Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36246 times)

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #255 on: April 22, 2018, 09:05:18 pm »

I was thinking. We could offer to let Serana return home. If she's being truthful it might earn us some good will and she could be a moderating influence among the Cisharni, and if she isn't she doesn't know too much of use except about the pocket dimension and that can't be teleported to anyway.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2018, 10:43:42 pm »

Next thing I infuse will be some ravens, because A. Ravens have a symbiotic relationship with wolves, B. Ravens can fly, and C. I think ravens are cool. Also maybe D. I might be able to get an infused Valravn.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 22, 2018, 10:43:52 pm »

Hey Smoke Mirrors, if you don't want your wolf, I'll take him.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 22, 2018, 11:02:30 pm »

Actually, I decided to keep the wolf as I get to decide the gender, and if I choose female, I get two breeding pairs of 6/6 wolves. I want to keep her so I can make a wolf army. Also, as soon as the soul gem crisis is over, I'm going to work on a spell that lets me take on the shape of an animal, and lets my infused animals take on human shape.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:04:21 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 22, 2018, 11:06:25 pm »

Actually, I decided to keep the wolf as I get to decide the gender, and if I choose female, I get two breeding pairs of 6/6 wolves. I want to keep her so I can make a wolf army. Also, as soon as the soul gem crisis is over, I'm going to work on a spell that lets me take on the shape of an animal, and lets my infused animals take on human shape.

You'll do that, SM. Meanwhile, a new spell needs testing...

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 23, 2018, 10:26:52 am »

Okay, I read the IC so I feel entitled to ask: When the hell did you get a wolf?

Can I have one?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 23, 2018, 10:28:51 am »

SM imbues wolves rather like Tiruin has imbued some people. He's basically turning them into wolves with Sindari blood.

No, I don't know how the heck that works, but he gets demon wolves of shadows and death, so it's definitely useful. If you want a wolf, ask SM, he might still have spares, especially now that he has, what, two breeding pairs of 6/6s?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 23, 2018, 10:42:35 am »

I was the first to infuse, as it would be out of character for Rigel to have kids, but I wanted an equivalent. They are awesome entities of magic power, and yes, I have two breeding pairs, so I'm going to start breeding. Also, I'm in Russia, so it's not like I'm lacking in the wolf population.

EDIT: So, the most common wolf in Russia is the Eurasian wolf, a subspecies of the grey wolf. The average litter size for a grey wolf is 4-6 puppies, and the gestation period is 62-75 days. It takes 2 years for a female grey wolf to mature, and 3 for a male. Breeding season is January-March. I'm going to have a lot of wolves.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:33:46 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2018, 11:47:36 am »

So, about Dragon's Tooth. The GM is asking how many men we're willing to lose defending it. Which got me thinking - how about we do the exact opposite?

How about we leave it wide open with a token force at the gates, and a soul-gem powered arcane nuke sitting under it ticking away? Apollo and his Atlantian cronies step inside, and BOOM!
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2018, 11:49:47 am »

And have another soul gem making sure that it explodes for the right people. I like it.

That said, instead of a “token force”, let’s use stuff like scarecrows and basic clockwork to give the appearance of having soldiers there without actually having them.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 23, 2018, 11:52:49 am »

And have another soul gem making sure that it explodes for the right people. I like it.

That said, instead of a “token force”, let’s use stuff like scarecrows and basic clockwork to give the appearance of having soldiers there without actually having them.

The Cishnari will have better eyesight than that. We'll have to use real people.

And don't set a trigger or anything, because if we use a tripwire or something Apollo likely is smart enough to defuse it Apollo is brash, right? So he won't suspect a trap when he conquers the city. Either way, I think we should just set a timer then run like hell.

I was the first to infuse, as it would be out of character for Rigel to have kids, but I wanted an equivalent. They are awesome entities of magic power, and yes, I have two breeding pairs, so I'm going to start breeding. Also, I'm in Russia, so it's not like I'm lacking in the wolf population.

EDIT: So, the most common wolf in Russia is the Eurasian wolf, a subspecies of the grey wolf. The average litter size for a grey wolf is 4-6 puppies, and the gestation period is 62-75 days. It takes 2 years for a female grey wolf to mature, and 3 for a male. Breeds no season is January-March. I'm going to have a lot of wolves.

Demigod wolves. It will revolutionize the industry.

Hmm... Sindari+Wolves....

Swolves?
Windari?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 23, 2018, 11:55:59 am »

The Cishnari will have better eyesight than that. We'll have to use real people.

And don't set a trigger or anything, because if we use a tripwire or something Apollo likely is smart enough to defuse it Apollo is brash, right? So he won't suspect a trap when he conquers the city. Either way, I think we should just set a timer then run like hell.
Ok.

EDIT: So, the most common wolf in Russia is the Eurasian wolf, a subspecies of the grey wolf. The average litter size for a grey wolf is 4-6 puppies, and the gestation period is 62-75 days. It takes 2 years for a female grey wolf to mature, and 3 for a male. Breeds no season is January-March. I'm going to have a lot of wolves.

Demigod wolves. It will revolutionize the industry.

Hmm... Sindari+Wolves....

Swolves?
Windari?
Rigelettes.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 23, 2018, 12:15:17 pm »

Oh the horror.

Anyway, I pinged C2 in Discord asking about other fortresses.

Basically, if they HAVE to take Dragon's Tooth, we can break their army with it. Even if we lose the fort, we can EASILY make them pay 4 and 5 to 1 (soldiers-wise).

It's just how siege warfare works. Taking fortresses is hideously expensive. A properly-built fortress is nothing more than a labyrinth of chokepoints, arrow slits, drawbridges, machicolations (those things that allow you to drop rocks, boiling oil, and the occasional spear down on enemies taking shelter against your walls or underneath your gatehouse), and literal false floors. Yes, there was at least one castle where a room had a fake floor, and if the enemy reached it you dropped the floor out from under them and let them fall, weighted by their armor, into a nice pit.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 23, 2018, 12:15:49 pm »

Rigelettes.

Eww that sounds like a pop girl group name.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 23, 2018, 12:19:24 pm »

Oh the horror.

Anyway, I pinged C2 in Discord asking about other fortresses.

Basically, if they HAVE to take Dragon's Tooth, we can break their army with it. Even if we lose the fort, we can EASILY make them pay 4 and 5 to 1 (soldiers-wise).

It's just how siege warfare works. Taking fortresses is hideously expensive. A properly-built fortress is nothing more than a labyrinth of chokepoints, arrow slits, drawbridges, machicolations (those things that allow you to drop rocks, boiling oil, and the occasional spear down on enemies taking shelter against your walls or underneath your gatehouse), and literal false floors. Yes, there was at least one castle where a room had a fake floor, and if the enemy reached it you dropped the floor out from under them and let them fall, weighted by their armor, into a nice pit.
:D
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41