Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46

Author Topic: Hive Race: The Hive  (Read 40178 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Race: The Hive
« Reply #270 on: August 17, 2017, 02:41:19 pm »

Quote from: Votes
Boiler Adapation: (2) Blood Librarian, Shadowclaw
Hunter Caste: (2) NUKE9.13, strongpoint
Symbiotic Bloodworms: (5) 10ebbor10, Draignean, Flazeo25, Puppyguard, Crazyabe
Bombardier: (1) Shadowclaw
Jammer: (1) kopout
Field Fortifications: (1) kopout
Symbiotic Organisms: (1)MonkeyMarkMario
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2017, 02:45:28 pm »

Guys on the Symbiotic Bloodworms you should switch to Symbiotic Organisms better chance to succeed and next turn we might be able to do Symbiotic Bloodworms with greater success with already having Symbiotic Organisms.
+1 to this, it opens up other avenues as well. We could use the same tech to take genes from other organisms and incorporate them into ourselves to speed up the development process.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 17, 2017, 02:51:40 pm »

Boiler Adapation: (2) Blood Librarian, Shadowclaw
Symbiotic Organisms: (3) MonkeyMarkMario, FallacyofUrist, kopout
We do have two designs. I say we do symbiotes first and then move to bloodworms in our second design.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 17, 2017, 04:30:48 pm »

Terrakin Beetles
A worker that generates and excretes a glue(somewhat derived from our recent efforts in digestive and edible chemicals) that hardens on contact with air. Their bodyshape combined with mucus excretions prevent them sticking themselves. Additionally they are equipped with a curved body that allows material to pass underneath them. This allows them to harden tunnels against collapse and roll dirt up into stable spheres for transport. Spheres are, of course, useful for many things, an no doubt will be incorporated into later designs, for now we will attempt construction of a ball-pit for the larva to play in.

Additional aspects that would be desired would be the incorporations of the failed X.E.D.S. wood-eating project. We may not be able to process wood into sustenance, but processing it into glue should be more feasible. A backwards-facing body-plan would allow them to eat while working and monitor their position relative to existing tunnels, helping them to conform to straight lines and precise curves. Providing them with powerful digging legs designed for penetrating and levering, along with gathering legs for accumulating rubble, would allow them to dig for themselves, though that is a task that can hopefully be performed by workers.

With stable tunnels we would be able to construct extensive underground networks to act as fortified regions, allowing us to perform ambushes and encirclements with relative ease and allowing ambushed or encircled forces to withdraw into relatively favourable tunnel combat. Furthermore, stable tunnels would allow us to undermine and bypass fortified walls.

Terravore Beetles
Somewhat slow workers with thick carapace and long "fur" that acts to break the momentum of arrows and rocks prior to making contact with the shell. Their mouth-parts include an acid-spitting gland to weaken wood and metal and forward-jutting beaks that can grip and crush a largely flat surface. The intention is to approach a fortification or vehicle with realtive immunity against light projectiles and alternately crush and melt a hole through it.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 17, 2017, 04:36:24 pm »

The Boilers purpose is simple. hopefully, in addition of spraying acid everywhere, it can act as a miniature mortar by shooting the globes of acid over walls and then letting it deal with the internal area. We can perhaps revision the acid to be able to essentially hold an entire area for maybe 20-30 seconds of being no man's land for humanity until the acid either disperses or settles, while melting everyone inside, perhaps even their lungs. I am gonna change my vote to Symbiotic Organisms But if we can get acid into a gas form I guarantee we can kill way, way more then normal. Blood worms honestly sounds neat, and we can perhaps revision it to something beautiful, think of the moral damage the puny humans will have!

I will purpose the Boiler Adaptation later, but among some Ideas I had was usage for Ore.
If we could repurpose ore when we get our first mine taken over, I had ideas of either incorporating metals into our chitinous bodies or using it as a catalyst to make some drones able to use fire-based weaponry. Just some food for thought.

Also, GM, will our food supplies slow down, or is it constant?

