Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Vordak`s Graphic Tileset - Reconstruction  (Read 157465 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: Vordak`s 32x Dwarf Tileset v0.6.0
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2018, 05:59:15 pm »

so we'd better wait for him to add it or write a hook for this in dfhack-twbt.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2018, 08:56:00 pm »

Instead of doubling the sprites to add gendered doubles of the existing graphics, maybe it could implement modular graphics to assemble graphics pieces to create sprites that match the descriptions of the dwarves. Skin color, Hair color, Hair style, Missing limbs, and Head scars would probably be the most helpful. But there's lots of other details that could potentially be included: chin shape, eye color, eye shape, nose shape, ear shape. Instead of having some sprite with a stereotype of a female, we could have graphics that actually look like the dwarves they represent. There's no indication from the raws that female dwarves look any different from male dwarves other than that they don't grow beards. (They lack the "FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS" tag.)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2018, 12:30:44 pm »

Instead of doubling the sprites to add gendered doubles of the existing graphics, maybe it could implement modular graphics to assemble graphics pieces to create sprites that match the descriptions of the dwarves. Skin color, Hair color, Hair style, Missing limbs, and Head scars would probably be the most helpful. But there's lots of other details that could potentially be included: chin shape, eye color, eye shape, nose shape, ear shape. Instead of having some sprite with a stereotype of a female, we could have graphics that actually look like the dwarves they represent. There's no indication from the raws that female dwarves look any different from male dwarves other than that they don't grow beards. (They lack the "FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS" tag.)
Maybe I could make a mock-up of the possible dwarf-sprite states, so that mifki can have a look at how it could work. Or Japa, for his Armok Vision.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2018, 01:21:35 pm »

Skin color, Hair color, Hair style, Missing limbs, and Head scars would probably be the most helpful.
Missing limbs - that would be great.
Skin color and hair color also good.
But hair and beard styles - in the game there are not so many of their variations - the result is the dominance of the clones.

But there's lots of other details that could potentially be included: chin shape, eye color, eye shape, nose shape, ear shape.
With my dwarves this is not realistic. Eye color? Maybe, but without white of the eye(principle), monotony dark color, like in my drawn of goblins.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2018, 05:59:37 pm »

But hair and beard styles - in the game there are not so many of their variations - the result is the dominance of the clones.

Maybe it could be possible to have multiple image options for the same feature description and then it could pseudo-randomly pick one for each dwarf.

With my dwarves this is not realistic. Eye color? Maybe, but without white of the eye(principle), monotony dark color, like in my drawn of goblins.

I only know of one graphics pack that makes use of eye color. I don't think it should be necessary to implement every feature in a graphics pack. If you don't want to have feature-dependant graphics for eyes, ears, or chin, maybe it would be possible to draw those onto the body layer or draw a single version of those features to be used by all of dwarves?

Maybe I could make a mock-up of the possible dwarf-sprite states, so that mifki can have a look at how it could work. Or Japa, for his Armok Vision.

How should skin color work? Should it add color to a template, or should there be a separate graphic for each color? Or maybe the graphics pack artist could pick and chose either "add_color" or "as_is" like with the profession coloring.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2018, 09:46:16 am »

It's quite a few beard types. There are 5 (normal beard, moustache, sideburns, chin whiskers, cheek whiskers), with different styles (arranged in double braids, braided, unkempt, tied in a pony tail, neatly combed, stubble) and different lengths.  And those can be combined, dwarves have 0-5 beard types at the same time.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2018, 10:45:27 am »

It's quite a few beard types. There are 5 (normal beard, moustache, sideburns, chin whiskers, cheek whiskers), with different styles (arranged in double braids, braided, unkempt, tied in a pony tail, neatly combed, stubble) and different lengths.  And those can be combined, dwarves have 0-5 beard types at the same time.
if this was drawn as full sprites for the whole face, that would mean a FUNload of sprites:
5 types x 6 styles
if only 1 beard type and 1 style per dwarf were possible, but this way it must be
5 types ^ 6 styles
if i'm not mistaken.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vordak`s 32x Dwarf Tileset v0.7.0
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2018, 05:40:51 pm »

RELEASE 0.7.0

- significant changes in the pattern of military
- little changing of face pattern and a very small change to general pattern of dwarf (in the shoulder area)
- redraw many item tiles and tiles of workshops

Spoiler: Dwarves 0.7.0-x1 (click to show/hide)

Download link - v0.7.0

Spoiler: How to install: (click to show/hide)

Compatibility for Meph Tileset - 32x graphic pack with TWBT - v2.3
or Meph Tileset Launcher + Utilities - v2.3 or v2.4
or PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64bit) - v0.44.05-r03

Normal work is guaranteed only with the above versions of packs and tilesets.

