Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals  (Read 32312 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2017, 06:16:35 am »

Ammon accepted the offer to be teleported to Italy and made his way to the Greek landing force. Stealthy he snuck into their camp and summoned rats to infest their supplies. He left dead, drowned, diseased rats in their water barrels. He quickly copied down the notes, letters and plans of the enemy before having them delivered to the rebel Romans via a proxy.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2017, 08:56:55 am »

Miles was honest with his daughter. Rome would be looking for strong leaders, so this was an opportunity for her husband to gain influence. But it was very likely that the Cisharni would retake Rome and he his family might be targets for reprisals. So if she wanted it could be arranged for Octavian to take them to a safe place.

He assisted Amelia with acquiring or at least examining a gemlock to learn its capabilities and basic operating principles

When Jerick had located the Greeks Miles used a soul gem to send bad weather to disrupt their activities and weaken their moral.(Do this from somewhere that can't easily be traced back to me)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 09:24:18 am by Sudurandom »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2017, 07:00:40 pm »

TURN 5: AA 40-90

Fabius Publionus took his 8th Legion, swollen with inspired recruits and marched to face the Greek force. He knew that their orders were to advance slowly and devastate the countryside on their march. The Greeks had about 15,000 men, and the Romans had 25,000 under their banners.

The Greeks, however, had the Spartans.

Those who have not seen them in battle may be forgiven in underestimating their capabilities. After all, there were only 500 of them, and a hundred of those were broken off into a special detachment. To where, the orders did not say. With a 10,000 man advantage, Publionus thought it best to defeat the enemy piecemeal before they could assemble all of Atlantis’s might.

Knowledge of their opponents actions led Publionus to lay a trap for the advancing army. 15,000 men lay blocking the path of the Greek advance, with 10,000 waiting in the wooded and hilly flanks. The Greek General, Kostantos, fell for the trap. The Roman warriors rushed from the surrounding hills into the flanks of the invading force. The fighting was fierce, but the Greeks were the ones attacked from all sides, and they soon began to break.

Except for the Spartans.

Sons of the goddess Hera, they were above mortal men as the gods themselves were above them. Seemingly immortal, a Spartans fate was to die on the battlefield. From a young age they are trained in spear, sword, and shield, and they hone their supernatural abilities to a fine degree. Their only equals were the Atlantean Royal Guard, and extremely competitive rivalry existed between the two groups. All who faced them on the field of battle feared them.

And that day the Romans learned why.

The Sindari learned from reports by survivors that when the Spartans were charged, they would counter charge and then blink into melee, causing massive shock. Armed and armored by the finest smiths in Greece, they were hardly harmed by the resistance of the Romans. Blinking from one soldier to the next, they carved a terrifying path of destruction.

And so the Romans center buckled, and then eventually broke. The flanks fought as hard as they could, but the Greeks were inspired by the line breaking, and so the flanks were forced to retreat.

Close to 15,000 men on both sides had fallen or were injured in the fighting. Publionus was brought in chains before the Greek General, a gift for Atlantis to parade before execution.

Rome had not even time to grieve the news of the loss suffered by its army when a group of a 100 men approached the gates of the city. Despite the gates being sealed, the entryway to the city was somehow made clear, and the 100 Spartans and the Inquisitor entered the city.

The enhanced Spartans were given free reign, and they exercised that brutally, killing all in their way. They showed no mercy, and exulted in the blood they spilt. The guards who opposed them were quickly cut down, the same of any man who slowed their progress.

When they arrived at the Senate, the Inquisitor emerged from his guard, and made all the senators bow before him. He then commanded that all those who rebelled against Atlantis to stab themselves in the heart. Nearly all of them did. The Inquisitor seemed a bit surprised by this, until he was informed that many loyalists were being held in a state prison, who confessed their loyalties after being examined by a wise woman.

He then ordered all the noble families who rebelled to be exterminated, and gave an order that the city itself was to be decimated. The streets soon ran red with blood, though some fortunate few were able to escape the city and flee to the countryside.

And so Rome burned.

Character Stuff in Rome

Octavian Grey arranged for some 50 people to escape, notables include 5 of Amelia’s engineering friends, 3 grandchildren of Wavebringer, a centurion who had seen one battle too many, and an senator/scholar who wanted to write a book. His trading of food and weapons brought him a small profit.
+1 gold

Amelia helped prepare the city for the invasion force, though in the end the defenses were not equipped to handle the Inquisitor. The escape tunnels that she had placed, however, allowed many to escape into the countryside, where rebels continue to harass loyalist and Atlantean forces. The gemlock rifle that she examined was a work of art, clearly handcrafted with a precise eye and hand. It used a soul gem to power a projectile, flying at several hundred meters per second. Amelia’s skill with enchantment allowed her to realize that there is a tracking spell built into the device, one that transfers to whoever uses it. She decided to leave it for the time being, stashing it in a safehouse that Ammon had provided. In addition to all that, (Amelia was a busy lady) she worked with some engineers and architects to plan out some new buildings, an updated sewer system, and potential expansions to the aqueducts. Several of her new friends decided to take her up on the offer to escape the city. Her persuasion abilities also came into play when identifying potential loyalists, and sending them to be locked inside a prison so they couldn’t interfere.

