Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46

Author Topic: Hive Race: The Hive  (Read 40100 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Race: The Hive
« Reply #630 on: August 30, 2017, 08:44:37 am »

I want to capture Nippy and pressure the enemy on the front we have to have that I think we need:

1) Force mulitplers for what we already have
2) Immediate impact designs\revisions
3) Bring ravanchers on-line

We don't need purely economic or any other long term designs\revisions. This can wait till we capture and secure those two cities. Than sure, go for whatever crazy wunderwaffe you want.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 30, 2017, 12:14:07 pm »

Yeah think we should go full revision and create 4 revisions.

Heres some thoughts for what we could do.
(1) Upgrade all workers to new chitin if they haven't already and possibly give them some other of our genes.
(2) De-nationalize the spitters and since they be de nationalized we wouln't need to readjust their fielding as they all end up on front 2 for that turn.
(3) Improve Revancher circulatory system or make their double segmented legs less complex such to cheapen them.
(4) Maybe wooden towers if possible for them to carry or fungiculture or more bio stuff.

Keep 1 die to readjust the fronts.
Although I agree with most of that, but I don't think we need wooden towers, so far we have been using living worker towers. I'd also like to point out that  fungiculture is a design, especially as we have no farming at all. I think a closed circulatory system is also a design, I even proposed it in my list of designs.

I want to capture Nippy and pressure the enemy on the front we have to have that I think we need:

1) Force mulitplers for what we already have
2) Immediate impact designs\revisions
3) Bring ravanchers on-line

We don't need purely economic or any other long term designs\revisions. This can wait till we capture and secure those two cities. Than sure, go for whatever crazy wunderwaffe you want.
Trench and berm tactics is a fairly good way to decrease casualties and possibly increase  TC. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:17:01 pm by kopout »
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 30, 2017, 01:35:52 pm »

Revised light carapace
by thinning the layer of carapace yet multiplying it to form several layers we gain scale mail type carapace for the same prize as before.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 31, 2017, 05:19:02 am »

After a suggested reformat from Kashyyk, the future front reports will look a little more like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 31, 2017, 05:35:06 am »

Nice and clear, i like it

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 09, 2017, 01:25:45 pm »

You choose not to produce a Design this turn.  It is now the Revision Phase.  You have 5 dice remaining.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 09, 2017, 01:51:20 pm »

Spitter Streamlined Genome Sequencing: By the effort of streamlining the genome required to create a spitter, it will make them a lot easier to be produced in more numbers. Spitters are a simple entity being to create and they are only expensive because they produce a ranged ability to project out acid plegm. Concentrates results in this process will result in the Spitters not having to be produce on a singular combat wave, as well as making the DNA and RNA sequences of Spitters easier being understood by the Queen to build more elaborate systems from them.

Revancher Circulatory System Rewiring: the current generation of elephant-sized soldiers, or Revanchers, suffer from the ability to concentrate and have a smooth-running circulatory system that impacts their ability to transport much needed resources like oxygen, nutrients, and hormones to places where they can. By a process of making the cardiovascular system of Revanchers a great deal simpler and straight-forward, it can no longer have to suffer from this problem of their heart difficulties ensuring. A Secondary method of allowing the creature to have a greater deal of Iron in its bloodstream will also be applied to salivate their heart system.

Revancher Streamlined Genome Sequencing: The same method is applied to the Revanchers, but in a different method. Instead of making it more simpler for the Revanchers to be deployed in multiple army swarms, instead it's much simpler to produce a lot more of them. A simpler and streamlined generic pattern to produced at a easier rate will indefinitely help with reducing the required man-power to construct multiple entities of these elephant-sized soldiers.

Light Carapace in Worker Drone: The Hunter Drones armor have shown a great deal of effectiveness and also a great weakness within them. They are a effective form of light and mobile carapace that also provides moderate protection, that can also be applied to the worker drones to also have the strength of this carapace. Most areas that the Worker Carapace have gone in the worker drones have been replaced with this much more effective light carapace.

Quote from: Revisions
Spitter Streamlined Genome Sequencing: [1] Shadowclaw
Revancher Circulatory System Rewiring: [1] Shadowclaw
Revancher Streamlined Genome Sequencing: [1] Shadowclaw
Light Carapace in Worker Drones: [1] Shadowclaw

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 09, 2017, 01:54:01 pm »

Okay, revisions.

I propose to do at maximum 4 revisions, as we need to adjust the distribution of troops.

Pulsatile organs The revancher suffers from problems getting sufficient nutrients to it's limbs and extremities. Pulsatile organs are located at the base of various limbs and other locations most often suffering these troubles. These independent auxilary hearts supply hemolymph to large limbs as needed.

Gluten Resolution A collection of various biofauna are introduced within the Emetics stomach systems, digesting excess gluten. Any members of the hive who partake from the emetics supply also ingest these digestive organism, ensuring that any leftover gluten and other components can still be digested.

Spitter Decomplexification The Spitter, it is clear, as an old design. Bringing it up to standard allows it to be considered merely a simple offshoot of the Soldier, and as such making it much easier to produce, requiring no more attention than usual.

