Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 121

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 267770 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #255 on: November 27, 2017, 04:23:29 am »

Awesome! They show up as migrants as well.

EDIT: Oh, hmm. This is annoying - this one doesn't have labours available, unlike the ones I took with me on embark.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:29:06 am by ZM5 »

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 27, 2017, 01:11:57 pm »

Currently wading (slowly) through the vanilla raws, adding additional descriptors to allow better targeting of the new pet tokens.

I guess the good news is, since this is the Zelda mod, I deleted many of the vanilla creatures so that the Zelda ones would show up more often :/
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 29, 2017, 09:21:09 am »

Just turning the common dog into a horrible abomination. Spits out silk webs, can be milked, sheared, working on having it lay eggs. Thinking of odd things to be milked out of the dog instead of just milk, like tallow, soap, beer, etc.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 29, 2017, 10:40:43 pm »

Gave my Dark Elves poisonous pets, always present. Now they're taking over the world with their armies of giant black mambas, bushmasters and platypuses. Gotta start harassing them in my latest fortress to test them out.

Also the various tribal animal-men have sites full of related animals (giant and otherwise). Scorpion-folk get all the poisonous animals for now. So that all works.

Working beast numbers seem pretty inflated compared to regular pets, but I think that's a vanilla thing for now judging by the horse and camel numbers in regular df sites.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #260 on: November 30, 2017, 03:48:26 pm »

Thinking of doing a Darkest Dungeon mod at some point. Could go well with my own cave revamp mod - also with a good/evil biome revamp that I'm still conceptualizing.

Cthulhu_Pakabol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 30, 2017, 04:08:40 pm »

Working on a whole gaggle of robotic creatures, some of which will be usable by one of the new civs in my mod. It's a bit tricky so far, but I think the result will be cool!

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 02, 2017, 05:33:23 am »

im getting back into my modding after my long absence, and am reworking ideas from my past mods. I'm doing my own cavern overhaul since that seems to be the cool kids thing to do RN. But mine has a far different personality to most. While most seem to either focus on either sadistic new beasts or making the caverns livable, or occasional themed caverns, im doing both of the first two. The top cavern layers will have a ton more good stuff in em, plants, animals, probably a couple deep stone types, but layers 2 and 3, while still having some of these, will also have more powerful beasts.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 07:28:30 pm by Kyubee »
My (long abandoned) mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 05, 2017, 04:48:20 pm »

I figured out why my new arctic civilization wasn't expanding!

See that tiny brown slice at the top here?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's my new civ.

So I gave them [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK].

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Turns out living on a glacier is a lot easier if you don't need to grow any crops.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

CasualScrub

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Computer Desk [CLT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 06, 2017, 12:54:15 am »

Right now, mostly creature edits.  I have ideas for new interactions to go along with them, but I don't know how feasible they'd be to make.

I did have an idea for a tameable slime blob that you can milk soap-like goo from.  Since there's no existing material like that, I guess I'll get to make one.  Will dwarves use the goo as-is, or will they need to press it into soap first?

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 06, 2017, 01:06:53 am »

If it's not soap, you'll need to turn it into soap before it can be used as soap. Probably.
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

CasualScrub

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Computer Desk [CLT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 06, 2017, 01:11:10 am »

You're probably right.  Checking the raws, everything that has [SOAP_LEVEL] also has a [REACTION_CLASS:SOAP] token.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #267 on: December 06, 2017, 09:13:03 am »

Just have a reaction that turns the soap goop to a BAR of that soap material, they will use it fine after that.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 06, 2017, 04:24:00 pm »

I released my first mod! \o/ I'm super excited to see how many bugs it develops.
Give your dwarves a pet
The check-laundry script

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #269 on: December 06, 2017, 04:42:52 pm »

Hmm, didn't think I'd be getting done this quickly with the DDU mod - I only have the megas, remaining 3 invader races, and creatures from 2 zones left to do.

Swinefolk get obliterated in worldgen though, not entirely sure why, since AFAIK worldgen doesn't take into account available weapons and armor, which they have very little variants for. Hopefully its just a one-off occurence, and once they get more allies in the form of Cultists, Witches and Pelagics it'll stabilize a bit more.

Not sure how I'm gonna do the Heart of Darkness, admittedly. Or balance its "Come Unto Your Maker" attack.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 121