Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: Hive Race: The League  (Read 25643 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Race: The League
« Reply #390 on: August 29, 2017, 05:09:36 pm »

League, 1st front. 5 apprenteces present, 6 were killed. Something's still off with your program.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 29, 2017, 05:10:56 pm »

And why is it split into two categories of apprentices?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 29, 2017, 05:25:36 pm »

Things continue going poorly. I think it can be proven they are just revising their troops every turn and the body count is rising.
Front 2 seems to be holding on, barely. Its troop count is going up, bit by bit, and we are butchering them faster, ish. Front 3 was actually surprisingly a victory. Their territorial control took a HUGE hit.

I think we should save all 5 of our dice and just revise our troops for effectiveness. Mages(I mean magic users in general). Aphrokema, and Spearmen, to create the biggest impact, spend 1 die for colonization, and 1 to shore up the colonization that failed.

---
Also, We had 8 apprentices on the first front. 5 last turn, 3 reinforced, -6 to casualties. 2 remaining. Looks fine to me.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 05:43:02 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 29, 2017, 06:39:32 pm »

Also, We had 8 apprentices on the first front. 5 last turn, 3 reinforced, -6 to casualties. 2 remaining. Looks fine to me. 
where are you reading this? Other unit numbers look way off too.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 29, 2017, 06:45:37 pm »

Last turn, Front 1 status:   5 apprentices. This turn front 1 reinforcements: 3 apprentices. This turn front 1 casualties, 6 apprentices.
This turns Front 1 status: 2 apprentices.
-
We had troops still on each front, the reinforcements are added to that, battle occurs, casualties are tallied, remaining troops are left in the front report.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 29, 2017, 07:01:46 pm »

Let me quote this again outside of the spoiler.
  League 1st Front
  0 skirmishers
  0 bowmen
  9 hoplites
  0 cavalry
  0 ballistae
  2 apprentices
  0 mages
  0 spearmen
  0 slaves
  0 aphrokema
918 manpower spent, 9 skirmishers, 16 hoplites, 6 cavalry, 0 ballistae, 3 apprentices, 189 spearmen, 843 slaves, 0 mages reinforced.
League 1st Front Deaths: [charge] 5 skirmishers, 5 hoplites, 1 cavalry, 1 apprentices, 70 spearmen, 421 slaves, [skirmish] 7 hoplites, 44 spearmen, 150 slaves, [melee] 11 skirmishers, 2 bowmen, 25 hoplites, 11 cavalry, 3 ballistae, 5 apprentices, 199 spearmen, 678 slaves 

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 29, 2017, 07:03:54 pm »

Yes, thats what is on the front right this second, after the battle. Those troops will be reinforced, then the next battle will occur, and whatevers left will be turn 306's Front Report.

So as my last ditch effort at explaning this.
Turn 305's report has 5 apprentices. Thats how many troops were there after the last battle. Then, reinforcements are added (Now up to 8 apprentices before the battle), the battle then occurs, leading to 6 apprentice casualties, and the turn 306 front report has Troops that Exist.
Thus 5+3-6=2. Thats why we have 2. You seem to have forgotten the reinforcements.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 07:17:53 pm by Terenos »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 29, 2017, 07:23:29 pm »

Yeah, I think those numbers are okay.  Stats for units are after the battle (reinforcements come first, then the battle itself).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 29, 2017, 07:29:47 pm »

Ok. It's very confusing that you have final numbers before the change in numbers.
I assumed that was initial numbers followed by the change as final numbers could be worked out that way. As is, there is no way to know initial numbers without digging up old reports.
It would make more sense to list initial-> change -> final. Or initial -> change.
Instead of final -> change with initial not listed.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 29, 2017, 07:39:56 pm »

Okay, it's now more important to keep magic guys alive.

How best to do that? We could revise them with horses for retreating, or combat training so they're better at using their robes like shields. We could dedicate some spearmen as bodyguards so they can get away more easily. We could make battlemages over two turns.

I'd like to try again at revising them cheaper. Lots of spearmen + magic weapons is a nice force multiplier.

Timber is still capped. Making a makeshift fireball spell for our ballistas wont' be effective this turn. We might just have to make burning hands.

3x mages can be had at 6.1% budget.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 29, 2017, 07:48:00 pm »

We're doing an acceptable job at apprentice retention, we're just running out of ablative chaff troops.

Still, if we make a method to mitigate their spitters on our forces we should be good, revise spearmen to have some light bronze armor? We do have absurd amounts of ore to spare, over 1500 of it.

(Note: We seem to produce 360 resource per resource # now, a full 20% boost due to our government.)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 29, 2017, 07:57:14 pm »

No love for the lightning idea?

Anyway, I like the idea of mounting mages on horseback to increase dodging ability. In fact, mount ALL magic-users on horseback. Should have no cost (Besides the cost of giving someone a horse...whatever that's expressed as).

If we deploy lightning to drop all the spitters, we'll probably start taking territory, especially since it'd be useful against the workers as well.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 29, 2017, 08:04:07 pm »

I think horses would be portrayed as Manpower, look at our cavalry, 3 manpower.

Everything else that uses more than one manpower requires multiple people to operate/crew/whatever.

And besides, we're cleaving through their worker chaff lines, we'll be getting into their soldier/hunter/spitter bits soon.

Glory to United Forenia!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 31, 2017, 05:17:51 am »

After a suggested reformat from Kashyyk, from next turn onwards front reports will look a little more like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 31, 2017, 02:18:46 pm »

We probably should start up the Votebox huh?

Quote from: Votebox
Greatflare: (1) Jilladilla
Zeus' Fist:

No Design:

Glory to United Forenia!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30