Delayed Spike growth Our original attempt to grow spikes upon workers was met with significant trouble, primarily an uncontrolled growth of spikes. These issues were also noted when we designed the Hunter, and were solved there by delaying the hardening of the carapace. A similar attempt will be made here.

Revancher Circulatory System Rewiring: the current generation of elephant-sized soldiers, or Revanchers, suffer from the ability to concentrate and have a smooth-running circulatory system that impacts their ability to transport much needed resources like oxygen, nutrients, and hormones to places where they can. By a process of making the cardiovascular system of Revanchers a great deal simpler and straight-forward, it can no longer have to suffer from this problem of their heart difficulties ensuring. A Secondary method of allowing the creature to have a greater deal of Iron in its bloodstream will also be applied to salivate their heart system.

Interesting trivia, but insects don't transmit oxygen through their cardiovascular system. Oxygen is provided by the trachea, which are basically simply holes in their carapace.

Spitter Streamlined Genome Sequencing: [2] Shadowclaw , 10ebbor10
Pulsatile Organs : [1] 10ebbor10
Gluten Resolution : [1] 10ebbor10
Delayed Spike growth : [1] 10ebbor10
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 01:59:38 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 09, 2017, 02:29:43 pm »

Spitter Streamlined Genome Sequencing: [3] Shadowclaw , 10ebbor10, strongpoint
Gluten Resolution : [1] 10ebbor10

Make 1 revision
Make 2 revisions
Make 3 revisions
Make 4 revisions (1) strongpoint
Make 5 revisions
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 09, 2017, 02:47:59 pm »

Worker(mace and shield)
Humans spend years to gain skills. Hive have no need for this. Queen can just imprint complex instincts into a brain of any drone. As a proof of concept she imprints worker drones with both knowledge of how to make wooden maces and shields and how to use them in combat effectively both for defense and offense

Improve worker's survivability
By studying hundreds and hundreds of killed workers hive learned how to improve their survivability. It is done both by introducing Light Carapace similar to one used by hunters and rearranging internal organs making them harder to hit by piercing weapons.

I still believe that using timber is a good idea and this version give us experience in instinct knowledge. I dislike merely introducing light carapace. I want three revisions that help with our worker attrition more than improving ravanchers. Siege doesn't help if we are behind in TC

Spitter Streamlined Genome Sequencing: [3] Shadowclaw , 10ebbor10, strongpoint
Gluten Resolution : [2] 10ebbor10. strongpoint
Worker(mace and shield) : [1] strongpoint
Improve worker survivability : [1] strongpoint

Make 1 revision
Make 2 revisions
Make 3 revisions
Make 4 revisions [1] strongpoint
Make 5 revisions

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 09, 2017, 04:58:48 pm »

Nice finally revision time.

Quote from: votes
Spitter Streamlined Genome Sequencing: [4] Shadowclaw , 10ebbor10, strongpoint, flazeo25
Revancher Streamlined Genome Sequencing: [2] Shadowclaw, flazeo25
Pulsatile Organs : [2] 10ebbor10, flazeo25
Gluten Resolution : [3] 10ebbor10. strongpoint, flazeo25
Improve worker survivability : [2] strongpoint, flazeo25

Make 1 revision
Make 2 revisions
Make 3 revisions
Make 4 revisions [1] strongpoint
Make 5 revisions [1] flazeo25

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 09, 2017, 05:01:36 pm »

Quote from: votes
Spitter Streamlined Genome Sequencing: [4] Shadowclaw , 10ebbor10, strongpoint, flazeo25
Revancher Streamlined Genome Sequencing: [2] Shadowclaw, flazeo25
Pulsatile Organs : [2] 10ebbor10, flazeo25
Gluten Resolution : [3] 10ebbor10. strongpoint, flazeo25
Improve worker survivability : [2] strongpoint, flazeo25

Make 1 revision
Make 2 revisions
Make 3 revisions
Make 4 revisions [2] strongpoint, 10ebbor10
Make 5 revisions [1] flazeo25

We need to adjust troop distribution.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 09, 2017, 05:17:07 pm »

Negative pressure fibres
By implementing fibres that open and close to create a very simple suction effect around the body, we hope to greatly increase and equalise the distribution of resources through the body. This, in turn, should improve our control  over and the efficiency of the metabolism of our larger peoples, such as a soldiers, spitters, queens, and Revenchers.
I am wondering if it is possible to apply revisions to multiple creatures simultaneously...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 09, 2017, 05:34:13 pm »

If those creature share the same underlying system that you're changing, yes.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 10, 2017, 05:58:38 am »

I am not a fan of spending a revision on ravancher because:
- We have no guarantee that spitter revision will work. They may stay nat effort
- Ravanchers are good in siege role already, this is what matters. Slightly lower melee output doesn't bother me much because soldiers are adequate
- with only 5% of budget allocated to them, changes will be minor comparing to upgrading workers or hive vide upgrade. Improving effectiveness of all drones by +1% or all workers by +2% is way better than getting +25% of effectiveness for Ravancher

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46