Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 267327 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #810 on: March 12, 2019, 12:07:30 pm »

Ah, i see.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 12, 2019, 04:08:50 pm »

Instead of making those reactions I started designating animals to civs. After a while I got bored and this is the result:

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:BOO_SQ]
[DESCRIPTION:A miniature version of a gigantic rodent used to power gnomish spelljammers.]
[NAME:miniature giant space hamster:miniature giant space hamsters:miniature giant space hamster]
[CASTE_NAME:miniature giant space hamster:miniature giant space hamsters:miniature giant space hamster]
[CREATURE_TILE:249][COLOR:7:0:0]
[CREATURE_CLASS:MAMMAL]
[PETVALUE:10]
[VERMIN_EATER][PENETRATEPOWER:2][FREQUENCY:50][VERMIN_HATEABLE][VERMIN_GROUNDER]
[GNAWER:gnawed]
[BENIGN][SMALL_REMAINS][NATURAL][PET]
[VISION_ARC:50:310]
[NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
[BIOME:NOT_FREEZING][SAVAGE]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:250:500]
[PREFSTRING:fierceness]
[PREFSTRING:going for the eyes]
        [PREFSTRING:righteous rage]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES_FQ_REG:5TOES_RQ_REG:MOUTH:RODENT_TEETH:RIBCAGE]
[BODYGLOSS:PAW]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NAIL:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:NAIL:FRONT]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_QUADRUPED_GAITS:6561:6115:5683:1755:7456:8567] 5 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:150]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:18:20]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK:SCRATCH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:NAIL]
[ATTACK_SKILL:GRASP_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:scratch:scratches]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[CREPUSCULAR][NOCTURNAL]
[HOMEOTHERM:10067]
[SWIMS_INNATE]
[MUNDANE]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:MOTTLED_WHITE_BROWN:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:ECRU:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PEACH:1:PINK:1:RAW_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]

Mostly a renamed hamster, obviously, but if you see a Rashemi berserker around here, don't tell him I said it. It's a legitimate D&D monster though, and I'm surprised nobody included it in their mod.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 13, 2019, 11:37:55 am »

Suddenly, I'm much more interested in making tiles.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 13, 2019, 12:55:47 pm »

Suddenly, I'm much more interested in making tiles.
I've been trying to learn for a while, since it's an area where I am lacking and want to not lack in. It's damn frustrating.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 13, 2019, 03:21:53 pm »

I just now realized in order for my mods to be usable on steam graphics thing I'd probably have to learn tile making as well... might not, depending on how well the game can handle a mix of graphics and ascii

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #815 on: March 13, 2019, 03:37:32 pm »

Yeah, I wouldn't be looking forward to having to have tiles for all the modding work I've done. From what I gather ASCII will still be an option so presumably it'll just do the old "symbols for creatures without defined tiles" when using the new graphics set rather than bugging out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 13, 2019, 04:28:36 pm »

Well shit, i dunno what im gonna do. Ive never made critter graphics before.

Gotta wonder just what "enhanced graphics support and audio" is going to mean.

Alright, so ive made the decision to give wizards familiars. The only way i know to easily assign a particular pet to a particular individual is through war training, but thats okay in this case; the familiar also has a set of combat powers of its own to defend its master. Theyre born dumb but get a self-only interaction which will grant them intelligence. That way they remain pets so you can war train and assign them.
And when they flee from combat, they get a transformation interaction into a bigger, meaner form of themselves.

Their main purpose, though, is eating the bad vermin. I just wanted to make them a vermin-gobbler of a "bad magic vermin" class which ill use. These bad magic vermin will partly or totally replace the gaseous rocks that are created in learning reactions that give harmful syndromes, much like im adding vermin forms of the magic essences that can bite and inject their essence. So biting "bad" essences also float around, and your familiar hunts them. Im just not sure how active the gobbler token will make them in this role, as they need to be pretty quick on their feet to make sure they catch these.

Presumably in the next version players can start their adventuring party with a familiar pet already chosen, and fortresses could import familiars their civ has tamed. But it begs the question in the first place, should familiars all be unique species, because i wanted to add familiar cats and such, and cats of course already exist. But at that point i have to modify vanilla creatures, which i wanted to save for only the special version of the mod, to preserve compatibility with other mods. But if theyre different species, they cant breed with what is supposedly their own species, which is something they should be able to do.

