Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 267498 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1020 on: October 11, 2019, 06:47:05 pm »

That sounds fun.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: October 11, 2019, 09:35:33 pm »

Trying to get Item Syndrome Reborn script to work so that I can start modding in enchanted materials, and pulling my hair out because I spent 5 hours straight doing this and got negative results.

Other then that, mostly just adding in new inorganic materials and weapons.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1022 on: October 12, 2019, 06:49:58 am »

Also, let me know if there are any specific werecreatures you want to see so I can make sure to include them.
Weremummy, werebulldog, werechihuahua
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: October 12, 2019, 07:14:32 am »

Weremummy, werebulldog, werechihuahua

weremummy?

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #1024 on: October 12, 2019, 01:00:18 pm »

Are wererabbits in the game already? For extra halloween-feel, why not werebats, werespiders, werecats, and werepumpkins?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: October 12, 2019, 04:21:47 pm »

Alright. I will plan to do a "Dog Breeds - Werecreatures" add on for Halloween.

werebeagle
werebulldog
werechihuahua
werepug
werecat

any other requests?

Are wererabbits in the game already? For extra halloween-feel, why not werebats, werespiders, werecats, and werepumpkins?

These are really cool ideas. I may do a mod for these in the future, but right now I was just thinking of adding a couple of werecreatures as an optional add on to my existing mods. I'll add a werecat though.

That werepumpkin sounds really cool, but may take some work to get the materials, tissues and body just right.

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 12, 2019, 11:33:34 pm »

I'm gonna start working on the next batch of creatures for my Monster Hunter mod as well as starting the crossover/event monsters addon which will feature a few spooky subspecies and variants just in time for Halloween!
Get ready because the next updates gonna be extra sinister, featuring a certain "two-headed dragon".
All tunnels lead to Skavenblight

My mods

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 13, 2019, 02:54:36 am »

I've got a somewhat trivial but annoying issue. Horn isn't on the list of materials for weapon stockpiles so my modded picks are always scattered around. Any ideas?
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Abyssmo

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Goblin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 16, 2019, 12:02:31 am »

Just finished up on Nerscylla and by Armok, I never knew how much I'd hate creating spider-like creatures. But at least that and another certain multi-limbed monster are done and out of the way.
On top of that I got a handful of monsters for the crossover/event addon ready to go once Halloween comes around. My only complaint is how most of the creatures in the addon are just reskins of other monsters because either:

A. Little to no info on them exists beyond a few screenshots and an empty wiki page *COUGH*enma rajang*COUGH*

or

B. They literally ARE reskins of a monster, thus not really adding anything new beyond just looks.

but either way i'm oddly proud of what I could make, even if some of them are just recolors.
All tunnels lead to Skavenblight

My mods

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1029 on: October 16, 2019, 01:57:54 am »

Tbh while I don't know much about MH stuff, I'm guessing stuff like the Enma Rajang is the "stronger palette swap" trope - so you still add it either as an alternate caste with higher combat skills - or if they're in different environments then the same thing but as a separate creature rather than only a caste.

LadyCookie

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 16, 2019, 11:37:11 am »

Currently I'm trying to delete most of the raws and create my own.
First, breaking down the world to its most basic parts (much less stone types, a few creatures and plants, etc.) just the minimum for the game be still playable. I'll start expanding from there, I'm trying to learn as much as I can about raw editing. (I might also have a goddess complex and like to create worlds too much)

I'm aware that Dwarf 4tress From Scratch mod tries to do the same, but I didn't find a "bare-bones" version to use with 44.12, so I want to make my own. I like the amount of flavor and variety the game offers, but I think it's a bit too much for my tastes. And I'm also not that big of a fan of dwarves, elves and western medieval fantasy, even though I like DF's twists on this setting (like dwarves being so much more varied than your classic D&D or WoW dwarf, and magic being almost non-existant).

I'm also cracking my head to figure out how to work with Overrides on TWBT, for now I managed to make Gemset use different tiles for wooden walls (the original Gemset makes all walls grey-colored and brick-shaped, which I didn't like).
I have nothing to put here

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 16, 2019, 01:38:43 pm »

I'm almost finished with the 7 deadly megabeasts series. Just need to make the beast of pride, which is going to be the hardest one to make because it's meant to spawn swarms of enemies.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 05:49:04 pm by MachoNacho »
pug

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 16, 2019, 05:57:28 pm »

That'll be easier in the next version.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 16, 2019, 06:55:41 pm »

Well, adding werebeasts was a lot quicker than I thought it would be, so I ended up adding 20 weredogs.

Wereakita
Werebeagle
Werebloodhound
Wereboxer
Werebulldog
Werechihuahua
Werecorgi
Weredachshund
Weredalmatian
Werehusky
Werelabrador
Weremaltese
Weremastiff
Werepapillion
Werepinscher
Werepitbull
Werepomeranian
Werepoodle
Werepug
Wererottweiler

Here is the mod as promised: [44.12] Dog Breeds - Weredogs v1.0

I was also trying to add an optional dfhack script that spawned a random werecreature on the hunter's moon every year, but for some reason it doesn't like the "modtools/force -eventType NightCreature" command. If I get it figured out, I will make a v2.0 to include it.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1034 on: October 17, 2019, 09:15:03 am »

Finished up the Envy elemental pets - still got pride, greed, sloth and lust pets left, alongside some despair elementals. Got the body plans for the creatures done already so it shouldn't take all that long, only need to do the abilities for the ones that need them.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 121