Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 267436 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #975 on: September 05, 2019, 10:42:16 pm »

Nothing much besides waiting for the Villains Update and faffing about with basic little ideas.

Though, I do have an idea for a mod where the world is basically the Underworld, yet the circus is basically the Underworld's Underworld in a sense... Think of it as the bottom layer of Hell. Also, all the races would be various types of demons, each scheming and skirmishing against each other, with some being led by demons older than them, AKA our unique demons in regular DF.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 06, 2019, 06:03:13 am »

Nothing much besides waiting for the Villains Update and faffing about with basic little ideas.

Though, I do have an idea for a mod where the world is basically the Underworld, yet the circus is basically the Underworld's Underworld in a sense... Think of it as the bottom layer of Hell. Also, all the races would be various types of demons, each scheming and skirmishing against each other, with some being led by demons older than them, AKA our unique demons in regular DF.

This is a pretty cool idea. You could have each cavern layer a different layer of hell

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 06, 2019, 07:59:46 am »

This is a pretty cool idea. You could have each cavern layer a different layer of hell.

That's what I was thinking.

Though, due to it being a fantasy game, I can change up the order of the circles of hell in a sense, since we don't quite have nine layers to work with.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 06, 2019, 08:24:59 am »

You could always use a custom world-gen to up the number of cavern-layers to seven. You wouldn't quite be able to tinker with all seven layers individually, but you'd get your nine-circled hellscape!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 06, 2019, 08:30:05 am »

You could always use a custom world-gen to up the number of cavern-layers to seven. You wouldn't quite be able to tinker with all seven layers individually, but you'd get your nine-circled hellscape!

Indeed I would get it, even though some layers may be replicated from the 3 kinds of layers, lol

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #980 on: September 06, 2019, 09:04:26 am »

Doesn't it cap at 3 layers though? Or is there some way to bypass it?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 06, 2019, 10:56:09 am »

Nah, 3 maximum, 1 minimum if you want the magma sea and hell to appear at all. The magma sea and hell count as layers 4 and 5 respectively.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 06, 2019, 10:58:03 am »

Nah, 3 maximum, 1 minimum if you want the magma sea and hell to appear at all. The magma sea and hell count as layers 4 and 5 respectively.

Hm, I see.

vettlingr

• Bay Watcher
  • Þjóðalfur
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 06, 2019, 01:35:37 pm »

I've been working on a geology and metal overhaul with a slight fantasy twist.

This is the Thorium forge, used to smelt Thorite and Thorianite into radioactive post steel grade metal.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 11, 2019, 12:15:23 pm »

I'm slowly working on SQman's animal suggestions for Primal, and nearly done with that.

*New animals are done, now to work on the unfinished raws Voliol made for the LOLmod. I might make a bit of stuff for my assorted creatures pack after I'm done with that.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:38:26 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 13, 2019, 12:24:10 pm »

Starting to make some new critters made entirely or partially of plant materials. First one is a "root serpent" that is basically a snake-like critter. Has venomous bite, its teeth are made of my thorn material which is pretty effective. and so is its tail slapping attack and just pushing opponents.

Thing is, these plant critters are all nearly invulnerable to unarmed combat against normal fleshy critters. They win 99% of unarmed fights, lethal blows are extremely rare. and I'm not sure whether or not I like that? I'll go with it for now, though. I have "blight" spells that can kill them and weapons arent that hard to come by.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 13, 2019, 12:28:36 pm »

I'm making megabeasts based on the 7 deadly sins. Currently working on the "beast of sloth" which is a massive, 2 headed, faceless humanoid which is incredibly slow but can turn people to stone.
pug

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 13, 2019, 01:30:15 pm »

I'm making megabeasts based on the 7 deadly sins. Currently working on the "beast of sloth" which is a massive, 2 headed, faceless humanoid which is incredibly slow but can turn people to stone.

sounds cool

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #988 on: September 14, 2019, 01:21:36 pm »

Yeah. Given this kill I should have made an ambulance instead.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 01:25:48 pm by ZM5 »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 15, 2019, 11:40:01 am »

Yeah. Given this kill I should have made an ambulance instead.

Is this a JoJo reference?

Wow, that is brutal. But, it's to be expected, considering DF.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 121