Continue!
- 0 (0%)
Format Change!
- 6 (54.5%)
Apoptosis!
- 5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33

Author Topic: Fate/STAR★LIGHT OOC (3?/5)  (Read 35832 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Fate/STAR★LIGHT OOC (0/5)
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 09:35:32 pm »

Do they also require both sides to know when the other is joking?

I honestly can't tell, since I don't know you that well. My point about consistency remains, though; you can't say "this doesn't apply because it's from GO" and then go "but this does because it's listed here in GO."

On the note of my being annoyed by rule breaking in some ways and not others, it's more just for consistency's sake. Plus, with Mad Enhancement in particular, you're forcing people to construct all Berserkers in largely the same way because A-rank ME has roleplaying implications. The rest is just fluff.

I do still think the cost systems are rather overcomplicated, and that's a big thing that's offputting for me. It's hard enough coming up with good, interesting Noble Phantasms, let alone trying to contort them to fit into a complex system that might just wind up making them unusable or useless.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 09:39:59 pm »

The Noble Phantasms might be something that particularly benefits from being constructed by the player and then put into mechanics rather than selected from a list of specific choices. I'm already planning such a thing with you, after all.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 10:05:51 pm »

Do they also require both sides to know when the other is joking?

I honestly can't tell, since I don't know you that well. My point about consistency remains, though; you can't say "this doesn't apply because it's from GO" and then go "but this does because it's listed here in GO."

On the note of my being annoyed by rule breaking in some ways and not others, it's more just for consistency's sake. Plus, with Mad Enhancement in particular, you're forcing people to construct all Berserkers in largely the same way because A-rank ME has roleplaying implications. The rest is just fluff.

I do still think the cost systems are rather overcomplicated, and that's a big thing that's offputting for me. It's hard enough coming up with good, interesting Noble Phantasms, let alone trying to contort them to fit into a complex system that might just wind up making them unusable or useless.

Everything I say is a joke. It's cost me three marriages and countless jobs, but momma didn't raise no quitter.

In reality, its self contained. I'm not going to shoe horn it into canon and some concepts will work completely differently then they do in the real thing (just for one example already released, this Holy Grail war grants all the Masters skills equivalent to Magus). If I get something "wrong" and its not obviously intentional, "correcting" me by pointing out something in any canon source is fine (and I might change it, depending on a thousand different factors and the phase of the moon). The rules themselves were really written before F/Go came out, thus couldn't possibly take the new concepts into account as written.

If someone wants to play a Berserker with a lesser enchantment, they are fine with bringing it up with me so we can do a workaround. The rules aren't gospel, and I have already changed a few of them myself.

The system is fairly over-complicated, but that is mainly an issue with character generation. Once the characters have been made, it is less a problem. You have me and whatever partner you have to help you get through it, along with as much time as you need. We were able to get through it fine last game. The last option on essentially everything is "make your own: costs probably this see GM", and as stated I have already been working to make some unique NPs. If you have a good idea that you can't shoehorn into one of the existing ideas, then talk to me and we can work something out.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 05:42:36 am »

To make it clear, I didn't right the rules (Elf did) and am taking less than zero credit for making them.
To be quite honest, I disowned this system a very long time ago precisely because it doesn't fit Fate at all. That would be the big reason why the original game this system was designed for died; all this bookkeeping for a setting that basically says 'fuck the rules' with literally almost every Servant didn't quite suit me.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:45:21 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 01:02:01 pm »

To make it clear, I didn't right the rules (Elf did) and am taking less than zero credit for making them.
To be quite honest, I disowned this system a very long time ago precisely because it doesn't fit Fate at all. That would be the big reason why the original game this system was designed for died; all this bookkeeping for a setting that basically says 'fuck the rules' with literally almost every Servant didn't quite suit me.

The game died before we even got to use the fun parts of the rules. Nobody even shot each other :0.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 06:04:48 pm »

Is this first come first served? I might be willing to play a member of a master servant pair assuming it isn't, by the way.

I'm...sorta interested in joining this. Only sorta, because I know nothing of the franchise and the mechanics are a little hard to fully grasp. I guess I'll lend my presence as a partner, for whoever just wants to play a master OR a servant, not one or the other. Any legitimate suggestions on character creation? Any themes or such I should abide by, to stay reasonably close to the franchise's details and limits?

Interested of course

Alright, so are any of you interested in teaming up? Oceansoul's post was fairly unclear on what he wants to be, and Twin's didn't specify.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 06:29:29 pm »

I thought Powder would have mentioned that I'm playing their Servant's Master in DMs. We talked on Discord.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 06:39:38 pm »

He didn't, thanks for confirming. That leaves us with 1 and 1/2 pair, if Ocean is still interested.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 06:48:53 pm »

I was busy -- doing chore quickly so I could then watch Dunkirk, which I did. Really good movie.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2017, 02:21:01 pm »

I was busy -- doing chore quickly so I could then watch Dunkirk, which I did. Really good movie.

It's not like we are in any particular hurrry. Still waiting for mor players.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2017, 02:26:33 pm »

i know you said you were gonna try to revive this but i didnt realise you meant you were gonna steal the entire system

does this mean i can copy-paste my old sheet
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 03:07:21 pm »

i know you said you were gonna try to revive this but i didnt realise you meant you were gonna steal the entire system

does this mean i can copy-paste my old sheet

Sure, but its supposed to be a secret so don't tell noone.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2017, 03:17:27 pm »

guys dont look in the old thread cause i'm gonna re-use my old sheet and i dont want anyone knowing what it was
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 02:04:27 pm »

Oceansoul is confirmed, so we have four players and enough for two teams. Another team would be nice, but we have enough to work with if nobody else shows up.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2017, 12:27:57 pm »

Still need sheets. Not like now, but eventually.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33