Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals  (Read 32275 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals
« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2018, 09:46:53 pm »

I'd suggest you make the soul gem able to be detonated as need be. This is a very good deal. If he is telling the truth, we lose one soul gem, and they lose one Cisharni. We come out on top.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 16, 2018, 10:07:58 pm »

Spoiler:  Wavebringer (click to show/hide)

The man in the gold armour was likely Apollo. If he could be killed or injured that would probably deal quite a blow to Atlantian moral. They might even break altogether.

Wavebringer will strike the rider with a 7 gem lightning bolt, then use another 7 gems for a barrage of lesser bolts aimed at Atlantian officers and other sources of order in the enemy ranks.

Notable skills:
Counter magic 2
Counter counter magic 4
Lightning magic 13

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2018, 09:25:33 am »

Why do I always forget that you are the most likely out of us to stab a person you are hugging in the back?
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2018, 06:43:49 pm »

It is because you do not see me often. Now, I have to get back to my own conflict.

Rigel steeled his gaze, he knew what he had to do, and what would happen if he could not. He released his force arrow, letting it fly into his lady's hand, passing through it and then hitting her arm, shattering the bone. Nothing fatal, but enough to take her out of the fight. "I'm sorry milady, but you would have done the same" he whispered under his breath, and then transformed himself into a cloud of smoke, and flew off.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 19, 2018, 07:59:47 pm »

2nd battle for Dragon’s Tooth

The Hunter waited for a moment before speaking again.
“This is not a request. Give me the soul gem. “

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
B

Artemis growled as the bow was flung from her hand. Her vambrace glowed as it absorbed some of the energy of Orion’s attack.
He attacked her. The Orion she knew was truly lost.

She leapt forward as Orion’s body turned into smoke. Her dagger, forged by Gromfin and personally enchanted, blazed through his smoke form, turning smoke into blood. Her enhanced eyes spotted weak points and slashed furiously away. 

Unable to sustain smoke form any longer, Rigel collapsed. His blood flowed across the ground. Artemis was there, her dagger pressed against his throat. His mask has fallen off as he stared into her eyes. There is no mercy there. Does he say anything before the end?

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Using every ounce of skill he honed through decades of training, Wavebringer poured wrath on the Atlantean army. Bolts of lightening crashed into captains and generals. An absolutely massive bolt of lightening slammed into the rider in gold. Dust was thrown up, and the results were concealed as the calvary charge stopped.

Apollo stood, his armor singed. That lightening bolt would have pierced his shield had his armor not immediately reinforced in in response to the attack. He would probably have to replace at least one of his soul gems. He eyed the source of the attack, and raised his hand and his will. From his belt of soul gems he drew upon 5 of them to power his counter attack. 
A beam of pure fire erupted and speared towards Wavebringer. He mustered his soul in countering the magic, but it was no match for the wiles of the Cisharni. Wavebringer was consumed by the fire, and drops to the ground, flesh horribly burned. Does he survive and risk capture, or does he pass on?

Waves of fire swept through the Allied ranks. Men scattered and fled as the fury of Apollo was unleashed. At the end of the day thousands of both sides lay dead on the battlefield, but only the army of Atlantis remained. With a large loss of leadership, they had to take time to regroup and reorganize.

Casualties:Allied 35,000, 1,500 braves (Out of 45,000 and 2,000)
Atlantean 12,000 (out of 40,000) large proportion of leadership post, levies have low morale.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 08:16:16 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 19, 2018, 09:43:15 pm »

I'm sorry Milady, but you know when I swear an oath, I will keep it. I have known these people as my family for far longer than I ever lived as your hunter. I simply wish that you know, that I knew you wouldn't die from that, you're tough milady, and... and... I think I might have... loved you. It seems silly now. You know, it seems only right you were the one to take me down. I always assumed it I would take one hunt too many, and it appears I was right. If you can do one thing for me, please, bury my body in the wild, It's where I belong, and... please, leave this fight. If you can take Apollo with you, do so, but please, let my death be the one to end it, don't kill any more of my family. I don't want any infighting in my pack.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 21, 2018, 09:11:18 pm »

Spoiler:  Wavebringer (click to show/hide)

Kaito lay on the burnt ground. He could feel the boundary between life and death, it would be so easy to cross over and leave this war behind. But he wasn't ready to leave his family, his wife and children, his brothers and sister.