Below you can see the difference between tiles of Meph set v2.3\v2.4 (left pic.) and Vordak set v0.7.0 (right pic.).
Spoiler: _MDF_items (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: _MDF_decorations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: _MDF_decorations_2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: _MDF_trees (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Meph_32x32 (click to show/hide)

P.S. New wheelbarrow and minecart turned out too small - in next version this be corrected.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 06:26:53 am by Vordak »

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vordak`s 32x Dwarf Tileset v0.7.0
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2018, 12:42:43 pm »

Looking great Vordak! Thanks for the update!
☼MASTERWORK☼

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vordak`s 32x Dwarf Tileset v0.7.1
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2018, 12:32:51 pm »

RELEASE 0.7.1

- new bigger wheelbarrow and minecart
- total redraw of remains (see "_MDF_trees" and "new remains" pics below)
- little change of transparency of barrel tile from "Meph_32x32"
- little redraw of traps tiles

Spoiler: new remains (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarves 0.7.1-x1 (click to show/hide)

Download link - v0.7.1 - WARNING - not compatible with Meph Tileset v2.6

Compatibility for Meph Tileset - 32x graphic pack with TWBT - v2.3
or Meph Tileset Launcher + Utilities -v2.3\v2.4\v2.5
or PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack (64bit) - v0.44.05-r03\v0.44.09-r01

Below you can see the difference between tiles of Meph set v2.3\v2.4 (left pic.) and Vordak set v0.7.1 (right pic.).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 02:31:18 pm by Vordak »

Bad_Goblin

• Bay Watcher
  • Ergh
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2018, 04:09:23 pm »

Wow, when this tile-set came out I didn't expect it to become so ambitious! Can't wait to see what comes of this!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2018, 07:48:43 am »

Any plans to finish the goblins or other non-dwarf races?

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2018, 11:33:27 am »

Any plans to finish the goblins or other non-dwarf races?
I'm afraid I will not finish soon. Work is moving very slowly.

Sprites of dark dwarves are almost finished, in their raws files only it is required a little to change domestic animals and add some pet-monsters for warfare - really want to add them something like plumphelmet\mushroom pig and war trained & brain damaged goblins-slaves.

Plan to continue drawing goblins - unfortunately, I still do not have a clear opinion on their style. This is my primary goal for drawing after dark dwarves.

Then after goblins I maybe (or not) can take up work on kobolds - here must seriously revise the pattern.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 12:43:34 pm by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2018, 12:20:26 pm »

Hey, I made a new release. I did add your top/bg files for the corpses, and 4 workshop tiles, thanks for that. I love how intricate some of your changes are :)

The rest is mostly grasses, I replaced 37 tiles in the main set (walls, gems, minerals) with new grasses. Then I made new overrides for the walls, gems and minerals I moved.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vordak`s 32x Dwarf Tileset v0.8.0
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2018, 02:37:37 pm »

RELEASE 0.8.0

Spoiler: Desert (click to show/hide)

- redraw desert and sand tiles
- added transparency for constructed stairs
- redraw some workshops - kitchen, kiln, magma kiln, magma smelter, magma glass furnace, kennels - more difference between normal and magma workshops
- redraw transparency for tile of night creature
- change in tiles of logs
- new large pots,seeds and obsidian
- some transparency changes for tiles of boulder and ore
- changes in tiles of civmember corpses\prisoners
- at civilian dwarves reduced black area around the feet - now on a light background will look better

Spoiler: Dwarves 0.8.0-x1 (click to show/hide)

Download link - v0.8.0

Compatibility for Meph Tileset Launcher + Utilities -v2.6

Below you can see the difference between tiles of Meph set v2.6 (left pic.) and Vordak set v0.8.0 (right pic.).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 06:05:46 pm by Vordak »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11