Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36110 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #525 on: May 29, 2018, 12:15:56 pm »

C2 has already made it so that whenever MM future-sees, Cisharni find him.

There is only one thing we can do, before we leave, we have to destroy the temples that the Pharaoh could use.

Oh yeah! Tell the Cisharni to reel in their pet Egyptian before he ends the world! That's a thing we can do.
Ah, yes. I'll tell Quiz that the Pharaoh is planning on doing something with high hazard for reality's continued integrity.

Quiz.

Quiz?

Is that what we're calling the Inquisitor now?
We've been calling him that for a while. It was something we called an inquisitor character in a RTD Glass and I were in, so I used it for the Inquisitor and it stuck.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 29, 2018, 12:17:24 pm »

C2 has already made it so that whenever MM future-sees, Cisharni find him.

There is only one thing we can do, before we leave, we have to destroy the temples that the Pharaoh could use.

Oh yeah! Tell the Cisharni to reel in their pet Egyptian before he ends the world! That's a thing we can do.
Ah, yes. I'll tell Quiz that the Pharaoh is planning on doing something with high hazard for reality's continued integrity.

Quiz.

Quiz?

Is that what we're calling the Inquisitor now?
We've been calling him that for a while. It was something we called an inquisitor character in a RTD Glass and I were in, so I used it for the Inquisitor and it stuck.

I call a vote on calling him that to his face.

And also, is Inquisitor the only name he has or just a title and then he has a real name like Arnold or Charles or David Eborrenial
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:19:20 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 29, 2018, 12:18:04 pm »

No.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 29, 2018, 12:20:41 pm »

As much as I want to, and Rigel will if he has a chat with him as a prisoner, Glass shouldn't.

And yes C2, I'm serious, Rigel would call all the Cisharni by their nicknames.

"Orion, this is Red Dawn."
"Oh hey Communist Beetle Man."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 29, 2018, 12:22:02 pm »

As much as I want to, and Rigel will if he has a chat with him as a prisoner, Glass shouldn't.

Please God no :|
Communism hasn't even been invented yet.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 29, 2018, 12:25:48 pm »

What makes you think that would stop me?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 29, 2018, 12:26:52 pm »

It's an all-around horrible idea.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 29, 2018, 12:29:20 pm »

It's an all-around horrible idea.
Orion and Rigel are both snarky bastards who don't enjoy being someone's prisoner.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 29, 2018, 12:30:45 pm »

Look, we've moved too far off-topic.

Everyone, I need opinions and suggestions on what to do about the negotiations situation.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 29, 2018, 12:37:36 pm »

Wait. The vision shows Prince Tal shaking hands with the Inquisitor. How is that a betrayal? For all we know it's just a formality at the end of a negotiation, or it's further into the future than we thought and he only does it when his country is under desperate straits. Don't judge him too quickly.
Could you pull up the vision description, please? My memory is crap and all I'd remembered was everyone deciding it meant betrayal.

Turangol scanned the future for the coming battle. It was chaotic, as fates twisted and tore as men will kill and die. Perhaps he could see enough to avert the death that lie in wait.

But a flash appeared. Prince Tal, meeting the Inquisitor. Betrayal echoed from that thread as former allies turned against the Sindari.

Hm. Betrayal echoed "from that thread." Is that just Turangol jumping to conclusions, or the time continuum itself warning us that we are betrayed? Did Turangol see any secondary images from that thread that led him to believe this, or was it just a feeling? GM clarification would be helpful. Also "former allies" in the plural. Who else?

Cause if I were the GM, then making a false vision to turn you against your allies is TOTALLY a thing I would do. Future-seeing is too OP otherwise.

The future isn’t fixed, so you can’t be sure if it will or won’t happen.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 29, 2018, 12:38:36 pm »

Everyone, I need opinions and suggestions on what to do about the negotiations situation.

• Serve them tea and scones. Need to start this off on a good note, eh?
  • Does anyone have objections to telling them about the Apophis thing? Because if he doesn't cross the Godzilla Threshold, and is just some monster, they could totally just go "Yeah! You know about our plan to unleash a huge snake upon China! But now we know you know :D"
  • We could... take the fall for China and tell the Cisharni that we shoved them into it? They hate us anyway and their terms to China are quite severe.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 29, 2018, 12:41:44 pm »

Wait. The vision shows Prince Tal shaking hands with the Inquisitor. How is that a betrayal? For all we know it's just a formality at the end of a negotiation, or it's further into the future than we thought and he only does it when his country is under desperate straits. Don't judge him too quickly.
Could you pull up the vision description, please? My memory is crap and all I'd remembered was everyone deciding it meant betrayal.

Turangol scanned the future for the coming battle. It was chaotic, as fates twisted and tore as men will kill and die. Perhaps he could see enough to avert the death that lie in wait.

But a flash appeared. Prince Tal, meeting the Inquisitor. Betrayal echoed from that thread as former allies turned against the Sindari.

Hm. Betrayal echoed "from that thread." Is that just Turangol jumping to conclusions, or the time continuum itself warning us that we are betrayed? Did Turangol see any secondary images from that thread that led him to believe this, or was it just a feeling? GM clarification would be helpful. Also "former allies" in the plural. Who else?

Cause if I were the GM, then making a false vision to turn you against your allies is TOTALLY a thing I would do. Future-seeing is too OP otherwise.

The future isn’t fixed, so you can’t be sure if it will or won’t happen.
But what does it mean by "Betrayal echoed from that thread as former allies turned against the Sindari."? As Blue asked, is this an interpretation thing, or something that intrinsically came from the vision?

• Serve them tea and scones. Need to start this off on a good note, eh?
  • Does anyone have objections to telling them about the Apophis thing? Because if he doesn't cross the Godzilla Threshold, and is just some monster, they could totally just go "Yeah! You know about our plan to unleash a huge snake upon China! But now we know you know :D"
  • We could... take the fall for China and tell the Cisharni that we shoved them into it? They hate us anyway and their terms to China are quite severe.
  • Negotiations already started and the Cisharni made the first move, it's too late for tea and scones.
  • Let's get a list of all the things we know regarding the Pharaoh before making a decision on this.
  • This seems like a bad idea, and one that would end in the future-vision coming true. And remember, it was the Cisharni that were the aggressors in this war.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 29, 2018, 01:15:45 pm »

Things we know about the Pharaoh:

• Even the other Cisharni hate him.
  • He's summoning Apophis.
  • Smoke Mirrors reads Rick Riordan

What else...

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 29, 2018, 01:18:09 pm »

Regarding the future, it’s a bit of both. Down that permutation he did betray you, but that was before the battle and things could have changed. It’s not set in stone by any means.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 29, 2018, 01:21:01 pm »

Things we know about the Pharaoh:

• Even the other Cisharni hate him.
  • He's summoning Apophis.
  • Smoke Mirrors reads Rick Riordan

What else...

You sound like the last one is a surprise, this is the same dude who has written a several thousand word backstory that his dude can't remember
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41