Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals  (Read 32308 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2017, 06:52:54 pm »

Mundane: The guards are now on par with the dragon guards

Magic: Aroubd the castle, Cisharni sense of direction and balance are confused.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 08, 2017, 07:58:23 pm »

Mundane: An underground room used for secretive meetings, strategic planning, and other sensitive matters that's not included on any blueprints. Its entrances can be hidden in places a potential spy wouldn't think to look. Cliched entrances, such as behind bookcases and underneath rugs, can lead to false halls filled with an assortment of traps, some of which would be effective against Cisharni like fire and explosives for example. The true halls leading to the room can be built long and straight to detect anyone at a distance and prevent them from hiding. The walls and floor can be made from a very resonant material can produce an echo when walked on or bumped against and small bells can be hung from the ceiling on wires. This will take away the element of surprise should the spy in question be capable of invisibility.

Magical: Create a network of well hidden glyphs throughout the palace and at some distance outside. These glyphs emit a sound at a pitch high above the possible hearing level of a Cisharni, high enough to be inaudible to the average human ear as well. The sound waves would bounce off people. This can be used to track whether anyone is moving throughout the palace, as well as their speed and location. This is particularly useful for tracking anyone who is moving into unauthorized areas or are trying to hide. The people being tracked can be seen using a special table inside a guard room using the palace's blueprints etched into the surface as a guide.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:41:21 pm by Sir Elventide »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 09, 2017, 03:37:22 pm »

Serena crept through the Roman rebel base. It had taken years of sorting out false trails and hints, but her ability to track down the enemies of Atlantis was unparrelled excluding perhaps Artemis.  A fact that the Inquisitor relied on, and the Rat Prince would soon learn.

The Rat Prince had become quite a thorn in the side of Atlantis, and one of the most wanted men in the empire. The raids by rebels had grown more calculated, and their forces harder to pin down and destroy. Atlantis had sent more and more resources into pacifying Rome, and both Apollo and the Inquisitor were focused on bringing this rebellion to heel. The Inquisitor had personally pulled her off her assignment in China to help track down the Rat Prince.

A pair of guards walked around the tent Serena was crouched by. In a flash she leapt at them, her daggers quickly carving a red furrow in each neck. She stood over the bodies, heartbeat raised perhaps by a beat as she awaited a response. Only the sound of distant conversation greeted her, but she felt something off. She tensed up, and prepared herself.

Ammon, the Rat Prince, stood watching in the shadows. She was quicker than he was, he observed, but perhaps he could deal with her in some other way. What does Ammon do?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 09, 2017, 07:25:09 pm »

THE GREAT SPIRIT

Amelia looked out over the crowd of wise women and shamen. They had labored long and hard for this moment, where they gathered together to bring forth one of the great spirits of the island. What they had left to decide was what spirit to call?
Spirit of Fire. Will aid in offensive purposes and anything involving fire.
Spirit of Earth. Will aid in defensive purposes and anything involving stone.
Spirit of Water. Will aid in both offense and defense. Also anything involving water.
Spirit of Harmony. Will aid in defensive purposes and encouraging peace and acceptance.
The Spirit of War. Will aid in offensive purposes, and in encouraging martial feelings.

THE CODEX

Zakoss woke in the middle of hte night. The Codex called to him. A dark cave in the mountains, filled with whispered promises of knowledge if only he would come find them. The location burned itself in your mind. What do you do?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2017, 09:59:19 am »

Ammon had expected this or something similar when he had first heard that the inquisitor was on his trail. The speed made him suspect the assassin was Cisharni. That or they were one of the best the empire had to offer. It seemed the rebellion was being taken seriously now. He telepathically contacted the other Sindari wondering if any of them could offer help and backup. Using his Santoris ability he kept track of her in his mind's eye as he slipped back into the shadows and away from the assassin.

Few of the soldiers knew who he was, he was just a crippled camp follower to them. A bitter child that had lost everything. But there were a few trusted men who knew who he was and to them, he delivered some orders.

