Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36116 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #480 on: May 19, 2018, 10:38:14 pm »

So, care to tell me some of the consequences to capture?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 20, 2018, 11:56:00 am »

Being captured would mean that you are unable to control your character during captivity until escape or rescue. Escape chances are determined by your attributes. Your character would most likely not be able to communicate by mental link. Information revealed to your captors would be based on your characters willpower stat.

Chances of escape increase after 10 years. Thats basically the sum of it, though you may be rescued before then of course.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 20, 2018, 12:38:27 pm »

Being captured would mean that you are unable to control your character during captivity until escape or rescue. Escape chances are determined by your attributes. Your character would most likely not be able to communicate by mental link. Information revealed to your captors would be based on your characters willpower stat.

Chances of escape increase after 10 years. Thats basically the sum of it, though you may be rescued before then of course.

He should be able to make decisions as to how he tries to resist interrogation though, whether he comes up with lies or he tries to escape or volunteers some things willingly.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 20, 2018, 01:54:05 pm »

I feel like training magic in the cell should be allowed, but not using it, as we basically learn magic just by willing ourselves to know if. And I think I should still get the stat points, as that is basically the Sindari's version of aging. As well as getting roleplay opportunities, such as when I'm being interrogated, or talking to Cisharni or fellow prisoners. The other things I agree with, as I'm not going to be able to train archery or swordsmanship in a cell.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 21, 2018, 08:49:51 am »

I like those ideas, but if your captured by the Cisharni they can cut off your mental communication, so any roleplay or opportunities would be handled after your captivity, in flashback form. Interrogation would probably be mostly magical, maybe some physical torture as well.

Escape won’t be guaranteed either, but maybe you can control a nu-Sindari or something in the meantime?

Knowing possible risks and stuff, would you rather Rigel taken prisoner and interrogated, or killed by Artemis?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 21, 2018, 09:08:10 am »

...maybe you can control a nu-Sindari or something in the meantime?
He'd either have to use someone else's or a wolf.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 21, 2018, 10:47:20 am »

Just checking, I can train magic, or no?

If I can, then I choose to be captured and I'll figure out my temporary character later, if no, I'll need some more time to decide.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 21, 2018, 11:24:37 am »

I like those ideas, but if your captured by the Cisharni they can cut off your mental communication, so any roleplay or opportunities would be handled after your captivity, in flashback form. Interrogation would probably be mostly magical, maybe some physical torture as well.

Escape won’t be guaranteed either, but maybe you can control a nu-Sindari or something in the meantime?

Knowing possible risks and stuff, would you rather Rigel taken prisoner and interrogated, or killed by Artemis?

I mean, what's the bad side of him being interrogated? Getting captured will open up some interesting options for dialogue with Atlantis and Artemis plus, you know, not dying. And it's not as if we're keeping secrets, all they might find out is about our projects with developing Japan and America, and they might even grab the information about the Pharaoh and Apophis which might be a good thing.

If I can, then I choose to be captured and I'll figure out my temporary character later, if no, I'll need some more time to decide.

I'd guess it's hard to learn magic with the Cisharni watching your every move, Smoke.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 21, 2018, 11:31:53 am »

I'd guess it's hard to learn magic with the Cisharni watching your every move, Smoke.
I think his intention is meditation.
At best, it would probably happen at a much-reduced rate.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 21, 2018, 11:34:54 am »

I think his intention is meditation.
At best, it would probably happen at a much-reduced rate.
I think halfing it would be fair.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 21, 2018, 11:40:44 am »

Ehh it really just depends on how long you are there. You aren’t going to get the same amount of training in as if you weren’t being held captive, but eventually they are going to get all they want from you and leave you in a cell, where I could see you potentially training. I can’t give a firm number now though.

I mean, what's the bad side of him being interrogated? Getting captured will open up some interesting options for dialogue with Atlantis and Artemis plus, you know, not dying. And it's not as if we're keeping secrets, all they might find out is about our projects with developing Japan and America, and they might even grab the information about the Pharaoh and Apophis which might be a good thing.

Yeah, true. I guess worst case is that your immortal enemies learn the capabilities and locations of all the Sindari, confirmation that they grow stronger over time, the locations and defenses of all the bases made, and the spy networks set up through the Atlantean empire. :P

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 21, 2018, 11:43:02 am »

I don't think we have a spy network anymore.

Also: "locations of all Sindari"? How would they know my location when I don't necessarily know my location?
I'm everywhere!

EDIT: And besides, they'd also know that there's a number of us who would much rather just get the Cisharni to stop being oppressive and stuff than actually fight them.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 11:44:44 am by Glass »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 21, 2018, 11:50:59 am »

Yeah, true. I guess worst case is that your immortal enemies learn the capabilities and locations of all the Sindari, confirmation that they grow stronger over time, the locations and defenses of all the bases made, and the spy networks set up through the Atlantean empire. :P

They should already have a good guess at our abilities cause we're similar to them

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 21, 2018, 11:52:30 am »

I wonder who they'll decide is most dangerous.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 21, 2018, 12:49:39 pm »

You got Elventide in Greece who’s been building a network for decades. True, they would learn that some of you would rather negotiate than fight.

But...
What would you do if you learned that your enemy’s one expressed goal is to bring your rule to an end, and that while you are currently stronger than them, they gradually become stronger over time while you. . . don’t? You also have the ability to teleport and know all their bases, worshippers, and strengths and weaknesses.

Of course I’m not saying they will know that immediately, but I just want to make it clear that it is not necessarily better for everyone if someone is captured.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41