Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 267406 times)

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #720 on: December 25, 2018, 11:35:01 pm »

EDIT: Oh jeez I did not intend to have partial raws be a page starter.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 11:36:41 pm by Dunmeris »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 25, 2018, 11:35:45 pm »

EDIT: The reason those -ALLOWED_CLASS:NOBLE- things are there, or rather, that they have hyphens rather than brackets, is because I thought "hey maybe there's just too many class restricted positions and that's what's doing it" and tried removing some restrictions. It didn't work.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 11:39:37 pm by Dunmeris »

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 26, 2018, 08:29:16 pm »

... I copied the Sarvanians from the zip of the last version I uploaded, manually remade the changes, and now they work fine. I then used it to remake the nomadic variant, and they also work fine.

What the hell, did the .txt files get corrupted? How the hell does that even happen? I swear I'm being trolled by fate.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 08:32:10 pm by Dunmeris »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 27, 2018, 06:46:05 pm »

When Murphy's Law is in effect, apply Okham's razor; it's probably a typo or one little flag you missed somewhere the first time around.

So I've made a great library of reactions to allow one to cheat with maximum inefficiency. If you have at least one log or boulder to make a craftsdwarf's workshop, you can then cheat to make pretty much every necessary resource from adamantine to sheep wool cloth/thread. Its so easy a cavedorf could do it.

Reactions dont seem to produce plants real well, so it cannot create plump helmets right now, unfortunately.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 01, 2019, 07:35:53 am »

Almost finished my dragon rework mod:

Fire Dragon - Reworked vanilla with [FLIER][POWER]. All further dragons follow this theme.
Ice Dragon - Similar to fire but with icy, translucent skin and a freezing breath and aura.
Forest Dragon - A dragon with blight swilling and dripping from its mouth and claws. Nasty syndrome.
Earth Dragon - A dragon from the mountains that emits seismic roars and throws up chunks of rubble (why not :P)
Dead Dragon - A zombie dragon with the power to animate corpses and blood that resurrects and turns the living into thralls at touch.

All dragons (except Dead) have steel-strength dragonscale, bone, teeth and claws. Dragonscale and bone can be worked into armour and weapons respectively. The dragons also have swirling eyes and scales of their relevant type.

Now I just have to finish up the dragonkin, or drakken (haven't decided on the name yet) — a race of dragon humanoids that have descended from these above types, with similar variant castes and a bloodthirsty ethic. I'm also toying with the idea of a holy/heavenly dragon with the power to resurrect, the drakken of which could accompany sieges and resurrect those fallen.

EDIT: Oh, and there will be no dead drakken; for the undead dragon is certainly some aberration that only spawns in evil areas. Think one of the other types, but corrupted.
https://imgur.com/H05iNaF
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 07:51:46 am by Levity »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 03, 2019, 05:22:05 pm »

Decided to do a design change in the warhammer revival. The multi-caste abomination that was going to be the new warriors of Chaos is now "the lost and damned", while the warriors are a bit more classic in their form.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

that_eye

• Bay Watcher
  • admires eyeballs for their looks
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 03, 2019, 08:39:10 pm »

Decided to make a bunch of psionic powers to help myself learn. The first batch work! Inflict horror on your friends, cause someone to never feel happiness again, or bliss yourself into next week.

Levity, I might borrow your dragons. My own chromatic dragons cause the game to crash with no clues

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 04, 2019, 11:24:16 pm »

EDIT: Nevermind, I seem to have figured it out. Apparently Fortress Mode just doesn't like loading near lakes.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 02:49:06 pm by Dunmeris »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 06, 2019, 10:29:33 pm »

Now that I'm done with Primal, I'm doing a test by combining all my mods so I can find all the various duping problems between them. After that I'll probably add a couple more animals to Primal to get it to 500 creatures.

