE:GRASP. It's an easy fix, just something to pay attention to.
actually since they're bat type wings, that might not need to be fixed...
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #1282 on: May 06, 2020, 10:56:40 am »

actually since they're bat type wings, that might not need to be fixed...
Not sure what you mean honestly. I'm just saying if your wings have the token [GRASP], like this:
And you use a finger body part that has the token [CONTYPE:GRASP], such as:
The wings will have fingers because the finger body part targets every body part that has the token [GRASP].

Oh and also, the punch attack and the kick attack target body parts that use [GRASP], and [STANCE], respectively.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 11:07:20 am by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 07, 2020, 02:46:16 am »

I've started working on yet another project I may never finish - a cavern expansion. So far I've finished four creatures:
-Cave stag - a quadrupedal grazer with antlers of hardened fungal matter. The fungusis effectively wood, but counts as horn.
-Pig tail host - a giant cicada nymph infested with fibrous fungus. This fungus is actually wool, but hush! Don't tell anyone! This is actually a repurposed creature from my scrapped project, Dwarven Underground Pet Assortment (D.U.P.A).
-Large rolling puffball - a large spherical fungus filled with infectious spores. It releases said spores if threatened or damaged. The fungus it's made of is basically muscle, but heals much faster. I'll probably use this material/tissue for the inside of most fungal creatures.
-Giant rolling puffball - larger, faster, more aggressive form of rolling puffball. I have a small, vermin puffball planned, but that comes later.
I've made some plans for the first and second layer (fungal wiods and deep swamp, and aberrant garden and crystalline pools).

There's also a creature that has been on my mind for a while, but doesn't fit in any of my projects - the Tricepsratops, a triceratops with muscular arms. I don't wanna waste such ingenious idea.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1284 on: May 07, 2020, 07:46:52 am »

I've started working on yet another project I may never finish - a cavern expansion. So far I've finished four creatures:
-Cave stag

If you don't finish the project in X weeks -- do you want your creatures included in OldGenesis?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 07, 2020, 09:28:46 pm »

I had some old caverny critters I don't work on anymore too, that might fit into your underground swamps and forests.

I really wanted to come up with some new critters to replace domestic animals in dwarven civs, ive not done much yet though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 08, 2020, 04:39:40 am »

I don't mind my stuff being used, finished or not. I'll post a WIP version once I finish fungal woods.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 08, 2020, 04:45:20 am »

The freezing spray I have on some of my creatures is hilariously lethal. Has a tendency to freeze people's eyes solid and render them blind before killing them by freezing their brain/upper/lower body.

Also I made blizzard men be actually made of ice.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 04:54:42 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 09, 2020, 12:34:46 am »

While working on my elf mod I noticed that neither of the base game reactions for pressing oil include a [PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150] token. Is that a bug? It it going to cause me problems if I start using oil as a reagent in other reactions?

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:PRESS_OIL]
[NAME:press liquid from paste]
[BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS:CUSTOM_P]
[REAGENT:paste:150:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PRESS_LIQUID_MAT]
[NOT_PRESSED]
[REAGENT:liquid container:1:TOOL:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[DOES_NOT_ABSORB]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[HAS_TOOL_USE:LIQUID_CONTAINER]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:paste:PRESS_LIQUID_MAT][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:liquid container]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GLOB:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:paste:NONE][PRODUCT_PRESSED]
[SKILL:PRESSING]

[REACTION:PRESS_OIL_FRUIT]
[NAME:press liquid from fruit]
[BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS:CUSTOM_F]
[REAGENT:plant:1:PLANT_GROWTH:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PRESS_LIQUID_MAT]
[NOT_PRESSED]
[UNROTTEN]
[REAGENT:liquid container:1:TOOL:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[EMPTY]
[DOES_NOT_ABSORB]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[HAS_TOOL_USE:LIQUID_CONTAINER]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:PRESS_LIQUID_MAT][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:liquid container]
[PRODUCT:100:1:GLOB:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:plant:NONE][PRODUCT_PRESSED]
[SKILL:PRESSING]

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 11, 2020, 12:50:56 pm »

Three new creatures for fungal woods!

-Chomper - quite uninteresting; just a six-legged lizard with a toothy beak. Peaceful herbivore, when cornered it defends itself by biting and scratching. May be useful for egg production.
-Mycellic devourer - a huge amphibian with fungus growing on its back and head. It disguises itself as a patch of floor fungus in wait for prey. It's an ambush predator slightly larger than a yak, but even slower than a giant cave toad. Goblins that don't value their time may use them as mounts.
-Strandcat - a cat-shaped mass of loose mycelium strands. Its claws inject debilitating toxin. Because of the creature's fibrous nature, blunt weapons have virtually no effect other than an occasional shattered claw. Trainable for war and hunting. Size of a beak dog or gorilla.

Next batch: fungal Mike Tyson, spore flamingo, and a thing straight up stolen from Dungeon Meshi.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 121