Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36200 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #240 on: April 22, 2018, 06:56:11 pm »

Rigel the hard-to-hit
...are we sure that Rigel is harder to hit than Octavian? Because while yes, Rigel has his smoke form, he only has 4 Agility and no dodging powers. I have 16 Agility and level 23 dodging powers.

Am I the ONLY one who did not realize abilities culd go past 13?
*shrug*
You need to specifically train them after you hit 13, though, and you only get them at a rate of 1 per year rather than 2.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 22, 2018, 06:57:55 pm »

You know, I probably should have trained my smoke form more. Archery is my only over 13. I have a bunch of skills at 13, but Archery is at 20.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 22, 2018, 06:58:16 pm »

Query: Is there a way to move a nexus?

or to destroy them in a way that won't do major harm to china's magical balance or whatever.

@madman I'm not sure brute if force is a great idea. The Cisharni can probably do it better then we can right now.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 22, 2018, 06:59:06 pm »

I am an expert at poisons...
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 22, 2018, 06:59:36 pm »

You know, I probably should have trained my smoke form more. Archery is my only over 13. I have a bunch of skills at 13, but Archery is at 20.
You only have "skill" in your smoke form from before C2 decided those things would be upgraded with worship.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 22, 2018, 07:01:12 pm »

Oh right... he still didn't give me something to make up for those years.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 22, 2018, 07:02:54 pm »

Everything but Soldering was trained
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 22, 2018, 07:05:03 pm »

So, any ideas what we should spend our two years doing? Also, I'm trying to see what my tracking of the Pharaoh has brought.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 07:07:18 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 22, 2018, 07:07:36 pm »

Well, we only have 1 before the Cisharni try to invade China again. Maybe less.
Maybe we try to stir up trouble in the Atlantean's pre-existing holdings in year 1 to try to make it so they can't commit to the war effort? Then what we have available of year 2 is spent trying to stop the black soul gem from fucking up everything.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 22, 2018, 07:10:22 pm »

Well, we need to see if the Pharaoh led a stealth expedition into China under cover of the battle. I would have.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2018, 07:15:11 pm »

I would have done my plan while the war was happening if I was the pharoh since most of the army would be occupied
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 22, 2018, 08:21:42 pm »

It may be worth noting that some authors will take a name and description from classical mythology but not actually follow the mythology's details. For example, we've already seen a Cishnari named Artemis that has a thing for bows, nature, and strong female characters, but she isn't the daughter of Zeus (do we get a Zeus Cishnari at all?) and probably isn't a virgin (Orion ;D)

So studying RL (well, RL mythology) Apophis will probably do squat against this universe's Apophis.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 22, 2018, 08:25:20 pm »

Oh hey look, Serana wants to be freed to live in the Americas and considers Octavian a friend. This sounds suspicious.

And she can totally cut off the mental communication and never endanger anyone or anything!

Yep, definitely a trap. However, I suspect an enchantment might be useable in this situation, or I guess I could attempt a polite thought-scanning exercise, like I am an underpaid lie-detector or something.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 22, 2018, 08:26:55 pm »

Thing about Greek mythology: Orion was, canonically, basically the only male human that Artemis ever liked, and was killed by Apollo because he was mad that his sister may ever choose to stop being a virgin (which, also, was a thing she was able to do; she was both given the vow of remaining a virgin, and the option to go against that vow at any time without repercussions [so she wouldn't feel restrained and try to break it just to rebel]).

And also, SM was the mythology consultant of C2 on Artemis, Apollo, and Apophis. Expect accuracy to even the most fanatical details.
(SM playing as Orion is why we have Artemis and Apollo in this game in the first place... he created them as part of his backstory.)
EDIT2: Just generally, trust that anything mythology-related that SM has a hand in will be accurate even to levels where to people with a casual understanding of mythology it might seem that something is wrong. Or, in other words: SM knows myth rules well enough to know what the exceptions to them are as well.

EDIT FOR MM: Agreed. And while I accept that "everyone thinks she's dead anyway" from her (she's been cut off from the network for ~20 years, what else would they think?), yes, we should definitely spend some time in the decade (after the events...) making sure she's legit.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:35:07 pm by Glass »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 22, 2018, 08:31:34 pm »

Orion never even realized he was in love with Artemis, so she is still a virgin. Also, all I'm getting from "we don't know it's Apophis" is "we have no idea what to plan for." It could be anything from an elaborate scheme to get all the Sindari in one place, to a plan to blot out the sun.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 08:53:03 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41