Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: Hive Race: The League  (Read 25659 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Race: The League
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2017, 04:10:19 pm »

I'll look into the code, that may or may not be a result of the weirdness resulting from the first turn of combat ever screwing with reinforcement numbers.  There are some things I expect to level out next turn, but I'll give it a look.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2017, 08:32:34 pm »

Hmm... Just clarification, Iituem, we have to change the budget in order to actually start building new unit types, like the Pentekonter, yes?

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2017, 09:06:00 pm »

For the turn on page 4:

Front 1 needs 610 TC: 13 biremes or 9 Pentekonters.
Front 2 needs 4740 TC: 95 biremes or 66 Pentekonters.
Front 3 needs 2296 TC: 46 biremes or 32 Pentekonter.

Currently we have 1523 (I think we're only using) training. 152 of which is dedicated to briemes, which take 10. I think that's 15/turn, or possibly 9/turn, but we're getting 3/turn.

I see how it is now, each shipping front gets 3.333% of our manpower. At current rates, we will never have enough transports. I think 32% transport spending will get us enough transports, just as soon as they are built. That will take an unknown length of time. Biremes are ~80% as effective; 40% spending would get us enough. I tentatively propose 1/3 biremes and 2/3 transports, for 22% budget to transports and 13% budget to biremes.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 09:21:10 pm by Nirur Torir »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2017, 03:19:45 am »

Hmm... Just clarification, Iituem, we have to change the budget in order to actually start building new unit types, like the Pentekonter, yes?

Yes.  This is part of the reason you get 10% Budget shift for free each turn.  If you want more significant re-tooling of production, you've got to spend a die on it.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2017, 03:33:38 am »

The trainer's moot
Corruption in our camps has only become more potent since the introduction of the great muster camp in Dorytos, however with a certain level of oversight, it can be managed.
By introducing a group of elders and politicians whose job it is to oversee, allocate and grade all trainers working across the league, the corruption which is currently being leveraged amongst the petty jealousies and intrigues of aged veterans can be put to better work influencing our politics on a higher level.
Those we appoint to oversee the camps may have their own agendas, but at least they'll be more manageable, and will be able to severely cut the infection at the lower ranks.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2017, 04:22:38 am »

Right, with that, I don't see any major discussion and we seem to have a basic consensus on the general idea of what we want to do, so I'll conjure the Votebox to keep things moving along. Adding a few extra thingies to the box for maximum options!.. Probably could've done that part better...

Quote from: Votes
Oversight Comity: (1) Jilladilla
The Trainer's Moot: (0)

Something else? (Specify obviously)
Spend a second die on something

Save the dice: (0)

Glory to United Forenia!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2017, 09:12:15 am »

Oversight Committee: (2) Jilladilla, Terenos

I mean, its pretty vital we root out this corruption as early as possible.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2017, 09:20:50 am »

........HOW DID I DERP THAT BAD ON THE SPELLING... Alright, going to fix it. (Problem is, Comity is an actual word, one of its definitions is actually kinda close to committee, but on a more international scale... (Considering though, that The League isn't technically one nation (yet), it may still be valid... Will still change it to Committee though, as that is what I meant.)

Glory to United Forenia!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2017, 10:39:36 am »

Oversight Committee: (3) Jilladilla, Terenos, Stabby

Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2017, 10:48:41 am »

Good enough for me
Oversight Committee: (4) Jilladilla, Terenos, Stabby, Tack

Also rules are that you auto-vote your own proposal.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2017, 11:59:04 am »

Also rules are that you auto-vote your own proposal.
So they are... I didn't recall that rule being there, so I didn't think of adding your vote to your own thing

Glory to United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2017, 10:17:59 pm »

I'm too tired to vote and it doesn't matter.
Long-term, though, I'd suggest relying entirely on disciplined ranks of elite soldiers with fire support, with magic based on either empowering them or forcing the enemy to confront them on uneven terms (Walls of fire to funnel the enemy right into the front of a Macedonian Phalanx would work wonders).

Alternatively, Roman Legion method is a functional way of making peasants into a hideously effective army. Back them up with elite heavy cavalry (And make sure the legionnaires have simple javelins) and we should be set for troops for a while.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2017, 10:24:29 pm »

Alternatively, Roman Legion method is a functional way of making peasants into a hideously effective army. Back them up with elite heavy cavalry (And make sure the legionnaires have simple javelins) and we should be set for troops for a while.
+1 to Rome. Not quite yet though, actually getting our soldiers up to speed and to the frontlines takes priority.

Glory to United Forenia!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2017, 10:36:20 pm »

Anti-Acid Cloak
A heavy cloack designed to provide protection from acid. It uses a quilted pattern with many pockets of lye between oiled waterproof cloth. When acid eats through the cloak the lye neutralizes it and prevents it from harming the soldier.

Obvious flaws: when punctured by weapons it will get lye in the wounds which is not good.
Can only neutralize a certain acid before the lye is used up.

Even a heavy cloak without the pockets of lye could help protect from one splash of acid. Acid is caught on cloak then cloak is thrown away.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2017, 11:33:33 pm »

What about oiled leather, coated in lye?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30