Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36183 times)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #210 on: April 19, 2018, 03:13:29 pm »

"Chubby2man - Today at 2:12 PM
I feel like it’s only fair to warn you guys that this is not dungeons and dragons. I haven’t prepared “level” appropriate encounters. You are (I think) about equal to Spartan champions ,attribute wise, right now. You can mop the floor with regular soldiers. Cisharni can and will mess you up if you aren’t careful. Remember, this war started when someone (inadvertently) killed a Cisharni. This enraged them and sent them on a wave of conquest to make the world safe, because they have the power to do that. I’m not going to hold back their punches just because something happened that triggered them early. So if you go after the Pharaoh with no plan better then rushing him with superior numbers, expect that to go poorly. That being said, he not invincible, (though it wouldn’t be far off). Odds are very good he will succeed at his plan (though I have thought of way to mitigate it, and I’m not going to be shooting down plans that could work). I just figure since it has been awhile I should remind everybody that the Cisharni are stronger than you right now and not every challenge can or should be faced head on. That will change one day, and you’ll flip the tables on them. Basically, I’m saying all this to prevent “Wait, how were we supposed to beat THAT?!” When the answer is probably, “You weren’t supposed to face that head on yet :P”"

Welp.

Shall we consider the Lethe option?

You mean causing oblivion?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 19, 2018, 03:15:50 pm »

No, the Lethe option is forgetting about China and either hoping that the Cisharni have forgotten about the Americas/location that they spotted Eltirian in, or attempt to make them forget...somehow.

Edit:

Though just blowing up the entire shrine before the Pharaoh manages to place the doom-gem is an option...maybe find where he plans to place it and rig that particular place to explode right before the gem is placed? There are dozens of different ways to handle this, but it all comes down to cooperating (or...overpowering...) with the guardians of the shrine and probably desecrating said shrine in the name of not unleashing a literal explosion of darkness.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:18:07 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 19, 2018, 03:18:08 pm »

Okay.

Let's think. He wants to summon Apophis, and he's carrying the soul stone to a magical Nexus to do it. If he can just detonate it any old place, he wouldn't bother invading a temple. Perhaps the Nexus is required for the process somehow? Can we just destroy it?

Edit: Great minds think alike. Ninja'd.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 19, 2018, 03:26:28 pm »

What about the first Lethe option? Get everyone working on a super powered amnesia spell and using it on a Cishari to make them our friend? Like Bob the Titan.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 19, 2018, 03:28:34 pm »

That’s not a thing that I can imagine ever working until we’re significantly more powerful.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 19, 2018, 03:28:54 pm »

Okay.

Let's think. He wants to summon Apophis, and he's carrying the soul stone to a magical Nexus to do it. If he can just detonate it any old place, he wouldn't bother invading a temple. Perhaps the Nexus is required for the process somehow? Can we just destroy it?

Edit: Great minds think alike. Ninja'd.

I am all for not destroying the temple(s) at all costs, they're probably important. Speaking of which, all our Tempesti (bar me) need to be doing stuff with those temples to either understand them, channel their power, or make them incredibly deadly to so much as look at.

Ooh, there's a good idea for a defensive spell...

Destroying them is the "doomsday plan" depending on how the year of prep-work goes down.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 19, 2018, 03:29:08 pm »

What about the first Lethe option? Get everyone working on a super powered amnesia spell and using it on a Cishari to make them our friend? Like Bob the Titan.

Define "falling to their level". That would literally be like obliterating all trace of who they are and then resurrecting the body to use against their former friends. And remember, they aren't pure evil. They're actually running this world pretty well.

And that Secondborn guy was actually favoring peace with us... and we squished him. Grand.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 19, 2018, 03:36:30 pm »

Define "falling to their level". That would literally be like obliterating all trace of who they are and then resurrecting the body to use against their former friends. And remember, they aren't pure evil. They're actually running this world pretty well.

And that Secondborn guy was actually favoring peace with us... and we squished him. Grand.
1. I agree with the intentional memory-wipe.
2. Not really, they're really not running the world well at all. They're greedy and corrupt.
3. I do believe that you can see why a reasonable parley wasn't an option.
3a. But yes, I squished him like a bug, and all was good (And explosive. Everything being explosive makes it better)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2018, 03:41:45 pm »

So Blue, the general agreement about the Secondborn is this. He was a jerk who was trying to brain rape MM. Anything done to him was self defense. His actions were 100% not peaceful, and I'm pretty sure his idea of peace is how the US treated the Natives when they were colonizing, "give up you whole identity and act like us, or die."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2018, 07:00:20 pm »

HEY YA'LL WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT A BASE IN AUSTRALIA? IT CAN HAVE A MASSIVE MOAT! AND OTHER STUFF!

Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2018, 07:02:55 pm »

To translate, one of our guys went to Australia once and for all we know, the Cisharni have not. As a result, we can set up a hidden base in Australia and fortify it for if the sh*t really hits the fan. The moat he mentioned is the Pacific.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2018, 07:09:20 pm »

Technically the moat in question is the fifty (?) mile channel between Australia and New Guinea, but we'll let Flak/codybob keep his delusions for now.

If you want a REAL moat, you've got to move straight to America. And then dig the Super Panama Canal, because South America is apparently horrible.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2018, 07:21:30 pm »

So, thoughts on upgrading the great barrier reef into a real barrier?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 19, 2018, 07:23:56 pm »

Don't bother, go where we can have worshippers and supporters instead?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2018, 07:28:23 pm »

I'm saying as an emergency base if the shit really hits the fan and we need a place to chill until the heat dies down.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41