The alarm was to be raised and the rebels were to scramble and block most routes out from the camp save a couple that would appear lightly guarded. She by his estimation could cut through a great many rebels and escape even with the alarm raised. So he decided to give her a way out. She would likely withdraw once the alarm was raised and if she didn't she'd have to fight surrounded by a rebel force as Octavian hopefuly teleports in Sindari to deal with her. No she was a professional, an alarm would compromise her mission and she would calmly pull out and wait for a better opportunity. But Ammon had her locked in his mind's eye now. He track her now and when she left he would follow. Perhaps she'd lead him to something interesting.

Rahx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2017, 11:54:04 am »

From the sudden awake to the following headache, occuring after for an 'engraved' location in his mind, Zakoss quickly moved to pin point a general area of the vision's location. As he guessed the location is believed to be outside of what charted territory he, and his followers, have charted. Though this more came down to how the forest was actually willing to listen to Kissiae.

That was not on his mind; his mind was on the fact that whatever made contact with him in the vision was sentient and was calling. He quickly assembled some supplies for the trip before falling back asleep.

During the following sunrise, Zakoss spoke to the people of the now port city he controls and explains he is going to make another expedition into the inland. He encourages people to follow instructions he had laid out for rebuilding and protecting what has been established.

With that out of the way, Zakoss seeks out Kissiae to have her come along after sharing the vision's details and a valid hypothesis as to why the forest does not always listen to her.

Whatever is calling must be discovered.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2017, 03:30:03 pm »

From the darkened yard of his small homestead, Eltirian looked into the sky, preparing to search down the pathways of the future, when a sense of cold urgency and danger came over the Sindari mind-link. Fumbling his way out of the mists of past and future he had been preparing, he searched through the link, trying to find who it was that was in trouble this time...
In trouble again, Act---wait a moment, no, Ammon? Gah, immortal yet still an old man. Acter is now Octavian's spirit guide, or whatever he called it...

Finally, there it was. Ammon, staring at a fast-moving girl as she killed a pair of guards. This...might be an issue.
He hadn't ever tested his abilities, this should be fun.
Reaching out to Ammon, he warned him about his plan:
If you get attacked, I'm going to zap her mind really suddenly. Kill her, or incapacitate her, and get out. Give orders for the camp to be moved, and let Octavian get you out of there. The Inquisitor can't be far behind this little runt, for her to be so fast implies great gifts from him.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2017, 04:12:05 pm »

Octavian had already heard what was going on.
He had already started teleporting.
But not to the campsite. That would be next.

Rather, he had made sure that Flak was willing to help out, and upon receiving confirmation, began teleporting to his location. Once they were together, he would teleport them to the rebel camp that Ammon was in, to help neutralize the Cisharni agent.

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2017, 05:50:08 pm »

NO,NO, NO, I WILL NOT LOSE ANOTHER BROTHER!

Octavian, I will help The King Of Rats with his spy problem

I prepere all of my equipment and await Octavian to take me to the situation and if things go to shit kill the spy

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2017, 07:21:20 pm »

THE CAT AND THE RAT

Serena felt her tracking sense intensify, then weaken. She shifted her stance, and saw a young man with a crutch quickly gracefully move away. She hesitated. Surely that couldn’t be the Rat Prince? A sigh escaped her lips. She would have to confirm her kill.

Serena loped after the man. He was good, she had to admit. If it wasn’t for her hunting senses, she might have lost him in the camp.

Turning around a corner, she saw the boy talking with a grizzled warrior, who raised a horn to his lips and blew. The clear call echoed over the camp, and Serena could hear shouting and the equipping of arms as men prepared for battle. This had gotten more messy. The warrior stepped between Serena and her target, who studied her with cold eyes. She felt mildly discomforted, but a fierce excitement overtook her as she readied for combat.

