Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 267762 times)

gentgeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #300 on: December 25, 2017, 04:36:41 pm »

Back before multi-tile trees were a thing, I had a list of trees in my personal mod that I added for flavor. I'm trying to figure out how to use the new tree tags and get them back.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 25, 2017, 05:09:13 pm »

Back before multi-tile trees were a thing, I had a list of trees in my personal mod that I added for flavor. I'm trying to figure out how to use the new tree tags and get them back.

What kind of trees?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 25, 2017, 05:25:34 pm »

Probably going to start on Half Life creatures today.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 25, 2017, 07:38:15 pm »

downloaded the newest version of dwarf fortress at the beginning of december.

been working on a thing that I've been poking at on and off for a while. Getting Rhenaya's drows to work in the newest versions. Finding a few little errors here and there, some positions lack responsibilities that are important now, for these new missions.

Persistent issue that the drows seem to die out quite often in worldgen. Changed some of their values and personality preferences, going to see if that changes.

Lots of little tweaking of armour sizes and things, to get stuff to work well.

Also made a beastman civilisation. I used to play Master of Magic way back, thought it might be fun to recreate some of the civs in dwarf fortress. Made a "high elves" civ and a "barbarian humans" civ as well. High elves can use some metals, and barbarian humans don't have libraries. Will add different weapons for them at some point for flavour.

gentgeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 26, 2017, 12:56:39 am »

What kind of trees?

Typical mundane trees.
  • Redwood
  • Tupelo
  • Joshua Trees
  • Cottonwood
  • Aspen
  • Pinyon
  • Portia
  • Sycamore
  • Palmetto
  • Fir
  • Spruce
  • Juniper

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 26, 2017, 05:37:40 pm »

Working on headcrabs. These seem more complex than I thought. Trying to think of a good way to get headcrabs to transform themselves into headcrab zombies if they see a useful corpse. I'll probably not do it, since the game crashes if a nonhistorial figure transforms. I'm sure a headcrab that kills someone would be historical, but if a headcrab were to simply happen upon a corpse then it probably wouldn't be.

I have working versions of the normal, fast, and poison crabs, now I'm going to start on the zombies. They won't actually be zombies, I'm just going to make the zombies castes of headcrab so they can be encountered together in the wild without fighting. The most difficult part will probably be the crab's own organs inside its body, separate from the zombie's exposed insides.

As a happy accident, if headcrabs win a fight, they usually finish off the target by latching onto the victims head and thrashing it around until they die.

I also have ichthyosaurs.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #306 on: December 26, 2017, 05:48:36 pm »

The most difficult part will probably be the crab's own organs inside its body, separate from the zombie's exposed insides.
Given that you're using castes already, seems like it'd be fairly simple tbh - have the crab use the default internal organs and make another organ body part for the zombs, only lacking the [INTERNAL] token.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 26, 2017, 05:57:51 pm »

I guess it's not really difficult, I'm just being lazy about it.
My mods and forum games.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 27, 2017, 10:02:44 pm »

Slowly going looking through the raws from 43.xx v 44.xx.

Looking at this thread to see where I left off when I began tinkering with making clockwork seraphs. That was sorta how I figured outsider dorfs could have "beards".

Milk/milk booze never generated in the tavern barrels, so skipping that; it caused a weird issue with cheese no longer being edible. The feather-fletching thing worked so that's in.

Might make a reaction for "hot" water and make it give a good feeling when drunk, because heating water in vanilla does nothing but thaw if frozen.

While I had upgraded wood's sharpness to 5k, upgrading its weight just makes it metal's poorer doppelganger. But I do like the idea of elves hammering folks with heavy wooden lances and causing much upheaval...

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #309 on: December 28, 2017, 12:56:03 am »

Me, I'm just maintaining Deon's OldGenesis mod. Tweaking animal populations and vocalizations. (dwarf adventurer burps every 35 000 time units)
Added backpacks and quivers made of wood, since always out of leather (high boot!high boot!high boot!high boot!high boot!high boot!high boot!)

Many years back I added wood tiers:
   regular (value 1 birch, fir, pine, cork oak etc.),
   fairwood (value 2 beech, yellow satinwood),
   goodwood (value 3 oak, mahogany, teak, maple, ebony, holly etc. real-life furniture woods.)

Added leather tiers too: fur(leopard fur tunic mmm), suede(thin leather, for clothes),
leather (vanilla's), hide AKA tough leather (from rhinos and elephants), demon hide, dragon hide.

And piles of nice creatures, of course.  spaniel (best for lap), bulldog, mastiff (best for guarding), faedog (rare expensive double-speed hound)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 01:03:51 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #310 on: December 28, 2017, 12:58:04 am »

Working on headcrabs.
I'll probably not do it, since the game crashes if a nonhistorial figure transforms.
Can you make an adventure save where the wildlife transform is About To Happen, and email the save to Toady?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 28, 2017, 11:17:06 am »

I haven't actually done it, it's just a known bug.
My mods and forum games.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 28, 2017, 11:45:11 am »

Jason and the Argonauts was just on the telly.

So now I am contemplating how FIGHTING SKELETONS might work, heh.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 29, 2017, 01:06:55 am »

Haven't had a lot of time for modding, but I'm finished with the headcrabs. Next up is the antlions.
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 30, 2017, 06:14:46 pm »

Antlions down. Bullsquids and leeches as well.

*Sorry for double posting, forgot my previous post.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 121