Boiler Adapation: (1) , Shadowclaw
Symbiotic Organisms: (4) MonkeyMarkMario, FallacyofUrist, kopout, Blood Librarian

Edit: Can we make our Symbiotic Organisms a fungus that grows food for us?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:39:51 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 17, 2017, 04:57:54 pm »

Hunter Caste: (1) strongpoint
Symbiotic Organisms: (5) MonkeyMarkMario, FallacyofUrist, kopout, Blood Librarian, NUKE9.13

Well, the people want symbiotics, that much is clear. And if we must have them, let's at least start with a more simple design.

Incidentally, to the person saying earlier that we should just do the top two designs: you may have noticed a flaw in your plan. Namely that the top two designs are competing; it doesn't make sense to do both.
May I suggest we vote like this instead:
Design One:
Symbiotic Organisms: (5) MonkeyMarkMario, FallacyofUrist, kopout, Blood Librarian, NUKE9.13

Design Two:
Hunter Caste: (1) NUKE9.13
No Second Design:
kopout seems to be voting for three things, so I just chose one at random to be their second design choice.
Long Live United Forenia!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 17, 2017, 05:00:50 pm »

Well, the people want symbiotics, that much is clear. And if we must have them, let's at least start with a more simple design.

Incidentally, to the person saying earlier that we should just do the top two designs: you may have noticed a flaw in your plan. Namely that the top two designs are competing; it doesn't make sense to do both.
May I suggest we vote like this instead:

They aren't directly competing. There's no reason you couldn't have both, if that's what the people want.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 17, 2017, 05:14:01 pm »

Uh. Why would we want to develop baby's first symbiote when we have already made crazy blood-sac worms?
Or to put it another way, why would we want to develop an advanced symbiotic critter if we think we need to start slow?
I mean, yeah, you could do both. But one or the other is gonna turn out to be a waste of dice.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 17, 2017, 05:16:15 pm »

Draignean, They are competing. For example i don't want symbiont at all, but if we are going for one that I consider practical. I want one that have a chance to bring positive results. Also, voting like that helps people to vote for designs that works well together.

BTW, I urge other players to vote for new type of non-national effort drones. We NEED new drones to supplement our forces and start changing our force composition. I prefer Hunter Caste mainly because I expect them to be effective in forests and I want that second queen ASAP but any new drone will be fine for our progress.

Design One:
Hunter Caste: (0)
Symbiotic Organisms: (6) MonkeyMarkMario, FallacyofUrist, kopout, Blood Librarian, NUKE9.13, strongpoint

Design Two:
No Second Design: (0)

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 05:19:31 pm by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 17, 2017, 05:18:11 pm »

Well, the person you looked at actually gave you the explanation. Do baby's first, then do the advanced one.

I'm not sure this is a great idea, in fact I'm fairly certain it isn't, but I'm also reasonably certain we can't just reinterpret the vote explicitly against an individual's avowed interest.

Again, I'm not saying that this MUST be the way it is, but you're directly cutting off what someone wanted to do. It might be better to copy all the designs into groups one and two, except have the advanced in group 2 and the basic in group 1.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 05:23:25 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 17, 2017, 05:20:33 pm »

Yeah, at this point you're basically picking a winner via vote layout change.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 17, 2017, 05:26:00 pm »

So are we making two designs or just big one then?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 17, 2017, 05:30:59 pm »

So are we making two designs or just big one then?

For the interests of Fairness, this is the votebox that would accurately convey the voting as desired explicitly by FoU. If you disagree, you just have to pull your vote from a particular design.

Design One:
Symbiotic Organisms: (6) MonkeyMarkMario, FallacyofUrist, kopout, Blood Librarian, NUKE9.13, strongpoint

Design Two:
Field Fortifications: (0)

---

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 17, 2017, 05:31:28 pm »

Fine. Let's do both. Beasts below.

I mean, it was only a suggestion. You'll note that I used the old votebox at the top of my post. If people don't want to use the new one, then don't.
I realise now that trying to fight the Bloodworms is futile. I can only pray that I am being overly pessimistic about its chance of success.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 17, 2017, 05:39:04 pm »

Design One:
Symbiotic Organisms: (7) MonkeyMarkMario, FallacyofUrist, kopout, Blood Librarian, NUKE9.13, strongpoint, flazeo25

Design Two:
Symbiotic Bloodworms: (4) 10ebbor10, Draignean, Puppyguard, Crazyabe
Field Fortifications: (0)
Dweller: (1) flazeo25

Decided to change my vote.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46