Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 267342 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #840 on: April 25, 2019, 06:48:31 am »

I'm working on better toys/crafts/clothes from suede/fur/thickleather/birchbark/best_wood/carveable_rock.
Easier bulk manufacturing, and these custom reactions won't waste armor-type leather on clothing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 04:04:31 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Craftsdwarf boi

• Bay Watcher
  • Member Of the UC Dwarven Rights Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 25, 2019, 10:17:41 pm »

Here is a list of mod ideas
(Listed From Plausible and rudimentary task to the implausibly sophisticated and nearly impossible (or impossible) mega-projects)
0.Reading the raws
1.Adamantine ,divine metal, and slade forgotten beasts(FUN, also known as inevitable defeatism)(Being worked on)
2.Formations and field commanders
3.Neural network-powered entities
4.Graphic tileset powered by neural network, supports sRGB coloration system
5.Distinct (random) civilizations and macroscopic phenomenons with completely CPU-improvised tech trees.
6.DNA-based organisms
7.Simulation of entire solar systems, each with multiple #5s and eccentric geological formations

(Do not expect them to be released or developed)
DEATH THO THE THE IGNOBLE NOBLES
Come and amuse oneself the Game of Skirmishes and Transpiration!
...and Engine Heart!
"It was inevitable"----Urist Mcphilosopher
"Losing is !!FUN!!"-----Pretty much every forum member
"#Proletariatinsurrection"-----Every Non-noble dwarf when under rule by nobility

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 25, 2019, 11:43:19 pm »

Reassembling my mod folder after computer problems deleted most of my stuff. Should take care of the LOLmod addition from Voliol tomorrow unless something comes up.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 27, 2019, 01:27:56 am »

This would be trivial to most modders, but I've finally managed to fix my sable antelope so that all tissues are in place, and the colors on male and female castes are how they should be. I'm so damn proud of myself right now. Now to do the same thing with the blackbuck, fix color modifiers on duikers, then I can move to squeezing out hogs making pigs.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 28, 2019, 07:22:35 am »

Apparently, adventurers hunting wildlife in worldgen automatically train crossbow skill, even if their civ has no crossbows whatsoever, which hilariously results in highly trained crossbowmen who come to fight barefisted. Guess the reason I've never noticed it earlier is because the only default civ with no crossbows is also vegetarian. It does affect my "tactical" civs, however. I've made some "fake crossbows" (actually just copies of two-handed melee weapons with non-existing ammo) as a temporary solution, but figured there must be a more interesting way to flesh this out. Dedicated hunting melee weapons using crossbow skill, perhaps? Or just move the throwing spears into crossbow skill  ::)
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 28, 2019, 11:36:09 am »

Apparently, adventurers hunting wildlife in worldgen automatically train crossbow skill, even if their civ has no crossbows whatsoever, which hilariously results in highly trained crossbowmen who come to fight barefisted.

Oh so that's the reason why there was an unarmed legendary dark elf markswoman leading the siege in one of my forts. The more you know.

Edit:
My animal pack has over 150 creatures now, all even-hooved ungulates. Only whales left to do and then I can do something more interesting.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 12:50:56 pm by SQman »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 05, 2019, 04:12:53 pm »

I just got the inspiration (and motivation) I needed to reboot my Warhammer Fantasy mod. Which is very nice.

This time though, instead of just jumping straight to editing the raws, I'm going to write an extensive design document beforehand. Also, instead of going for an "all or nothing" approach when it comes to playable fort mode races, I'll focus on a select few (while having others still around to interact with) and make them as unique from each other as I can.

Damn it feels good to be motivated again after weeks of crushing anxiety.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 06, 2019, 08:11:24 am »

I always get so sad when I come here, looking at all the motivation you people have to do things...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 06, 2019, 11:54:31 am »

I always get so sad when I come here, looking at all the motivation you people have to do things...

Same. I haven't really had the energy or motivation to do anything DF-related lately, nor have I had any ideas just yet. When the big DF update comes out I might get a flood of new things to tinker with, or I might merely need to update my raws. I don't know 100% just what I'll end up being able to do.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 06, 2019, 01:24:52 pm »

Waiting for the new version to put some of my plans in motion because i've achieved peak of what i can do at the moment regarding the fine balance between - being happy i have enough content / having the motivation to fix what im not happy with.

Next one is a big one anyway, likely will be working on a intrigue based race of super sleuths/conspirators, maybe inverse-bolds obsessed with justice trenchcoats noir and fedoras. I did also consider the other side, i guess the Kollector from the recent MK11 game (Naknadas) with the blue skin, glowing eyes (pull yellow eyes off gremlins maybe) could do the job for a greedy conspirator race to root its way into societies with a bit more social subtlety than goblin violence.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 01:29:29 pm by FantasticDorf »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 06, 2019, 11:38:56 pm »

I fixed a bug someone found, and worked out how I'm going to proceed with the dwarves cultural powers.

Basically using rune stones, built into a workshop, which create magical effects or items when reactions are performed. This also leads into golem crafting, which will call upon multiple magic systems, including runestones, enchanted armor, and conjured souls binding to sacrificial animals, to finally create a dwarven armored golem.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 07, 2019, 04:22:00 pm »

Playing a fortress as a surface-dwelling, aquatic race (Zora).

They are all having nervous breakdowns on account of how it's a rainy biome and they keep getting caught in the rain >_<
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

BluealienDio

• Bay Watcher
  • Vampiric Guest, [PREFSTRING:steamrollers]
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 07, 2019, 04:58:31 pm »

Mostly just learning piece by piece how to make proper creatures and testing them out in the arena.

I can actually make a lil’ dog-thing that doesn’t have three separate bodies due to me messing up the body and not connecting things correcting.
My Mods:
Team Dwarftress 2: Creature Packs: [WIP]

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #853 on: May 07, 2019, 08:50:56 pm »

Playing a fortress as a surface-dwelling, aquatic race (Zora).
They are all having nervous breakdowns on account of how it's a rainy biome and they keep getting caught in the rain >_<
Nasty world with acid rain, from nearby ash-spewing volcanoes :^)  :'(
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 08, 2019, 04:39:12 am »

Today I righteously corrected the description of Toad women from "a dark green man with the distinct head of a toad" to the neutral "a dark green humanoid...".

Then, noticing that Legends Viewer has issues with caste names sometimes, I helped it out by renaming the creature TOAD_PERSON.
Toad person, Toad-folk, Toad person.

And then a strange mood struck and I'm stuck here for the next few days renaming all those damn men (luckily it seems like only the Toad Man's actual description was problematic).
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 121