Octavian and Flak gather outside his tent, Flak wearing fine armor and sword. Where do they drop into the event?
   Ammon was able to sound the alarm, but is now cornered by the assassin. What does he do?
   Eltirian tries to gain a purchase in the agent’s mind, but the distance is too great and her defenses too strong for him to get much of a hold.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2017, 07:24:32 pm »

Right behind Serena. Well, maybe a yard or two back. Aim to capture if convenient, but if not, kill without regrets.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2017, 07:29:23 pm »

As I apper behind the spy I hear Octavian's thoughts to capture and if not possible to kill.
I get ready to pull my sword, and step in front of Octavian.

Spoiler: relevent stats bolded (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:38:00 pm by codybob1999 »
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2017, 07:47:15 pm »

THE CODEX
   It was a hard slog to the mountain that held the source of his dreams. No one lived nearby, though a village lay deserted at its base. Zakoss and his familiar had to climb. The cave was high, the winds bitter, and the snows deep. Finally after several days of travel, Zakoss stood outside the cave. Power emanated from deep within. It called out to him.
   A guttural cry came from the cave. Shambling out of the shadows came a beast, covered in white  fur and twisted with void energies that coursed throughout its body. 2 meters tall, it was a hulking brute on two legs. It stared at Zakoss with hatred and pain in its eyes. It cried out once again and charged.
   What does Zakoss do?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2017, 07:57:27 pm »

THE GREAT SPIRIT

Amelia looked out over the crowd of wise women and shamen. They had labored long and hard for this moment, where they gathered together to bring forth one of the great spirits of the island. What they had left to decide was what spirit to call?
Spirit of Fire. Will aid in offensive purposes and anything involving fire.
Spirit of Earth. Will aid in defensive purposes and anything involving stone.
Spirit of Water. Will aid in both offense and defense. Also anything involving water.
Spirit of Harmony. Will aid in defensive purposes and encouraging peace and acceptance.

The Spirit of War. Will aid in offensive purposes, and in encouraging martial feelings.
It was the start of a new decade; the first one since the fall of Rome...

Amelia was happy to piece together her memories of the honored rituals in contacting, and in revering the spirits. She had mentioned, indirectly, before now that she would be gone for a time--and another like her would return from across the seas to help even more, and even then the thoughts of the local situation was at the forefront.

There had to be peace, as any conflict now would add needless tension between her, the people, and the surrounding people of the island. They needed to unite.

Sometime later...at around a decade or so after the fall of Rome.
Ammon had expected this or something similar when he had first heard that the inquisitor was on his trail. The speed made him suspect the assassin was Cisharni. That or they were one of the best the empire had to offer. It seemed the rebellion was being taken seriously now. He telepathically contacted the other Sindari wondering if any of them could offer help and backup. Using his Santoris ability he kept track of her in his mind's eye as he slipped back into the shadows and away from the assassin.
I cannot help, but I will be making equipment to ensure any further situations like these will have us prepared.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:01:18 pm by Tiruin »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2017, 08:05:38 pm »

"Octavian" "Yes Rigel?" "I need transportation to Zakoss'a location." "Got it, hold for one second."
Rigel stood in the trees, waiting for Octavian. He was ready to help his brother, he had received a message from Zakoss, he needed help. A purple flash of light accompanied Octavian's arrival. "Hello Rigel, heard you needed transport." "Yes, a quick trip to, wherever Zakoss is, then you can go back to helping Ammon." "Yes, I need to get back to that, we'll be going now." A second flash, and they were gone. They reappeared on a snow covered peak, with a giant beast charging to the side of them, at Zakoss. Rigel let fly an arrow into the beasts leg, causing it to become unbalanced and tilt, missing Zakoss. "I'll be going now, enjoy your quest," said Octavian, followed by another flash. "Thought you needed some help Zakoss," said Rigel. Zakoss nodded, this beast would be a piece of work alone, but few things could stand up to two Sindari.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22