Ill probably just go with different species anyway
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 01:29:57 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 17, 2019, 11:33:26 am »

Just found out it's not CLEAR_GLASS, CRYSTAL_GLASS and GREEN_GLASS, but CLEAR_GLASS, GLASS_CRYSTAL, and GLASS_GREEN.

Why?

Edit:
After weeks of procrastinating, two entities finished! It's only downhill from now on until it becomes uphill again! And it will, and boy, am I not looking forward to making all those reactions for Hito weapons!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 01:06:41 pm by SQman »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #818 on: March 18, 2019, 09:57:58 am »

Nearly done with the cryptid/urban legend section of a new horror pack update. Only a few creatures left for this, thankfully.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 18, 2019, 11:03:20 am »

Trying to make a critter out of plant material, but it has a brittleness issue, which makes every attack fracture something, and even blunt attacks can send limbs flying off because of it. Need to figure out how to make the plant tissue less likely to separate, more likely to bruise, from blunt attacks, like skin and muscle does.

Ive also set up several new entity definitions for this critter, the wizard civ, and some aggressive thieving cave bandits. Will also make other bandit gangs later.
I make Spellcrafts!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #820 on: March 18, 2019, 11:47:19 am »

I have made a separate plant material for my main pack and cave/biome packs for that very reason - especially when I started noticing a giant-sized creature was getting its limbs punched off by a human. I'd recommend basing it off the regular skin template and adding some more MAX_EDGE and shear values to it so it can use its limbs for edged attacks.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 18, 2019, 12:01:44 pm »

I actually gave them metallic "porcelain" claws for edged attacks. I might very well go with just using a skin duplicate, thanks. im too lazy for this mess :P

I checked out a skin duplicate - the only difference property wise is the strain at yield line, which for wood is like 1000 and skin, muscle etc is 50000. And wood having a shear strength value of 40000 where skin/muscle is 10000, so i went with 40000 shear strength and set all the strain at yield lines to 50000. I broke down and made a whole new set of body detail plans for plant material critters to use now.

Komengs no longer burst like pinatas when you smack them. In fact, they now seem to be able to take on multiple humans in naked unarmed combat, even if the skill sets are stacked against them, and komengs are the same size as humans. It looks like the komengs just break a bone somewhere, causing the human to pass out. Humans seem to be doing a lot of superficial damage, but komeng fatalities almost all revolve around bleeding out (they have amber sap) after passing out from exhaustion, (so their hematite skull might be a bit of overkill), and komengs seem to not tire as quickly either (i didnt change their endurance value). So now theyre a little too tough. But i mean, they are made of wood and stone, so maybe that makes sense?

I made their ceramics new body parts and set them up to cover/surround appropriate body parts, but it doesnt seem to be working, like at all. Which is stupid, because ive done the same for other things before and it worked fine. Ill have to work it out tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 12:32:40 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Ptasznikt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 24, 2019, 06:55:50 am »

Dissapointed by the real-world metals and their possible applications in Dwarf Fortress with some problems of balance(sometimes more complex methods give lesser results), I have laid down the basics of the fantasy new metals and alloys by Urist Mendeleev, added multitude of possible reactions, made my eyes bleed with Greek dictionary and finally proceeded to raw editing. So far, I'm on the wonderful stage of generating worlds and writing down possible embarks. In the meantime, I'm getting through all the reactions, and I'm as happy as a child, when it all goes in the right way, even though it is rather simple editing.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 30, 2019, 07:29:16 am »

Today I learnt that changing ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER from JUSTIFIED_IF_EXTREME_REASON to ACCEPTABLE means I can now embark with animal people "products". All I wanted was to be able to butcher those cavern trolls.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 30, 2019, 10:55:36 am »

I just now realized in order for my mods to be usable on steam graphics thing I'd probably have to learn tile making as well... might not, depending on how well the game can handle a mix of graphics and ascii

I've had...some spriting experience with a different roguelike, so once we get a thorough look at the details and general style I might eventually be able to cook stuff up.

The real question is gonna be how easy it'd be for a mod to add its own tiles to a separate tileset. Dunno how clunky it is in DF currently, nor if a "mod_tileset" equivalent will be implemented for Steam Fortress.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 121