Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36268 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2018, 03:29:25 pm »

Why yes, we are. Luckily, one of them is more lone-wolf (no puns intended DARNIT SM) hunter style, the other isn't, so far as I can tell, suited to massive acts of magic, like blowing down the entire first defensive layer.

We'll need Flak up on the wall, though. Hopefully Apollo will be somewhat patient with storming it. After all, he'd be the ONLY one up on the wall. You can't use ladders against actual fortresses, and what with Masamune and Co. providing defensive siege machines, we can bring down any siege towers before they get close.

So like I said, we should be able to hold it so long as they assault AFTER Flak has recovered. Flak + Masamune + disposable chaff ought to work...especially if Wavebringer's prepared the field.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2018, 03:55:55 pm »

Concerning Wolf babies and other kids. I added this to the 2nd post of OOC.

Grandchildren (And More)
Descendants of Nu-Sindari and other children or infused beings will have half of their Sindariness score, rounded up. So a 6/6 Nu-Sindari will have children an grandchildren at 3/6, a 3/6 will have 2/6 children and grandchildren, and so on. If children is between 2 Nu-Sindari, add +1.  This halving only occurs for the first generation (your grandkids). After that it stabilizes ( which also reduces bookkeeping). You don’t have to keep track of individual grandkids, though you can if you want. Children can reproduce after age 18, and can have one child a year if they aren’t doing something else.

Managing your household is up to you if you are interested, I won’t keep track of everyone’s descendants. Remember that most army immortal, so I may ask you to trim down your family tree of it becomes too large.

This also applies to animals infused with Sindariness. They may bear one child/litter a year, with the average number of pups. Also, only mammals may be infused (wargs can still bond with other creatures).

Since I don’t want people going back and causing a bunch of grandkids to spring into existence, we can’t go back and retroactively make wolf babies. But you can this turn if they aren’t doing anything else.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2018, 03:59:49 pm »

Ahh... ravens would be perfect. Also, so my 6/6's would have 3/6 kids? Could I infuse the kids to boost their score?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 04:02:17 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2018, 04:02:07 pm »

So like I said, we should be able to hold it so long as they assault AFTER Flak has recovered. Flak + Masamune + disposable chaff ought to work...especially if Wavebringer's prepared the field.

I either will have all stats capped at two or be undergoing rebirth when they attack, and I doubt that I can survive two more companies of spartans
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2018, 04:04:25 pm »

Ahh... ravens would be perfect. Also, so my 6/6's would have 3/6 kids?
4/6 kids, actually.

If children is between 2 Nu-Sindari, add +1.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2018, 04:24:51 pm »

Glass, send your teleporting Nu to pick me up and drop me off at the back of the invading army, they are only protecting their from lines, and I'm great for hit and run.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2018, 08:06:43 pm »

So, anyone have ideas for a cohesive strategy?

I suggest we attempt to scout out the enemy, for now. We need to find out what we're facing. Our troops are mostly made of recruits, by the way. That is, obviously, not good. We need to know what, exactly, the enemy army looks like. If we're outnumbered, and by how much. Also gives us some time to decide if there should be any Sindari inside that fortress when the besiegers reach it.

Speaking of which...SM, I suggest you go on a little scouting trip for us. You're the best one for the job. In fact, you're the only one for the job, because the killing machine is on bed rest, Murdoc is in a perpetual state of "too shiny", my character wouldn't know what agility what if it slapped him in the face with a rotting haddock, Tiruin is generally just as noncombatant as they come, Banelord might be going on indefinite hiatus because of his computer-access situation, Rahx doesn't have the skills required, and Glass can't teleport near the enemy.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2018, 08:22:19 pm »

Ok, clouds of smoke should be inconspicuous, I mean, fire should be common place in a siege.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 23, 2018, 08:22:51 pm »

No, we're scouting them out BEFORE they reach the fortress and begin the siege.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 23, 2018, 08:29:01 pm »

Speaking of which...SM, I suggest you go on a little scouting trip for us. You're the best one for the job. In fact, you're the only one for the job, because the killing machine is on bed rest, Murdoc is in a perpetual state of "too shiny", my character wouldn't know what agility what if it slapped him in the face with a rotting haddock, Tiruin is generally just as noncombatant as they come, Banelord might be going on indefinite hiatus because of his computer-access situation, Rahx doesn't have the skills required, and Glass can't teleport near the enemy.

Murdoc is in a perpetual state of "too shiny", my character wouldn't know what agility what if it slapped him in the face with a rotting haddock,

Two lines I never thought I would read
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:49:04 pm by codybob1999 »

The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 23, 2018, 08:29:55 pm »

You're welcome.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #296 on: April 24, 2018, 12:20:07 am »

I'll have you know my armor is quite subdued, thank you.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 24, 2018, 05:43:01 am »

Elventide, general followers are the ones that aren’t worshippers.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 24, 2018, 08:52:40 am »

Right, Elventide I love the action (cue evil GM laugh), but only worshippers count towards the worship bonus. It’s been awhile so don’t worry about it, just when you get the chance you should change it to not receive a worship bonus, or to recruiting worshippers.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 24, 2018, 10:17:00 am »

2. I say we have a threshold of men we’re willing to lose for the fort - for arguments purposes, I’ll currently say 33%. This is tentative.

Since we are dealing with peasants, that may be a bit low always expect at least 50% casualties if over 1/4 of a group hasn't been extensively trained

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41