Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals  (Read 32277 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals
« Reply #225 on: April 26, 2018, 10:02:34 pm »

While many of the other Sindari focus on this first threat, Turangol searches the future for hints of danger within China. He searches for the traces of the Pharaoh's plan....where it will take place...who will try to stop him...will they succeed...can this be prevented?

He will spend the entirety of the first year doing so, unless something interrupts him or another Sindari needs his help.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 27, 2018, 10:34:54 am »

As these events and opportunities took place, the Atlantean army 40,000 strong marched to Dragon’s Tooth. They were laden with siege equipment and supplies. Sightings by scouts confirmed the presence of Apollo. They carry anti-teleportation blockers, so escape from the fortress via teleportation would be prevented unless they were brought down. (Do the Allied Forces set up their own teleportation blockers in the fortress?) The approaching army does have a thousand Spartans, a complement of mages, and roughly 10,000 Atlantean regulars. Additional Cisharni are unknown, but Rigel can confirm the Pharaoh is not present

The forces available are 6,000 in the fortress, 15,000 Japanese warriors, and 30,000 Chinese.  The fortress has been moderately fortified (still needs to be decided how). Characters will need to decide between combating disease, attacking the other army, or assisting the fortress. If assisting the fortress, if your character stays know that it is extremely dangerous.

Turangol meditates on the future, but the war has cast dark shadows over every path. He sees everyone dead, a god cast down, a golden future, so many possibilities passing by in an instant. So much hangs on the siege, perhaps the clouds will clear enough for him to see once it takes place.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 27, 2018, 11:16:34 am »

Amelia and her Nu-Sindari worked on reinforcing the fortress of Dragon’s Tooth, preparing it for the assault to come. What improvements were made over the course of the year? (Greater capacity, reinforced walls, traps, something else?)
((I was waiting for responses but there were very few >_<))

Amelia knew that with the loss of the Spartan companies, the Cisharni would wise up. She reinforced the fortress with her prowess in magic--called the 'Builder' not just as a moniker--increasing the potency of traps, reinforcing the walls against magic via warding, and expanding the capacity with methods utilized from international acumen in the engineering arts. Through all these, however, her concern was the survivability of the common soldier; all those present were volunteers, and were vastly of a higher quality than the enemy, but the enemy had the Spartans, and the Cisharni...so her focus was distributed and focused more to magical warding.

Granted, many opportunities were in plain sight, she just had to refurbish them. Crenellations and fortifications became both tools for traps and for wards; she understood conventional methods of attack, and commonly a heavy withering strike would occur firsthand to soften the blow for a massed rush to breach. Hence, trapwork was the key--even magical traps, from adjusting the repositioning effects of hostile blinking (which did require attunement, or how a common man would say 'familiarity by proximity'), giving the defenders a literal 'home advantage' against the Spartans, and the ground under the presumed battlefield being sown with traps of various make, especially those simple enough to be passed over in both eye and in attention when the chaos of battle would come forth.

She knew the concept of retreat was alien to the people present; there would be none if it wasn't chosen. But retreat for the enemy proved worse, as it meant information for them to build upon. Thus, given the construction of the area, she arranged one last addition in what little time she had: A "Deadman's" Spell. There were those among her that stood by her, ready to die at great cost. This would be the trigger to signal their escape, and the switch to use the terrain as a final last obstacle and trap for the enemy (or either of them; she aimed to be practical with all 24 hours of the waking workday). It would be attuned to the Sindari present, and only to them.

A year seemed so quick in writing.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2018, 05:46:16 pm »

Spoiler:  Wavebringer (click to show/hide)

Wavebringer went to support the troops outside of Dragon's Tooth. He knew the fortress would likely fall, so he made sure he always had a path of retreat. But while he could he would defend against the enemy's magic and call down lightning on the Cisharni mages and Spartans.

Wavebringers soul gem budget:
5 gems reserved to cover his retreat.
Up to 30 gems for defensive and offensive magic.
Any remaining gems are to be stored where the other Sindari can get them if he dies.

Notable skills:
Counter magic 2
Counter counter magic 4
Lightning magic 13

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2018, 12:59:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rigel moved from Russia to China, staying in smoke form as he passed. As he found his way to the battle, he would momentarily stop at enemy encampments, always under cover of night, and he would do his best to ruin the enemy. His wolves had their fill of the enemy supplies, and ruined their equipment. Rigel released and sent off their pack and riding animals. Night guards would be found dead or wounded in the morning, and those alive, muttered about a monster made of darkness, who could kill with a thought, and appear out of thin air, as well as his wolves, five, terrifying jet black hounds that had the powers of their master. By the time he got part way to the battleground, he has picked up a new name. He was no longer The Hunter, he was The Grue.

Spend 1 year training fear magic, not to mention practical training from using it on soldiers.
Snuck from Russia to China, spend the time messing with Cisharni troops, once I get to the battle, he starts fighting, carefully avoiding Cisharni.

