Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 267526 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1035 on: October 17, 2019, 02:15:48 pm »

werepumpkins

I don't know why this idea has intrigued me so much, but I think I am going to run with it.

I get a real Classic Monster Movie vibe from this: Killer Pumkpins from Outer Space!

So, again in the spirit of Halloween, I'm going to make a giant pumpkin megabeast that bites creatures which in turn become pumpkin creatures that can bite creatures that become... etc.

Will possibly give the smaller pumpkin creatures a really high frequency to make sure every world turns into a were pumpkin hell. I'm not sure how this will turn out but I'm willing to give it a go lol

EDIT: I will actually use my hunters moon code for this. On the hunters moon every year 100 werepumpkins and a great werepumpkin will emerge from the darkness
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 03:27:14 pm by brolol.404 »

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 17, 2019, 10:52:23 pm »

I'm now returning to modding, currently i'm writing concepts for a mod that tries to strike a balance of realism and fantasy similar to vanilla's. Call it DF+ for now, until i think of a less pretentious title.

So far, I've added in the mushrooms from my old mod (Shiitakes, Portobellos, and Psilocybin), Pumpkins (Basically renamed, orange squash), and three types of more "domestic" pepper (Chili, Ghost, and Reaper) with syndromes attached (chili and ghost provide erratic behavior, while reapers also induce pain and swelling), cabbage variants (broccoli, cauliflower, and kale, complete with overly expensive leaves and juice), prickly pear cacti, agave (complete with expensive tequila for desert civilizations to export), and sugarcane (because rum)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 01:46:08 am by Kyubee »
My (long abandoned) mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 18, 2019, 03:26:59 am »

More stuff for ADP which I should probably rename actually:
-leather, hide and pelt - furry animals will bear furry pelt of appropriate color instead of boring old leather; small ungulates, animals with interesting patterns as well as lions will bear hide of appropriate color; some animals such as elephants and beluga whales will have leather colored appropriately; most whales' skin will be untannable.
-animal people can't gore with their hornf, I believe. What's the point of having a red deer man who can't impale enemies on its antlers?
-ossicones - giraffe ossicones are bony growths covered with skin; no horn tissue anywhere.
-deep ones - aquatic animal men should have legs and be amphibious. Blue whale man infantry, beluga man bards, horde of carp people slaughtering fishermen, this kinda stuff.

And the animal prople overhaul is sliggishly moving forward. I've been stuck on deer for months but right now it's just grey brocket, whitetail and mule deer.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 18, 2019, 03:32:21 am »

oh, youre overhauling animal people? We certainly needed that massively. I particularly love that one about amphibious sea-people. I always modded that in myself!
My (long abandoned) mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 18, 2019, 10:12:35 am »

werepumpkins

I don't know why this idea has intrigued me so much, but I think I am going to run with it.

I get a real Classic Monster Movie vibe from this: Killer Pumkpins from Outer Space!

So, again in the spirit of Halloween, I'm going to make a giant pumpkin megabeast that bites creatures which in turn become pumpkin creatures that can bite creatures that become... etc.

Will possibly give the smaller pumpkin creatures a really high frequency to make sure every world turns into a were pumpkin hell. I'm not sure how this will turn out but I'm willing to give it a go lol

EDIT: I will actually use my hunters moon code for this. On the hunters moon every year 100 werepumpkins and a great werepumpkin will emerge from the darkness

Well, I am not a sprite artist, but I made a sprite for these werepumpkins for use with 32 graphic sets:

Anyone good with sprite graphics, feel free to give me some pointers lol

All of the scripting is done for this mod (and working)

Once I get the body completed (I believe to be done but needs testing) this mod will be ready for release:

Night of the Werepumpkins!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 12:56:41 pm by brolol.404 »

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 19, 2019, 02:43:05 am »

I just took some time to make reverse goblins; titled Nilbogs as a half-assed D&D reference. Nice lil goblins with inverted colors and a friendly nature. They come all year to sell toys.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1041 on: October 19, 2019, 03:08:30 am »

I hate that its making me think of Troll 2. Angry male dwarves won't allow dwarf children to piss on the nilbogs hospitality.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 19, 2019, 04:46:55 am »

I hate that its making me think of Troll 2. Angry male dwarves won't allow dwarf children to piss on the nilbogs hospitality.

I'm sorry to remind you of that. Lol. I gotta work on it a bit more since i cant sleep.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1043 on: October 19, 2019, 06:15:13 am »

I'm sorry to remind you of that. Lol. I gotta work on it a bit more since i cant sleep.
Lol its fine, I meant it in a jokey way.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 20, 2019, 02:11:55 am »

I finished the Cryptid section of my overhaul mod. Its by no means a comprehensive cryptid list, but its got quite a bit of fun stuff to it! I'm proud of it so far. But now i'm in a spot of writers block

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 22, 2019, 10:05:02 pm »

I made my wood too hot, and now everything is on fire. All my dwarves are dead. My craft stockpile full of wooden crafts/furniture and hauling dwarves has burned to the ground. The fort was going so well too ;w;

On the bright side, now I know not to set wood to volatile temperatures even if it itself is fireproof.

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 22, 2019, 11:00:18 pm »

I made my wood too hot, and now everything is on fire.
would you mind telling me how exactly you did this? I'm not exactly used to how temperatures work in DF and would like to know for...

reasons.
All tunnels lead to Skavenblight

My mods

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 23, 2019, 12:23:42 am »

would you mind telling me how exactly you did this? I'm not exactly used to how temperatures work in DF and would like to know for...

reasons.

Okay, look at Nether cap. Its fixed temperature is 10000, just above freezing. Add even a few hundred, and its dangerously hot. I turned mine up to... 15000. But set it to not get damaged by heat. Its stable in log form, but I guess it explodes when crafted with

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 23, 2019, 08:57:41 pm »

That's hotter than magma by 3000 urists. It probably vaporized anything in the workshop with it, plus the workshop, plus the dwarf working with it.

I've found anything above 10150 is unsafe to work with because some of objects in the vicinity, and dwarves, will be damaged.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 23, 2019, 08:59:50 pm »

reasons.

Okay, look at Nether cap. Its fixed temperature is 10000, just above freezing. Add even a few hundred, and its dangerously hot. I turned mine up to... 15000. But set it to not get damaged by heat. Its stable in log form, but I guess it explodes when crafted with

Why are you not satisfied with a mushroom that lets you make barrels that keep beer COLD, FOREVER!?
pug
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 121