Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46

Author Topic: Hive Race: The Hive  (Read 40249 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Race: The Hive
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2017, 11:55:52 am »

Yup. We need to redistribute our manpower flow.

The enemy uses (rougly) 50 30 20.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2017, 05:36:01 pm »

Leg Springs are not for jumping, they are for conserving energy during a walking/running motion. This should mean that more energy is available for moving faster and that less energy is expended on travelling. It would still be using the basic leg arrangement which seems more focused on lifting than acrobatics.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2017, 06:12:53 pm »

Are there any tactics revision that may help us more than faster reinforcements?

What can we do to reduce causalities from artillery\ranged units by tactics alone?
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2017, 07:14:20 pm »

Well, ranged can be mitigated by having cover, we could try carrying random junk as shields. Also marching behind soldiers. Artillery ought to be mitigated by spreading out, but that results in slower marching speeds because some of your people will be significantly further from the battlefield, by virtue of occupying a larger area, and you want all of your forces to reach the battlefield so being further away means slower...

We really don't have the visual acuity to react to artillery. so any spotter + evasion tactic won't be viable.

Artillery does tend to throw a lot of shock and shards about, could be that a bit more of a focus on treating injuries could reduce the effective losses. If, instead of being marched over and having its remaining legs crushed, a beetle was righted, had its leaks plugged, and found a stick strapped to it to rest on where it lost most of its legs, then it might be able to get back into the battle...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2017, 04:07:22 am »

Hmmm, Field medicine and crude hospitals to save some drones can be a quite good way of reducing our causalities.

They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2017, 06:30:02 am »

Revision: Infra-Red Cell Clusters  [Effectiveness:  5]

By concentrating the Infra-Red cells into a pair of dark spots, the Queen has created secondary simple eyespots, flanking the standard compound eye.  The interference with colour vision has been largely removed, and blue-violet perception restored, save for some legacy issues with keeping all of the sensory inputs in mind - not a real problem for now.  The 'scout worker' still costs 10% more than the standard worker, but has restored melee functionality and can fight in night ambushes with a full third of the capacity of their combat in melee.

Revision: Larval Mitosis  [Effectiveness: 3]

Ultimately, we cannot increase our maximum capacity of drones without increasing food supply or food metabolism.  What we can try to do is pump them out faster.  Without a full cycle devoted to redesigning the embryonic stage of development, we are limited in what we can do, but the Queen has been able to force mitosis in a limited percentage of cases.  Many of the resulting eggs prove infertile or too mutated to be of use, but taking the failures after the successes this should result in a 6% increase in reproductive rate.  Our maximum capacity will remain the same, however.

It is now the Strategy Phase.  You have 1 die remaining.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2017, 06:30:58 am »

Excellent rolls.

Also, the first evidence that we're not using a d4.

Edit : Do these mutations transfer to all workers, or only to the new ones.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:33:34 am by 10ebbor10 »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2017, 06:35:46 am »

At your discretion, you can choose to either apply the IR eye-spot mutation to all workers (increasing worker cost by 10% across the board) or implement a new worker sub-class of 'scout workers', and assign them a Budget percentage this turn (up to 10% Budget reassignment is free).  The reproduction rate increase is across the board.

Remember that you can move your National Effort for free in the Strategy Phase.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2017, 06:36:53 am »

If we apply it to all workers, do 10% of the workers already on the field evaporate?

Anyway, the enemy distribution is 0.45%, 0.30%, 0.25%.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:42:19 am by 10ebbor10 »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2017, 06:44:39 am »

If we apply it to all workers, do 10% of the workers already on the field evaporate?

Anyway, the enemy distribution is 0.45%, 0.30%, 0.25%.

No, but they suddenly consume 10% more food and get you 10% closer to the manpower cap.  They would only evaporate if you were already at max capacity.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2017, 06:51:43 am »

Alright. Strategy time.

-Rebalance our fronts from 33/33/33 to 40/30/30 (Consumes 1 die)

-Move National Effort to Front One. (Free)

-Upgrade all Workers to have IR eye-spots. (Free)
Long Live United Forenia!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2017, 07:00:09 am »

Uhm.

Iituem, I don't understand your reinforcement mathematics.

We spend 800 manpower to reinforce 27 Soldiers and 600 workers.
600*1 = 600
27*6 = 162

What happened to the rest? Shouldn't we be reinforcing 33 Warriors?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:01:42 am by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2017, 07:04:21 am »

Anyway, my proposal.

-Rebalance our fronts from 33/33/33 to 50/30/20 (Consumes 1 die)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2017, 07:18:36 am »

Uhm.

Iituem, I don't understand your reinforcement mathematics.

We spend 800 manpower to reinforce 27 Soldiers and 600 workers.
600*1 = 600
27*6 = 162

What happened to the rest? Shouldn't we be reinforcing 33 Warriors?

Fixed that bug this morning.  I was reporting numbers of troops, not total manpower, so it was counting each Soldier improperly.

Edit in progress:  Okay, there's two bugs.  Because of how I'm patching in the National Effort reinforcements, it's slightly screwing over the apparent manpower assignment for the other fronts - the total troops overall are correct, but distribution's out by about 5%.  I'll look at fixing that one up.

Edit 2:  Fixed that, has to tweak the code a fair bit but it's now representative.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:42:39 am by Iituem »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2017, 08:01:42 am »

-Rebalance our fronts from 33/33/33 to 50/30/20 (Consumes 1 die)
After thinking about it for a minute, sure, I can get behind these proportions.

Quote from: Votes
Rebalancing Fronts:
-50/30/20: (2) 10ebbor10, NUKE9.13

National Focus:
-Front One: (2) 10ebbor10, NUKE9.13

IR eye-spots:
-All Workers: (2) 10ebbor10

E: Incidentally, since Iituem has declined to comment on the discrepancy between our troop numbers and our TC on the Western Front, I surmise that is is not in fact a mistake, but that he cannot reveal why the values are different.
I think my theory of secret TC-reduction magic might be correct. I mean, we haven't seen any other magic from them.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:08:51 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 46