The storm and infected water of the Greek army devastated their morale, which showed in the battle with the Romans.
Without the presence of the Spartans, they would have crumpled before the legion.

Wavebringer stood in the defaced noble house that belonged to his daughter and her husband. Lightning flashed outside the windows and rain pounded on the roof. Julius was taken in front of the senate building and forced to declare his treason, and then executed. His daughter lay before him in a pool of blood, slain by a Spartan. His face was expressionless There were two Spartans that took Julius, Euranio and Agon.  He saw their faces, and he would not forget.

GENERAL CHARACTER STUFF

Flak: Add 30 devoted followers, gained from people joinging tribe

Zakoss: Gain 15 influence from your deeds.

Masamune: He found the future emperor of Japan after 5 years of searching. Walking down the road, he rounded a bend and saw her, a young woman with sword outstreched, family behind her and armed men ahead. Masamune’s lips tightened and he started to draw his sword, but the woman had already leapt into action, her sword a blur as she took out one bandit, then parrying a blow, she spun and cut the throat of another, sending blood spraying. She easily disarmed the last one, and let him run off with a boot in the back. She turned and looked at Masamune, and in her he saw what he had spent so long searching for.
Kyou: 5/6 Mostly Sindari. Lives 200-400 longer than average. Can be many times faster and stronger, along with more intelligence, than a average human. 

Eltirian: The dark maelstrom in the south called to Eltirian. It grew more ominus year after year as it slowly crept north. He probed at it, looking for the source of the storm, but the energy was far too intense for him to pierce the shroud without a more determined attempt. The 40 followers he had, worshippers of Sind through himself as his prophet, cared for and provided for him as he focused his work, and watched the storm in the south with ever more concerned eyes.

Amelia: Imbued follower: 6, almost Sindari. Surveying of the metals in the area reveals an abundance of iron ore and some silver. Around your base, Amelia began teaching her followers on how to better run their villages. The local chief listens to your ideas, and over the years trade blossoms and he becomes wealthy and powerful enough to become a threat to the surronding kings. He requests her assistance.
+180 followers, 1 chief.
35 Max influence

New players, if you weren’t mentioned don’t worry, your actions took place, it might just not have required a response from me.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 06:46:02 am by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2017, 09:28:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Added my decade skill point to Presence, for a current value of 6.

Are you absolutely certain about this?
Acter didn't look like a vague purple blur any more; he appeared as a life-sized purple sketch of a person. Octavian was the only one who could see him, though, and the only one he could interact with. However, it still gave him certain advantages when it came to combat training.

"Completely. It's not like you can hit me with normal attacks now, anyway. Hit me with your best shot."
Alright... you asked for it, though.

It hurt. It hurt so much.

Tell me when you're ready for a second go.

Even though Acter told him when it would start, it still took him by surprise. Sure, each individual hit didn't hurt much, but they came so quickly...
He got up.
"Again."
Alright.

It hurt. It kept hurting. And it kept hurting for a while. It was a few months before Octavian could get through the barrage with less than a hundred hits, a year before he made his way through the gauntlet without a mark.
Then Acter started randomizing his patterns. It would be another year before Octavian was able to make it through with less than ten hits.

Spoiler: Decade 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Decade 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Decade 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Decade 4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Decade 5 (click to show/hide)

So. Expected results... :D

Profit of 352 gold, 8 silver
23 dodging skill
18 martial arts skill
13 trading skill
10 "Acter's Manifestation" skill

Now at 1020 worshippers for the Sindari pantheon (just to clarify: yes, everyone is involved in this if they so desire). Breakdown:
7 tribal chieftains
7 tribal shamans
15 tribal warriors
13 horse trainers
10 horse maintainers
17 horsemen
5 cartographers
4 farmers
2 traders
940 other worshippers
Horses brought to the people of the North American Great Plains, and the trainers and riders are teaching the normal tribesmen what to do with them. C2, I need you to tell me how that'll work out.

EDIT: I just learned I have 6 additional worshipper points to work with. 3 of those went into Adjilia, so now 2 of those are going into Perception and the third into Presence, for an 8 in the former and a 12 in the latter.

