Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36140 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #435 on: May 09, 2018, 10:26:05 am »

I'm not doing anything until I get a full council including Glass.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 09, 2018, 11:42:45 am »

So, Rigel's fast. Fast enough to make the shot that would *Certainly* (or so it appears) kill her.
Is he ALSO fast enough to shoot the bow in her hands?

Also, how long does it take you to go incorporeal?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 09, 2018, 11:44:08 am »

By my count, milliseconds, and C2 never disputed, I also mentioned that upon seeing Artemis, Rigel would likely turn into smoke.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 09, 2018, 11:53:26 am »

Smoke out is my vote.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 09, 2018, 01:14:31 pm »

Based on my reply way back on smoke form in the discord, it takes about a second to fully change. While mundane weapons don’t cause damage, magic and enchanted items will.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 09, 2018, 01:26:12 pm »

Ok, if I have the time to do a kill shot, do I have the time to disarm her?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 09, 2018, 01:26:42 pm »

Shoot her in someplace vital but technically non-lethal and coldly go "it'll heal" before shifting into smoke.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 09, 2018, 01:33:13 pm »

If I can't disarm her, I might aim for the kidneys.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 09, 2018, 01:40:05 pm »

If I can't disarm her, I might aim for the kidneys.

Or disarm her. Literally.

The point is that it's quite unrealistic that there's no middle ground between killing or standing around doing nothing to avert your fate, which actually makes me think the GM has a very good reason for railroading you into this decision. Maybe it's a test of character type thing where she won't actually shoot or something.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 09, 2018, 01:41:56 pm »

Well, you could take the Hobbit (movie) option.

Give her the chance to NOT shoot, but if she does just shoot the arrow down. I'm sure it will work just fine!
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 09, 2018, 02:09:37 pm »

SM, what is your archery skill?
C2, can we get a rough idea of where Artemis's archery skill might be?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 09, 2018, 02:21:56 pm »

I'm at 20, but I have some other skills I think should augment that, like hunting and force arrows.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 09, 2018, 02:39:24 pm »

Yes you can disarm her. You have the initiative. There isn’t a “right answer”. The only sure option is to take the shot. You don’t know for sure if she will kill Rigel or not, it’s a gamble if you show mercy. 

Also what does Rigel remember in that moment? Maybe nothing comes back until after you take the shot, or maybe it all comes back in that instant? What would he do based on that?

You don’t know her skill level, but you can assume it is high :P
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 09, 2018, 03:01:50 pm »

So, I think I can pull off shooting her bowstring and then going smoke, or I cold try for one of those "mortal to anyone who isn't immortal" shots.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 09, 2018, 07:13:26 pm »

Well, first questions:
What would Rigel do?
What would Orion do?
Which one is more appropriate to your character at the moment?

Also, if you go nonlethal, make sure the shot goes through the BOW ITSELF, not the string. Not unless you want to find out how fast an immortal can restring their bow.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41