Notable skills:
Give me a moment, if I'm not done by the time this is updated, just check out my character sheet, but remember that smoke form gives a x2 to combat, is a lot faster now, and can use magic attacks, Rigel now wears a jet black cloak made of yeti fur that covers everything but his face, and a bone white mask with a scary wolf's face design, and the wolves are all jet black, with red eyes, in their prime, and bigger than normal wolves. Also, I can go in sand out of smoke form in a split second, and my force arrows are invisible and disappear after stopping movement for a couple seconds.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2018, 03:57:34 pm »

Turangol will move into China, far from the frontlines, and start searching the future of this war, looking for little moments that can help Sindari and Sindari forces in danger.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2018, 08:35:38 pm »

1. What is your general strategy? Do you work alone or lead? Do you fight for every inch of ground, or do you prefer ambushes?
2. Do you try to save Dragon’s Tooth? Or are you willing to give it up to preserve your forces?
3. Are you willing to die in this fight? You are immortal, after all, and there are many battles ahead that will need you. This determines how long you will stay in a battle before withdrawing
1. I will work with the existing forces, ensuring that all of their gear is as high of a quality as I can manage, and help with creating and reinforcing any fortifications that need it. Essentially, I will be trying to minimize our losses and maximize the cost of Cisharni forces pushing into our territory.
2. I'm willing to give it up should the battle turn hopeless.
3. No. Death would mean my artifacts falling into Cisharni hands.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 07, 2018, 03:04:42 pm »

The 2nd Battle of Dragon’s Tooth

Turangol scanned the future for the coming battle. It was chaotic, as fates twisted and tore as men will kill and die. Perhaps he could see enough to avert the death that lie in wait.

But a flash appeared. Prince Tal, meeting the Inquisitor. Betrayal echoed from that thread as former allies turned against the Sindari. Turangol is pulled out as he senses a disturbance.

A boat paddles to the island that Turangol meditated on. Turangol frowned, he had not seen the boat come today. A cowled man sat alone on the boat, two spears laying in front of him as he paddled ashore. Another scrutiny of the future revealed nothing.

The man came to the beach and strode up. His spears, made for throwing, were left in the boat. He raised his hands above his head, showing they were empty.

“Turangol, you should be more careful interacting with the future. By interacting and sharing what you learn, you change what happens. That change ripples out from you, making you easy to spot. “

“I have not come to harm you. The death of the Secondborn started this conflict. You posses the soul gem of his killer. As his brother, I demand that soul gem from you. Give it to me and I will not kill you for it. You are not responsible for his death, and I care not for this conflict. But the Secondborn was dear to me. “

What does Turangol do?

The allied army outside of Dragon’s Tooth was drawn off, given reports of a diveded enemy they could take advantage of. These reports were mistaken.
The main bulk of the allied forces crashed against a smaller Atlantean force. However, sizable detachments of Atlanteans were able to come in on the flanks. Gallant efforts by Amelia’s scouting core, Rigel, and the American warriors were able to delay them enough for the Allies to provide a response.

The Atlantean levies, conscripted from all over the empire, were being hard pressed by the hardened defenders of their homes and families. However, their core were elite Atlantean regulars, armed with fine weapons and blood enriched from intermingling with the Cisharni. Their only match were the elite soldiers that Masamune equipped with the best weapons and armor he could manage. But from the right flank emerges a host of calvary, headed by a man decked in golden armor, magic spilling from him in a faint imitation of the sun.

What do the Sindari do?

Allied Forces: 45,000 combined (-1000 casualties) + 2,000 braves
Atlantean: 40000 (-1500) levies have reduced morale from supply raids and night attacks

At Battle: Wavebringer, Rigel,

At Fortress: Masamune?, Amelia
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 09, 2018, 08:48:30 am »

Wherever Rigel went, death followed. Moving from engagement to engagement, arrows struck down leaders and champions, bringing discord to the ranks of Atlantis. His wolves followed close behind, jaws wet with blood.

In the chaos of battle it is hard to keep aware of ones surroundings. After bringing down a Spartan with an arrow through the throat, Rigel saw a woman, revealed by the fallen soldier. Her bow was drawn back, and an arrow flew harmlessly by Rigel’s head. Her eyes widened in shock, her mouth opening to form one word,

Orion.

A flood of half remembered memories and emotions washes over him. What does Rigel remember?

He recognizes the woman now, the Cisharni known as Artemis.  Time seems to slow as her face hardens and her hand reaches back toward her quiver. Rigel can make the shot. He knew he probably wouldn’t get a second.
A. Kill her.
B. Let her kill you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2018, 09:01:56 am »

What do the Sindari do?
At Fortress: Masamune?, Amelia
Other than the many things required to be done before, Amelia focused on one thing--survival for them, and those she and her Nu-Sindari could spare. Malaya was prepared to teleport at a moment's notice, being aided by one of her soulgems, while the scout-commander was given instructions alongside the most loyal of troops to cause diversions in aiding retreat. For herself, she did her best in keeping their side of magic well-supplied and reinforced, while keeping out hostile magic and possible teleportation or blinking from striking crucial positions (or weakening any retreat).

Through all these years, Amelia hoped her preparations in magic and her unique abilities would do effort. It was also of great importance to ensure that none of Masamune's works fell into enemy hands; she tried to prepare and ward them to his aid, in his time.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2018, 10:36:02 am »

Since you know who I am, who the dead ones are, and who you are, it seems only fair if you share who you are with me.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 16, 2018, 11:33:28 am »

The Cisharni nods, “ I am The Hunter.” He extends his hand.

“I will offer you this. Give me the soul gem of the Secondborn’s killer, and I will give you a chance at the Cisharni known as Red Dawn. He killed a Sindari, correct?”

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 16, 2018, 02:50:41 pm »

[Acter’s spirit chimes in across the mental link] Yes he did. It was painful.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 16, 2018, 09:19:33 pm »

[Acter’s spirit chimes in across the mental link] Yes he did. It was painful.
"Also he was a jerk. Just went in, called him Brother, then slapped a metric ton of force to everyone around, not caring for any actual communication. Although, best for you to ask why: All of us are watching from you--issue the assumption to him, too. Also ask what he'll do with it since there's open communication."
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:02:03 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22