Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36119 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #495 on: May 21, 2018, 01:04:21 pm »

C2, they picked up Rigel. He basically pays no attention to anything the others are doing unless it directly effects him. He doesn't know who their worshippers are, hell, he barely knows some of their names. By cutting him off from the group think, they aren't effecting him much. They'll learn more of Artemis's secrets from Orion than Rigel even knows about the Sindari.

I choose detainment, they'll only learn the best way to skin a yeti.

EDIT: Seriously though, I don't read the other's character sheets or actions. If I need something from them, I ask. Rigel reflects this, not probing, and checking if he needs to know. They got the single least helpful Sindari they possibly could.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 01:07:16 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 21, 2018, 07:51:37 pm »

C2, they picked up Rigel. He basically pays no attention to anything the others are doing unless it directly effects him. He doesn't know who their worshippers are, hell, he barely knows some of their names. By cutting him off from the group think, they aren't effecting him much. They'll learn more of Artemis's secrets from Orion than Rigel even knows about the Sindari.

I choose detainment, they'll only learn the best way to skin a yeti.

EDIT: Seriously though, I don't read the other's character sheets or actions. If I need something from them, I ask. Rigel reflects this, not probing, and checking if he needs to know. They got the single least helpful Sindari they possibly could.

It's rather cheaty to just start saying that Rigel didn't listen to anything anyone else was doing just as he gets captured, but his personality and your OOC adherence to this behavior does lend it some credence.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 25, 2018, 01:07:49 pm »

As for the envoy: Use a loudspeaker and negotiate from a safe distance away.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 25, 2018, 02:22:10 pm »

Just to clarify, the army and envoy are a good distance away due to not knowing where traps are. You guys might have to send a guide.
(Not to say you have to negotiate with the envoy or anything).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 02:24:03 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 25, 2018, 02:22:40 pm »

Or we could go out and meet them, so that they don't get to know where the traps are.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 25, 2018, 09:36:24 pm »

The 2nd Battle of Dragon’s Tooth

Turangol scanned the future for the coming battle. It was chaotic, as fates twisted and tore as men will kill and die. Perhaps he could see enough to avert the death that lie in wait.

But a flash appeared. Prince Tal, meeting the Inquisitor. Betrayal echoed from that thread as former allies turned against the Sindari. Turangol is pulled out as he senses a disturbance.

A boat paddles to the island that Turangol meditated on. Turangol frowned, he had not seen the boat come today. A cowled man sat alone on the boat, two spears laying in front of him as he paddled ashore. Another scrutiny of the future revealed nothing.

I thought I should point out this vision. It seems like it may be relevant.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 25, 2018, 09:42:38 pm »

Oh yeah.

Don’t let Tal go out for the meeting. Have someone else (or one of yourselves) go out instead.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 26, 2018, 08:38:27 pm »

Just to clarify, the army and envoy are a good distance away due to not knowing where traps are. You guys might have to send a guide.
(Not to say you have to negotiate with the envoy or anything).

We could "guide" them into traps
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 29, 2018, 09:15:40 am »

So, what are our terms? Do we ask about me?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 29, 2018, 10:01:15 am »

Do we even have something they want, besides our death?
So, what are our terms? Do we ask about me?

Terms? We really aren't in a position to bargain
As for you I say we act like we don't give a damn
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #505 on: May 29, 2018, 10:11:18 am »

Well, we can't exactly help with the plague unless we're allowed in.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 29, 2018, 10:16:39 am »

Well, we can't exactly help with the plague unless we're allowed in.

Ask to be let in just to help with the plague? Offer to help fix it and apologize for the madness coins problem?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 29, 2018, 10:23:30 am »

I need opinions:

To Tal: (quietly) “The Cisharni have proven that, at the present moment in time, they have the upper hand in fighting us. We have very little space to negotiate, unfortunately.”

To everyone: “I would like to request that we be allowed a corp of Sindari healers remain in the country to assist with the plagues. They will wear all white and have a red cross design added to their clothing, so as to distinguish them. Is this acceptable?”

And yes, Blue, I was thinking of that.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 29, 2018, 10:28:33 am »

I need opinions:

To Tal: (quietly) “The Cisharni have proven that, at the present moment in time, they have the upper hand in fighting us. We have very little space to negotiate, unfortunately.”

To everyone: “I would like to request that we be allowed a corp of Sindari healers remain in the country to assist with the plagues. They will wear all white and have a red cross design added to their clothing, so as to distinguish them. Is this acceptable?”

And yes, Blue, I was thinking of that.

That's actually a fairly good idea.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 29, 2018, 10:57:34 am »

The only question, do we ask about Rigel, or not?

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41