Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36148 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #420 on: May 07, 2018, 10:06:52 pm »

When did we figure this out, Glass? How big was their radius?

Have we even seen the size of the magical system they use to block teleportation? Also, if (as I suspect), it's just the size of one soul gem, could we perhaps utilize a pair (or so) of soul gems to allow teleportation to be forced through the block?

Anyway, I was apparently terrible at tracking inventory, what were those gems capable of, again?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 07, 2018, 10:16:13 pm »

So, I might try calling out Apollo, any suggestions for a speech? Also, C2, can I write some lore for Artemis and Apollo, they are part of my backstory, so it seems like it would fit if I could make some backstory for them.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 07, 2018, 10:20:55 pm »

@ Madman the gems turn the user into a wind that rushes out of the area. The post showing Glass use it is at the top of page 13 (with the default 15 posts per page)

@SM I think C2 said we still arn't at the level where we can take on the Cisharni one on one. so you might not want to challenge one just yet.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 08, 2018, 07:47:32 am »

Madman: The Cisharni found you due to your last “seeing the future” action, where you made a pretty big ripple by seeing the Pharaoh. Also, yes it is a very potent action so there are most definitely risks to using it. And I wouldn’t say that you haven’t learned anything this time . . .

Teleport blockers vary in size. The ones carried on poles by armies can block a mile or so radius, while personal ones may be a tenth as strong. One is unable to teleport into an area blocked, and unable to teleport out. I’m leery about having blockers being penetrable from the outside, but perhaps from the inside. In any case, the Cisharni in front of Turangol does not have a teleport blocker activated.

Not sure if you have an escape gem, though some were used in front of the Inquisitor, so it’s possible counter measures were developed (though this Cisharni might not have them).

SM: Sorry, while your backstory may have inspired them, they are mine now :D
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 08, 2018, 07:50:49 am »

But they play into Rigel's backstory a lot, so as the backstories are intertwined, then I should get to control the moments where Rigel was there with them. Also, I should be able to sense the Pharaoh now.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:54:29 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 08, 2018, 07:52:47 am »

Wrenching control away from the GM is ill-advised unless you’re playing SPAMOVERLORD.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 08, 2018, 07:54:04 am »

I'm just saying Rigel has a lot of history with the twins. I should be able to write that.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 08, 2018, 08:48:59 am »

You know, SM, you have your OWN game to write ridiculous amounts of stuff for.

Anyway, C2, do these ripples FOLLOW me around as I move? I did, after all, move from Japan into China before even trying to search the future again.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 08, 2018, 08:55:36 am »

Wrenching control away from the GM is ill-advised unless you’re playing SPAMOVERLORD.

*cough*
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 08, 2018, 09:40:57 am »

SM: You can suggest moments that you had with them, but I’m not handing control of their backstories over. I don’t want “Apollo totally told Rigel his one true weakness, which he remembered just now!” They are also, most importantly, main antagonists with their own mysterious past.
The Pharaoh is east of you, you can follow that direction to get a more accurate reading.

Mad: The ripples don’t follow you, but there is an ability to track which someone keeps reminding me of :P
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 08, 2018, 09:44:57 am »

Nothing like that, I'm not a jackass, just some prior interactions such as how Artemis and Rigel met, and Rigel's first interaction with Apollo. A writer knows not to right deus ex machinas and Mary Sues.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 08, 2018, 10:48:16 am »

Nothing like that, I'm not a jackass, just some prior interactions such as how Artemis and Rigel met, and Rigel's first interaction with Apollo. A writer knows not to right deus ex machinas and Mary Sues.

How about you write Rigel's side of the story, and Chubby writes Artemis and Apollo's lines? Since he's the GM he technically has control over them right.

I might as well get some free advertising. He means this. I'd really like more players, but it's been going on for a while so it may be hard to understand.

And wrenching control away from the GM is a bad idea in that game too. I don't think you guys have actually succeeded in manipulating me into doing something. The last time you tried, you lost the Key of Taloc.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 09, 2018, 09:16:54 am »

I wear a mask C2.

So, what's everyone's opinion on the issue. Recall Apollo would kill me if I kill Artemis.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 09:20:26 am by Smoke Mirrors »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 09, 2018, 09:30:15 am »

I wear a mask C2.

So, what's everyone's opinion on the issue. Recall Apollo would kill me if I kill Artemis.
I'm feeling you should let her kill you--you won't die because you've got Masamune armor! But that'll take you out of the battle. It'll help if you do some non-lethal action at her, or at least invite some of us to intervene or act on you. Leaving her an idea sounds like a good one since we basically need all connections we have.

SM: Sorry, while your backstory may have inspired them, they are mine now :D
This enthusiasm is just :)) !

Even if it bears some tidings for us. This attitude is just ♥ to be exposed to.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 09, 2018, 10:23:08 am »

I wear a mask C2.

I actually had forgotten that, though perhaps there is a deeper connection that lead her to believe you are Orion. . .

Also to clarify, you can try to convince her, disarm her, or something else, but that is choosing B. Since her stats are above yours currently, not killing her when you have the chance is highly likely to result in death (though not certainly).
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 41