His best chance would be to try and pass as one of the fallen. As he prepared to lie unmoving until the Atlantians left, his lips moved in a silent spell changing his armour and belongings to appear as those of a common soldier and making his wounds look even worse then they truly were, his face burned beyond recognition.

Having done all he could to prepare, the wait began. If they did find him he would do what he could to ensure they couldn't take him alive. He preyed it wouldn't come to that.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 25, 2018, 12:28:33 pm »

Wavebringer slowly got to his feet. After waiting a day, the armies had moved on. Night fell as he stumbled away, evading patrols that searched for any surviving enemies. He made his way back into friendly territory, and into safety.

Rigel’s mental link went blank after his words to Artemis, but it didn’t appear that he died. It seemed likely that the Sindari was captured.

The army of Atlantis came to Dragon’s Tooth. Torn banners and tired men could be spied upon from the walls of the fortress. Traps laid slowed their advance as engineers from Atlantis carefully checked ahead of them.

A man with a white banner rode to the front of the approaching army. He waved it above his head then waited. Prince Tal looks to Amelia and Masamune for advice on how to deal with the envoy. He believes he should meet with the envoy, but is wary of a trap.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 25, 2018, 12:36:15 pm »

Octavian and Acter both thoroughly approve of meeting the envoy. Meet them with caution, yes, but definitely meet them.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #249 on: May 26, 2018, 08:25:33 pm »

"Send a messenger with an offer. We shall meet in a neutral place between the two forces; one of us should bodyguard you, along with. . . ten of your most trusted men. The Cisharni should send an equivalent party. Should either side come in more force, the other should retreat immediately.

I fear a trap as you do, but if it is possible to end this without bloodshed, it should be done."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 27, 2018, 01:22:59 pm »

The messenger returns with the envoy’s agreement to the terms suggested by Masamune.

Who will accompany the group?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 27, 2018, 01:25:50 pm »

Octavian is willing to volunteer.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 29, 2018, 09:05:04 am »

Prince Tal, with Octavian and 10 men, rode to meet the delegation of Atlantis. They met on a windswept hilltop an equal distance from both sides.

An armored man with a black cloak headed the delegation, though an Atlantean general also accompanied them. Octavian recognized the cloaked man as the Inquisitor.

Introductions between Prince Tal and General Emries were made. The Inquisitor simply stared at Octavian.
The General offered his terms. The Dragon Emperor would offer massive tribute and hostages in exchange for peace and assistance with the plague sweeping through the country. He paused and gave a final point. Exile of the Sindari from their lands.

Prince Tal turned to Octavian and quietly asks for his thoughts

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2018, 11:48:03 pm »

[quietly] "Tal, I believe you can see what I can see here. They're trying to split us up and weaken China, so they can take the country at their leisure later on. They're starting at their extreme, so if we want to negotiate effectively, we'll have to start at ours. Tell them the border stays where it is, that the Sindari stay, and that you're not paying them any reparations or giving them any hostages. If they try to contest anything, I have proof that it was the Cisharni that started the plague that I can bring out, among other things. We're probably going to have to give up some things in the end, but we're going to make them give up just as much of what they wanted in turn, if not more.
The war rages as hard at a peace delegation as on a battlefield, Prince."

Notable stats: 16 Presence, 12 Perception, 13 Diplomacy, 13 Trading (hey, we're trading concessions, it counts).
Notable details: Everything Tiruin brought up in this post.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 31, 2018, 10:50:48 am »

Prince Tal appeared slightly reassured of Octavian’s words. He returned with his counter offer rejecting all of their demands.

The general scoffed. “ We crushed your army in the field, and we will destroy all those who face us. We will keep what we d gestured off tohave conquered, and you will give us tribute for not destroying you now, and hostages to guarantee good behavior.”

The Inquisitor looked at Octavian and gestured off to the side. His blank eyes revealed nothing as he spoke so that with your enhanced perception only you could hear.

“We should discuss an arrangement of our own, Sindari. We have wasted enough energy fighting when together, we can rule this world. We can teach and mentor you as we bring this world into a golden age. We are stronger, there is no point to fruitlessly struggling against us.”
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22