Final character sheet:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:26:56 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2017, 09:55:43 am »

Spoiler: Gazing Forward (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Decade 1 (click to show/hide)
----------
Spoiler: Decade 2 (click to show/hide)

Waiting on the GM for a (Hopefully!) future-searching event so I can write up the rest of my turn.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 08:00:46 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2017, 12:46:22 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Decade 1 of 5
Actions
Spend one point on agility (x2 Santoris)
Spend one action recruiting 60 adept Spies and 60 adept forgers
Spend one action growing the network (recruit 600 general followers) (I gather many of those engaged and angered by Rome's fall and include them into the informant network)
Spend two actions gathering info on the Cisharni themselves (who they are, what they're like, what their abilities are)
Spend two actions gathering info on the close allies and children of the Cisharni
Spend two actions gathering info on the current troop deployments of Atlantis
Spend two actions gathering info on current resistance movements/rebellious elements/ dissident groups within the empire

The Spartans were an unpleasant surprise and an unpleasant reminder that he was failing in his duties. He knew better than to strike with incomplete intel and yet he had. He had let himself be caught up in the moment and in the opportunity. He had gotten carried away by the possibility of a swift victory. It was time to make amends and to start preparing for his next strike. He began recruiting people who had escaped the Atlantean retribution on Rome. He took solace in the fact that hate for Atlantis likely had been burnt into the Romans for generations to come yet still he blamed himself for the innocents murdered by the Spartans. With an expanded network he began hunting down any info he could get on the Cisharni. Devoting himself to ensuring there would be no more unpleasant surprises.

Expected results
60 adept Spies and 60 adept forgers
600 general followers
and lots of info
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 06:42:39 am by Jerick »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2017, 08:29:29 pm »

TANGLE OF POSSIBILITIES

Eltirian came to. His head ached, and he winced at the bright light surrounding him. He tried to remember, but his memory was fragmented. A whirlpool, a maelstrom of fire. A dragon rising, and then consumed by darkness. A huntress, a Cisharni, staring at Rigel quizzically.

The stars had called to him. All present, all knowing, their powers drew himself into them, inviting him to glimpse the power that they themselves possess.

Eltirian had dove along the currents of time, following the potentials and possibilities that flashed in front. But then. . . a trap, a whirlpool that sucked him in. And now. . . Eltirian was here.

It was blank, empty wherever he was. A featureless white void.

“I set these defense long ago, a trap for those who would use the future against us.”
Eltirian looked behind him, nothing. When he looked to the front, there now stood a man clothed in white, elaborate robes embroidered with gold, his face covered with a golden mask.

“You are clever, to have come so far, Sindari. Your mind is strong, but you can’t hide who you are from me. But perhaps we can work together, make a better future for this world. How does that sound, Eltirian?”

With every word he spoke Eltirian felt the wards he built around his mind begin to fracture, warp under the immense pressure. Perhaps he could make a deal, or maybe just try to escape back to his own body.

What do you do?
A.Attack the man with your mindbreaker abilities.
B. Try to find a flaw in the trap and escape.
C. Negotiate, try to come to terms. He seems like a reasonable guy.
D. Try something else.

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2017, 09:10:08 pm »

Gather my thoughts, gather my strength. Repair my mental defenses.

"Only the evil and the cowards hide their true selves when their hour is come.

Who are you? What do you desire of me? I am naught but an old man, Sindari or not."
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2017, 09:53:12 pm »

He chuckles, "Such fire in you! You have no need of my name, just know I am the Secondborn of the Cisharni. You should not sell yourself short, you are far more than that frail shell. We could be allies! Think of all I could teach you! Just tell me where the other Sindari are, and we can work it out from there."

Then a crack in appears in your mental defenses. What slips out?
A. Your location.
B. Where one of the other Sindari are (you aren't sure who).
C. The role the Sindari played in the fall of Rome.

Though when something slipped out, something came in as well.
A.Information on the Uncharted lands
B. The Pharaoh's scheme of darkness.
C. The location of a void relic, hidden away from the world.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2017, 07:32:40 am »

He felt the break in his concentration, and Eltirian knew he couldn't hide everything. So he did as he had trained himself to do, letting only the barest of surface thoughts be touched before he shored up the defenses and struck back.

In order to learn the future from the stars, one must know the stars. Know where they are, where they will be, and when they will be there. They must be at the forefront of the mind, and so those are what the Cisharni reached first.

As he noticed what he had found, the Cisharni realized that he could figure out Eltirian's location through the images of the sky, and he felt a fierce pleasure in realizing so. Allowing emotion into one's defense was a terrible mistake, one that the Cisharni would pay for.

