Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 36193 times)

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2018, 10:13:22 pm »

Very true
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2018, 10:14:22 pm »

Ok, so the question is this. How the Duat do we pull this off?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2018, 10:15:08 pm »

I have no clue

The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2018, 10:17:05 pm »

I'm away from my computer, so can you put it in the GM questions section on discord?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2018, 10:18:01 pm »

Nope, closed discord awile ago.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2018, 10:19:50 pm »

Ok then, well, we have time. We just need to figure this out and get everyone mobilized.

C2, if you are reading this, here's a note. Egyptians had a large focus on balance. If Apophis rises, we need an equally strong force of order and good, such as Ra, to rise as well.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 10:31:57 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2018, 11:22:16 pm »

Ok then, well, we have time. We just need to figure this out and get everyone mobilized.

C2, if you are reading this, here's a note. Egyptians had a large focus on balance. If Apophis rises, we need an equally strong force of order and good, such as Ra, to rise as well.

Hold on, Apophis is said that be so powerful that even Ra always needs help to bring him down. Now we, a handful of demigods belonging to a foreign god, could do what we can to aid him. Of course, even we may not be enough, giving however relatively recently we'd emerged after Sind left the world.

However, there is a much more powerful group of people who'd been here the longest and host the biggest political entity in the world: the Cisharni and their Atlantean minions. If what Serena says is true then the Cisharni really hate the Pharaoh. If we were to drop hints that he's willing to go full-blown Femto on everyone just to feed his colossal pride at controlling a snake-like eldritch abomination who will no doubt eat him first and then the entire world, then they will do everything they can to stop him. They'll swoop in to kill or apprehend him, doubtlessly losing most of their strongest members in the progress, then (hopefully) have to fight a brutal civil war with his supporters and heirs (if they're just as hated) that will cripple the Atlantean Empire from the inside. Meanwhile, we Sindari and our human minions allies will make the civil war last longer grow worse until their 'new world order' crumbles, then swoop in to pick up the pieces. This is the best case scenario.

Worst case scenario; however, the Cisharni become too reluctant to strike down the Pharaoh in time and we are forced to fight side by side with our hated enemies to take down Apophis. If we survive the battle, they will inevitably turn on us and most of us will die while the rest change their forms and go into hiding. The Pharaoh will either live to fuck us over yet again or get executed. What's left of his supporters; however, having experienced firsthand how expendable their liege really considered them, will defect to the new Pharaoh (who will probably be the Inquisitor or someone far worse). Doing what Archaementes would do in his position if he was a Cisharni, the new Pharaoh will spin tales of the struggle against Apophis to the masses, ultimately blaming the Sindari for the incident. The entire world (the still intact parts of it, of course) will hate our guts, we will find it much harder to infiltrate their societies and to do stuff, and the Cisharni will be sitting pretty.

Yup, this can swing both ways.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2018, 11:25:47 pm »

I perfer the "let's use this as an opportunity to prove to the Cisharni that we can work together," idea. Also, we know absolutely 0 Cisharni who wouldn't just kill us on sight. I think you are being a bit pessimistic as to what would happen if we had a team up. And I'm going full suicide plan. This is why I want to summon Ra, this way, when Apophis dies, there is another mega entity there who would not like it if the Cisharni turn on us. Maybe we could get some Viking gods, those guys would make us have a mandatory 7 day party afterwards where we wouldn't be allowed to kill each other.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 11:31:00 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 19, 2018, 07:27:19 am »

Let me just point out that the GM likely does not want the game, and the world, ended so soon. And may or may not be well versed in Egyptian mythology. And the gods in this universe are apparently different.

So how do we know that we're actually getting an apocalyptic Lord of Chaos rather than, say, just a really big snake that just borrowed the name?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 19, 2018, 07:40:33 am »

Because I'm C2's mythology consultant and I'm the one he asked about Apophis. As well as a huge Egypt nerd.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 07:52:38 am by Smoke Mirrors »

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2018, 07:44:58 am »

Yep

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2018, 09:11:59 am »

Ridiculous panic much, guys?

I don't think C2 is going to set us up for instantaneous failure. Also remember that ALL Cisharni know what all others are thinking. If they do not like what Pharoah's doing, they'll stop it.

So why don't we consider more logical alternatives...like just nabbing the Pharaoh first. We can show up to any of the three shrines within a single minute of desiring to go there, we have thousands of men capable of searching near the shrines.

Also, I can spend a full year search the future for the Pharaoh before things go down. Take 66 minutes out of that year for Octavian to teleport me around to each shrine (plus two minutes to survey each location) and I'll have them fixed in my mind, too.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2018, 02:25:55 pm »

Elventide, I don't think we should be focusing our resources in Greece right now. Now, on a completely unrelated note, what do people think of the plan to use our smiths to turn Flak into a bonafide terminator?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 02:30:28 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2018, 02:47:41 pm »

Elventide, I don't think we should be focusing our resources in Greece right now. Now, on a completely unrelated note, what do people think of the plan to use our smiths to turn Flak into a bonafide terminator?

It may appear so but if this works I will now have the increased resources to either send aid to China as discreetly as possible or secretly fund more raiders wishing to harass the Atlanteans' supply lines. Also, if the increased scrutiny on Greece is due in part to the increased oversight of the Greek authorities and not just the Atlanteans then it could potentially be loosened a bit, allow me to act much more easily.

As for your plan, here's a word of advise: If Flak runs into a Cisharni whose last name is Conner, run like hell.  :P

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2018, 02:51:25 pm »

"Chubby2man - Today at 2:12 PM
I feel like it’s only fair to warn you guys that this is not dungeons and dragons. I haven’t prepared “level” appropriate encounters. You are (I think) about equal to Spartan champions ,attribute wise, right now. You can mop the floor with regular soldiers. Cisharni can and will mess you up if you aren’t careful. Remember, this war started when someone (inadvertently) killed a Cisharni. This enraged them and sent them on a wave of conquest to make the world safe, because they have the power to do that. I’m not going to hold back their punches just because something happened that triggered them early. So if you go after the Pharaoh with no plan better then rushing him with superior numbers, expect that to go poorly. That being said, he not invincible, (though it wouldn’t be far off). Odds are very good he will succeed at his plan (though I have thought of way to mitigate it, and I’m not going to be shooting down plans that could work). I just figure since it has been awhile I should remind everybody that the Cisharni are stronger than you right now and not every challenge can or should be faced head on. That will change one day, and you’ll flip the tables on them. Basically, I’m saying all this to prevent “Wait, how were we supposed to beat THAT?!” When the answer is probably, “You weren’t supposed to face that head on yet :P”"

Welp.

Shall we consider the Lethe option?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41