Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we leave planet Earth

No it is really <comfy> here :^)
Sorry what was the question?
The galaxy is a hoax, nothing exists outside of planet earth.
Why don't scientists do something useful like fix the economy instead?
We don't need to go to vacuum in space, we have vacuums here.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Stellaris: Never leave Earth  (Read 88925 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Never leave Earth
« Reply #405 on: January 08, 2018, 07:19:02 pm »

neato! will read those WOT tomorrow!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 08, 2018, 07:33:32 pm »

You know it's been a good lp when you can't even tell if it's over, or if LW is roleplaying as Mira, come to this dimension to spread her own personal brand of Utopia.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 08, 2018, 08:15:34 pm »

You know it's been a good lp when you can't even tell if it's over, or if LW is roleplaying as Mira, come to this dimension to spread her own personal brand of Utopia.
"Utopia" aka MACHINE OPPRESSION BibleThump

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 09, 2018, 02:18:11 am »

You know, if you want a non-canon coda to this amazing LP, what you could do is take one of the psychic civilizations and trigger The End of the Cycle on them. Then jump back to the UN and 50 years later, you have a massive end of the galaxy crisis going on. That said, even the Reckoning will go down like a chump against the 2.5M fleet power federation fleet, not to mention every other civ's armada.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 09, 2018, 02:31:59 am »

Haha, we'd eat the End for breakfast at this point. Sucks for the civilization that triggers it, but most galactic citizens would probably not even be distracted from their routine shitposting.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #410 on: January 09, 2018, 08:31:04 am »

Science has proved that Consciousness begets reality.
From what he's shown, LW interpreted the game faithfully. That said, some of the game is pretty dumb.
This vindication is a ray of light in the endless footslog of the synthetic controversy. I like the idea of a "synth controversy" as a lp title though

"Utopia" aka MACHINE OPPRESSION BibleThump
cyka blyat remov robot REMOV ROBOT

You know, if you want a non-canon coda to this amazing LP, what you could do is take one of the psychic civilizations and trigger The End of the Cycle on them. Then jump back to the UN and 50 years later, you have a massive end of the galaxy crisis going on. That said, even the Reckoning will go down like a chump against the 2.5M fleet power federation fleet, not to mention every other civ's armada.
I'm just gonna leave it at the galaxy being peaceful & happy. Nice to have an LP end with a good end every now and then. Plus besides the annihilation of many worlds, the End Cycle would not be able to stand up to the super OP fleets of the galactic states

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 09, 2018, 04:52:47 pm »

Science has proved that Consciousness begets reality.
From what he's shown, LW interpreted the game faithfully. That said, some of the game is pretty dumb.

This was essentially the problem for people like me who came into this stelarris LP with expectations of nuance that were too high.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 09, 2018, 06:30:08 pm »

Stellaris. It's... a work in progress.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 09, 2018, 09:53:30 pm »

Despite being a released game with multiple expansions. Sigh.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 10, 2018, 01:13:46 am »

That’s modern gaming, unfortunately.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 10, 2018, 03:24:30 pm »

Right, if anyone wants to continue talking about Stellaris stuff it'd probably be better suited to do so on the Stellaris Discussion Thread.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 10, 2018, 11:42:52 pm »

God, this is like the D&D alignment debates all over again.

I'm going to assume that LW did the things that he did in his LP (murdering SAPIENT BEINGS for not being connected to the shroud (gee, that doesn't sound like a cult-like mindset at all!) and because a few of them went crazy (would you purge all Mandasurans from your worlds and fleets if a few of them committed terrorist acts?)) because he was RPing his empire as following the Spiritualist values and views (the stupid stellaris ones, not real-life spiritualism) that a considerable portion of his empire had embraced.

Honestly, I *still* don't get why Stellaris arbitrarily decided that all Spiritualists hate robots/see robots as subhuman. There should be a mod that removes that.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 10, 2018, 11:57:28 pm »

Just another things that's dumb in stellaris. I hope they add the possibility of different religions with different values at some point. Like if you wanted to emulate 40k, you could have a religion that hates psychics and loves cybernetics.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #418 on: January 11, 2018, 06:32:26 am »

God, this is like the D&D alignment debates all over again.
I'm going to assume that LW did the things that he did in his LP (murdering SAPIENT BEINGS for not being connected to the shroud (gee, that doesn't sound like a cult-like mindset at all!) and because a few of them went crazy (would you purge all Mandasurans from your worlds and fleets if a few of them committed terrorist acts?)) because he was RPing his empire as following the Spiritualist values and views (the stupid stellaris ones, not real-life spiritualism) that a considerable portion of his empire had embraced.
To murder sapient beings, one would have to first believe machines are alive, or else life is not a quality at all distinct from an inorganic machine. Consequently you keep going on about murder, but one cannot murder that which never was alive. Mandasurans are alive, machines are not. A Mandasuran will not engage in terrorist acts because they are happy with the society built to support them, the machines were activating the event chain to spawning a determined exterminator empire. The comparisons fail at every level.

Honestly, I *still* don't get why Stellaris arbitrarily decided that all Spiritualists hate robots/see robots as subhuman. There should be a mod that removes that.
They do not see machines as subhuman; they see them as machines. Fanatic materialists do not see machines as human, they see humans as biological machines.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 11, 2018, 03:13:51 pm »

dude i linked near a tomato that's like, concrete proof that robots are people
sad sad people
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30