As he ripped the secrets of a dark scheme, a Pharoah's scheme, from the Cisharni's mind, Eltirian realized that he might be able to win this after all...

"You seem eager to take that which you would bargain for. But let us bargain. What do you offer, and what is your name? Secondborn of the Cisharni is quite a title, but it seems clumsy for everyday use."

Search for a way to reverse this trap. How am I anchored here? Is the Cisharni the only one attacking my mind? Can I swap places with the Cisharni, forcing him to be confined by the trap and allowing me to leave freely?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:29:38 pm by Madman198237 »

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2017, 01:59:49 pm »

Spend six years leading Alzilu Altawi
spend three years training my successor
Spend one year reshaping my body
attribute point: Agility~10

Spend one year going to Amelia's mountain base.
spend nine years helping out at Amelia's mountain base
attribute point: Strength~10

Results
+6 leadership
My successor is a young warrior, he has a good head on his shoulders. He tries to not let anyone die unnecessarily.
My new body looks like an older male in his 60's, pale skin, graying hair, full beard, and fading blue eyes.
+13 construction
Spoiler: Will do the rest later (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:27:27 am by codybob1999 »
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2017, 05:49:45 pm »

It's year 20. Octavian has been helping to integrate a second tribe into the one he had previously converted, as well as introducing the Plains people to horses and horsemanship. By this point, the process was already pretty much running itself.

Then he felt Eltirian get pulled into a mental pitfall. And he could feel what stress was pulsing through his mind.

He started to teleport as soon as he realized what may be at stake.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2017, 06:30:43 pm »

Year 41-90

Spend 36 years training
Spend 3 years looking for nature spirits.
Spend a year getting a  nature spirit as a follower
Spend one year finding and taming a pack of wolves
Spend 9 years (one each) infusing the wolves with Sindari powers and shadow magic

By decades
1/ Int to 10
2/ Will to 3
3/ Will to 4
4/ Perception to 6
5/ Strength to 3

Expected results
+13 to Shadow magic
+13 to hand to hand
+13 to animal taming
+13 to magic sensing
+13 to animal Sindari power infusion
+7 to trapping
+9 Sindari wolves with shadow magic
+1 Follower

Fluff and stuff later.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 06:52:18 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2017, 09:17:35 pm »

Visions of a dark field, no life, nothing green stretching to the horizon. The Pharaoh, stretching his hand out, new temples erected, and masses of people gathered inside, never to emerge again. An artifact of immense power, a gem holding a vast multitude of souls.

The Cisharni chuckled, “You are strong, Eltirian. Not everyone could fight back against this trap for so long. But soon your mind will break, and I’ll have to shift through the pieces to get what I want. Surrender yourself to me, and I will spare your life.”

The mental assault intensified. A distant echo of Eltirian’s body flashed pain throughout his being. But as the Cisharni tightened the trap around him, Eltirian noticed a flaw, a weak point which he could expand and escape through. It was just a gap, a flash that appeared once every few seconds. It wasn’t much, but maybe, just maybe, he could break through it.  Maybe he could even reverse the trap on its maker.

A.Escape through the weak point.
B.Reverse the trap on the Secondborn.
C.Assault the Secondborn’s mind, perhaps you can get more information out of him.
D. Surrender.   

Octavian teleported just outside where Eltirian made his camp. Winds whipped around him, and the stars burned strangely in the sky, some intensely, and others shifting in color rapidly. Octavian gritted his teeth and ran to Eltirian’s hut, and shouldered open the door.

Eltirian lay thrashing on the floor, blood pouring from his eyes. Octavian felt a pain in his head as he neared proximity. He paused, there could be a danger from Eltirian himself in this state. What do you do?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2017, 09:28:32 pm »

I have legendary dodging skills by this point, and Eltirian isn't terribly strong, nor are his flailings aimed at me. However, probably thing #1 to prepare is to steel my mind against whatever may be going on here. Then, I will prepare to grab him if it seems like the immediate location in and of itself is going to become dangerous - especially if I feel like something is going to try to teleport in. I will only touch him through a blanket, though, and if such an event seems like it will take place, I will take out my reed Key, activate it, and set it on fire with a match, then evacuate the premises with Eltirian in tow. In addition, I will start setting other nearby things on fire, especially man-made things. Or, if I'm able to, use one of the soul gems and my own minor magical aptitude and just release a firebomb on the nearby area, pointing it away from Eltirian himself.
Try to send him some mental support? I don't know. Seems like it might help in some abstract and vague manner. Send some good vibes his way. Yeah, that sounds good.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:36:29 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22