Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 267773 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #270 on: December 06, 2017, 04:51:09 pm »

DDU?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #271 on: December 06, 2017, 04:54:00 pm »

Darkest Dungeon. Someone compared my cave revamp mod to it - since I don't want to get rusty at modding while we're waiting for the next bugfix updates (and so I have time to think up of ideas for a good/evil biome revamp to compliment the cave revamp one) I figured, why not actually make a DDU mod?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 06, 2017, 05:43:10 pm »

Am thinking of making that DFHack-less steampunk mod idea I suggested in an earlier thread. Basically you would have pipes, valves, steam containers, etc. defined as creatures which you pasture in the place you want. Certain components (boilers, user-operated valves) that require dwarf input would be defined as buildings. There would be workbots and fightbots, which are filled up with steam at charging ports, and then can go on and do useful things (workbots are intelligent pets that can perform jobs, fightbots are war-trainable and have varying combat abilities) until they run out of steam and have to be charged again. You would also be able to pasture various turrets and other things which are immobile but can run off steam directly, without having to be charged.

I haven't actually started on this yet, as I'm not sure right now if it'll be feasible or worth the while. (There's still a lot of technical problems to be solved.) And, do any of you even want this?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 06, 2017, 06:44:34 pm »

It sounds like fun to me. I've been wanting to do more stuff with mechanical/steam energy for a while, although personally I'm waiting until Toady gives us some tools to make custom buildings and work with power.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #274 on: December 07, 2017, 12:36:23 pm »

Hmm, got the pelagics done - so only three invaders left to do (bloodsuckers, witches and cultists), the megas and then the final dungeon creeps.

Wondering how the pelagic civ is gonna work, considering the three male castes are spouse converters and the siren is a converted spouse.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:40:50 pm by ZM5 »

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 07, 2017, 04:24:54 pm »

Wondering how the pelagic civ is gonna work, considering the three male castes are spouse converters and the siren is a converted spouse.
Will they even function correctly? I'd have thought that they'd either act as normal citizens, sans night troll behavior, or immediately flee to the wilderness. See also: A HF getting transformed into a megabeast with the POWER token, who will be stuck in an endless loop of deity impersonation and fleeing to the wilds.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #276 on: December 07, 2017, 04:33:37 pm »

Yeah it seems like they just dont have night creature behavior. Oh well, everything else works properly.

Also admittedly, I haven't noticed the endless loop behavior with creatures being turned into megas with the power token, back when I'd have deity curses turning people into one of the seven deadly sins megas. They actually just stayed in whatever towns that were their homes.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 07, 2017, 04:37:34 pm »

Yeah it seems like they just dont have night creature behavior. Oh well, everything else works properly.

Also admittedly, I haven't noticed the endless loop behavior with creatures being turned into megas with the power token, back when I'd have deity curses turning people into one of the seven deadly sins megas. They actually just stayed in whatever towns that were their homes.
Huh. My syndrome was transmitted via secret, so I assume that's where the crucial difference lies. Still, this merits more !!SCIENCE!!
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 09, 2017, 12:41:17 pm »

It occurs to me that the new pet system allows for a long-desired mod feature: multi-race civs! Making an intelligent race be a 'pet' of another race's civ seems to just elevate it to citizen status (you can assign labors to intelligent pets in fort mode, at least), so if you want (e.g.) a civ consisting of both dwarves and humans, make one of those the 'main' race and the other a pet.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #279 on: December 09, 2017, 12:52:44 pm »

It occurs to me that the new pet system allows for a long-desired mod feature: multi-race civs! Making an intelligent race be a 'pet' of another race's civ seems to just elevate it to citizen status (you can assign labors to intelligent pets in fort mode, at least), so if you want (e.g.) a civ consisting of both dwarves and humans, make one of those the 'main' race and the other a pet.
I posted about it before, but there's a key issue with that - when you get migrant waves, the migrants that aren't of your civs main race (i.e playing as a dwarf civ, but has elves as "pets") will be treated similarly to mercs or bards that petitioned for residency - as in, you cannot assign them jobs. They'll do hauling and whatever jobs that they have skill in, but you won't be able to do anything else with them.

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2017, 01:05:32 pm »

I posted about it before, but there's a key issue with that - when you get migrant waves, the migrants that aren't of your civs main race (i.e playing as a dwarf civ, but has elves as "pets") will be treated similarly to mercs or bards that petitioned for residency - as in, you cannot assign them jobs. They'll do hauling and whatever jobs that they have skill in, but you won't be able to do anything else with them.

Ah, that sucks. That definitely sounds like a bug and not WAI, though, so hopefully Toady'll fix it in one of the next few releases.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 09, 2017, 03:26:55 pm »

Ah, that sucks. That definitely sounds like a bug and not WAI, though, so hopefully Toady'll fix it in one of the next few releases.
Possibly, although he did say the animal tags really aren't supposed to be used with sapients. Might not get fixed until slavery is looked at a little more.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 09, 2017, 03:29:38 pm »

trying to get pigs shearable. I put the sheep RAWs having to do with wool in the right places, but after loading my save they aren't shearable. any help
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 09, 2017, 03:33:08 pm »

trying to get pigs shearable. I put the sheep RAWs having to do with wool in the right places, but after loading my save they aren't shearable. any help
Post your raws or no-one will be able to tell you what's wrong (and there is a general thread for questions - that'll get a quicker response).

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 09, 2017, 03:35:44 pm »

Make sure to also post any errorlogs you're getting.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 121