Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36189 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2018, 08:05:22 pm »

Apparently we'll have basically 1 year of prep time before the Pharaoh does his shit. And apparently he does it in China, not Egypt.

Any way for us to restrict his options of sites?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2018, 08:07:18 pm »

It occurs sometime in 112...so we can spend a year fortifying two of them. Depends on how prophecy works, really. If we can somehow make two of the three shrines NOT match the prophetic vision...
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2018, 08:08:02 pm »

C2, could we get a map of China with the three sites marked down?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2018, 08:08:31 pm »

Apparently we'll have basically 1 year of prep time before the Pharaoh does his shit. And apparently he does it in China, not Egypt.

Any way for us to restrict his options of sites?

Wait wait wait. Do we have any actual idea what a dark soul gem explosion would do?

Like, would it just create a big crater or would it eradicate sentient life or would it send our spirits to damnation or create a vortex to the Abyssal Plane or...?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2018, 08:10:06 pm »

Read the IC. All of it.

But no, this is going to unleash a creature of destruction almost as powerful as Sind and Cisharn, the two gods of this universe (that we know of).
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2018, 08:12:11 pm »

Normal soul gem explosion: really fucking powerful, will kill you dead and a lot of things around you dead.

This soul gem explosion: probably something like a bunch of nukes.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2018, 08:12:32 pm »

I don't think that was in the ic thread. I could be wrong but I think that was just mentioned in the discord.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2018, 08:13:44 pm »

It will release Apophis, the world ending, sun eating, Big bad of Egyptian mythology. Here he is on TV tropes
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2018, 08:14:13 pm »

Oh crap, all of the Apophis stuff was in Discord, right.

This SHOULDN'T be just an explosion. However if you want to know what 8 soul gems will do, READ THE IC. This is a substantially larger amount of power, plus the container is black, which pretty much guarantees that there's more power in there and that it's entirely evil, because of course it would be.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2018, 08:17:31 pm »

Well, it seems like you aren't really aiming for the warg ability, which is the ability to bond with any one animal. You could do a custom ability that specifically lets you control a flock of pigeons, but it won't let you switch to a different animal.

So to be clear, I could do "Warg, except stuck to a (variable-size) flock of pigeons." I can still see through their eyes and stuff?

In that case, I'd be fine with trading off the ability to switch animals, plus maybe a little fine control over their actions (I can still see through their eyes, but can only give them simplistic commands and can't channel magic through them) to get a WHOLE LOTTA PIGEONS.

We've already been almost anywhere that would be important to be to. Only exception is South America, I think, and based on what we know, it would be a bad idea to try to go there.

I'm thinking more surveillance, plus indoors and stuff. For example, can you teleport to Atlantis?

Post your ability summary, and then we can tweak it from there! Anti teleportation magic exists, so some places can't be teleported to, like Atlantis.

C2, could we get a map of China with the three sites marked down?
Uh, can I just say one is northern, a central one, and a southern one?  :)

Edit: There is no significant difference between the 3.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:29:13 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2018, 08:17:48 pm »

Yes, you can.

EDIT: Are there any significant differences between the three?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2018, 08:18:33 pm »

For those who don't want to read the link, here's a summary and some meaningful excerpts.

DANGER! AVOID! EVIL SNAKE MONSTER! UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU ENGAGE! HE WILL EAT THE WHOLE GOD DAMN WORLD!

"The day Apophis ascended to the Pantheon was met with a solar eclipse. The gods looking up to explain the sudden darkness were horrified to see the great god Ra being devoured by a snake several miles long. Luckily the other ascended Egyptain gods came to fight Apophis and managed to cut Ra free from inside his stomach. Apophis then retreated to the house of Reptiles to recover and plan for his next battle with Ra."

"Apophis desires nothing more than to destroy everything, starting with the Sun, and bring darkness to the world"

"Apophis was considered to be one of the only gods to be all-powerful in Egyptian Mythology"

If I seem terrified of the very prospect of Apophis, it's because I am. To put it simply, the GM has given us 2 years, not turns, years, to stop the object if most of my mythology based nightmares.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:41:29 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2018, 08:41:21 pm »

Wait, so does this Pharaoh have, like a death wish? Or does he plan to run really fast? Does the Idiot Button have a timer on it or something? If so, can we just teleport it to Atlantis the moment Mr. Pharaoh drops it?

Or does he think he can reason with Apophis? If so, can we maybe just note that devouring the CITY FULL OF DEMIGODS THAT RULES THE WORLD would serve chaos a lot better than ruining one measly Chinese city-state?
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2018, 08:42:58 pm »

He is in full "a god am I" mode, and not realizing this thing literally eats gods for breakfast.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2018, 08:48:34 pm »

He is in full "a god am I" mode, and not realizing this thing literally eats gods for breakfast.

Okay. Then can we just evacuate the cities, let the idiot get himself eaten, then point Apophis in the general direction of Atlantis and hope?

Or can we notify the Cishnari and tell them to fix the problem or get eaten? Mutual assured destruction is fun when you own nothing and they own everything.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41