*The various tests and editing are done. Jawa Fortress, my creature pack, and the LOLmod are all updated and set for compatibility. I'll release the improvements to Primal after making the new animals for it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 12:32:46 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 12, 2019, 08:34:39 am »

Levity, I might borrow your dragons. My own chromatic dragons cause the game to crash with no clues

I'll be creating a thread where people can download my creations on a modular basis, and it's my plan to be finished with these dragons by the end of today! ^^

I have a ton of other things I want to mod in. I think next up it'll be the Rabbit of Caerbannog from Monty Python, as a megabeast xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:20:07 pm by Levity »

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 18, 2019, 03:19:48 pm »

So I've started creating my boozelings: which are squat, gleeful creatures that wield two large mugs instead of hands that perpetually brim with different kinds of alcohol. My first caste: the Whiskey Boozeling, I gave blood with inebriating qualities, and made the inebriation apply on contact. Then, I made the creatures continuously secrete boozeling whiskey from their skin... But I forgot to make them immune... Here is the horrifying result:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The boozeling almost immediately started to cry euphoric tears, just before the vomiting started. Then the dizziness got worse, moving on to full unconsciousness. It's worth noting that I made the boozeling tears also made of whiskey.

He is stuck in a state of severe, chronic drunkenness.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:22:31 pm by Levity »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 18, 2019, 03:59:41 pm »

Thats awesome. Though they probably shouldnt go catatonic, or they cant walk around being drunk.

I was messing with new and exciting night creatures. My yeti kidnapper isnt interesting enough to keep, but i like my sandman. His "spouse" ends up being a catatonic human child thats constantly losing consciousness and experiencing horrible nightmares, from which more sandmen appear. The sandman also uses something similar on the player. Since the sandmans fingernails and teeth are made of glass, passing out would prove fatal.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 04:20:45 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 18, 2019, 04:52:37 pm »

Oh wow that sounds horrifying! How do you make the extra creatures appear from his nightmares?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 18, 2019, 05:12:16 pm »

You dont, really, but its a spouse converter so the new sandman is actually born as per normal, its just lore fluff and a syndrome that keeps the female spouse, a small fleshy humanoid caste of the sandman, which is otherwise made of sand, falling in and out of consciousness. The sandman os supposed to be a supernatural entity not, not biological or even bound to normal physical laws, so "the terror of eternal nightmares" is supposed to be what creates the sandman.

Im pretty sure worldgen only allows adults to be kidnapped and converted, so technically the "child" was an adult when she was kidnapped, but whatever, close enough.

The other half of the fluff, then, could be that the sandmans influence over a person begins in their youth, and continues into adulthood, depending on their mental strength. Eventually they give in, and revert back to a youthful, childlike state mentally and physically, and remain as such forever.

Or do we think thats all too disturbing? I could also make the spouse a basic portal to hell or something.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 05:50:26 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 18, 2019, 06:40:57 pm »

Finished with my distribution of races in a DFhack folder, making little playstyles and such out of the main 4 races i might release them as a mod seperately for next version depending on how well post-44.12 goes, whether i can actually detail to figure out the changelog of what i did in entirety and finish up some loose ends and concepts i wanted to do regarding greater use of workshops & industries for the other playable races.

There's more i could elaborate and do regarding the playable elves for instance since you can hit end-game industry soonish, and a greater emphasis on trap parts in workshops i think would be good (gave my humans a sawmill that depends on embarking/smithing a serrated disc)

Now im just making a new 'bugfixed' vanilla DF version which is as hopefully full of vanilla friendly content as possible, notable additions being the re-introduction of the Arsenal Dwarf which according to the wiki, with a appearance alongside the sheriff works correctly but i have yet to try them due to how busy actually playing tends to be with werebeast attacks. Though trival, the Arsenal Dwarf in theory tied up with a manager position should keep my militia dwarves in check and ill look for other effects/enhancements/drawbacks to having them. Toady didn't do a good job removing them entirely if the old behaviour can be reactivated by breathing life into it.

Other typical things, assigning [ANIMAL] entity groups, tweaking what to use and also modifying [CAPTAIN] positions to remove animal recruits from passive conscription.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 06:44:55 pm by FantasticDorf »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 121