Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54373 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]
« Reply #870 on: May 16, 2018, 07:17:32 pm »

The Resting came and go with no alerts tripped, and no shifty movements on sensors. Everyone rested, ate their MREs and pack up ready to head on. This is the last leg before you get to the Castle.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 16, 2018, 09:31:11 pm »

[Tina Murdoch + Priscilla]

Tina most definitely intends to bring Priscilla along.
"It'll be interesting... to bring her into the castle effect while online. Maybe it'll be easier, to control her. I must do it, the effect will still be pristine, maybe... I'll see how it turns into a hacking effect. Or if the castle effect hacks from the word go."
Tina's all excited about this, so much she can learn. She just hopes she'll be able to control Priscilla.
She'll have to watch her like a hawk.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 16, 2018, 09:45:13 pm »

"I recommend you do so extremely carefully and by keeping as many variables controlled as possible." She pauses. "A change in formation, however, may be necessary so that Priscilla can be watched carefully."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 17, 2018, 10:06:37 am »

“Just know, if it goes rogue. . . Well, we may have to completely destroy it.”
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 17, 2018, 10:28:56 am »

"Sheesh People, she gets it. Leave her alone and focus on not dying."
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 17, 2018, 02:46:17 pm »

"Tina... when we're far from an exit point and with limited gear is /not/ the time to test if you can control a robot inside a castle field. All bringing her into the field while she's online is going to do is risk mission failure at worst, or the bot getting destroyed at best."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 17, 2018, 04:35:09 pm »

"Well." Danh interjects. "If you do end up bringing it in, I can put a small, low-yield charge in it's brain or...CPU, or whatever. I'd keep the remote handy. That way, you can still have it around, and if it goes haywire, click." The man suggests, snapping his fingers to add emphasis to the last word. "Put down before it does anything too bad."

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 17, 2018, 05:39:59 pm »

Kaito nods. "I'd prefer to just leave her out altogether to avoid possibly wasting the resources. But if Tina's insistent, at least the testing might give us some useful data. I do want you to rig Priscilla though Dahn. And keep the remote yourself, Tina might have a harder time pressing the button to destroy the bot if it comes to it."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 17, 2018, 08:08:51 pm »

"Sure." Danh looks to Tina expectantly, waiting for her input.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 17, 2018, 11:11:22 pm »

"No! No no no! You are not putting a... a... a bomb, in her! Especially not on her Northbridge components."
Tina is... a bit upset.
"The repair cost alone would surpass her total value. A-at least with Southbridge it's just the IO controllers. But that would also do extensive damage to her motherboard. And repairing that... it takes time, okay."
Tina points at Priscilla.
"J-just shoot the body. She's got power cables, and those are easy to r-replace. No bombs, I... I don't even know if we have any... a-apart from the demo charge."
Tina calms down a bit, but is still upset at the suggestion.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 18, 2018, 12:38:52 am »

"Tina, you're suggesting we take a robot that's stronger than us into a field that's known to make robots and drones go haywire. Doing so is already probably writing her off as a loss, trying to stop us from taking precautions in case she does go haywire as expected is just going to mean we'll have a higher risk of one of us getting injured."

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 18, 2018, 09:21:22 am »

"I've got a whole pack of different kinds." Danh sighs, patting his demolitions kit. "I could definitely put a small charge in its torso. Something really local that wouldn't destroy it, just disable it. You'd just have to let me,
and show me a good spot."
Then, with a shrug, he adds, "Ultimately, I don't think it has to tag along anyways."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 09:23:20 am by Bill Chompski »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 18, 2018, 10:15:40 am »

"Tina, it's up to you. If you wanna bring it, that's cool. But you'll be responsible. If you do you should have at least 1 failsafe in place. It should be your decision""
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 18, 2018, 10:30:00 am »

“You know what, let’s leave this to a vote, because this could risk EVERYBODY’s life. One that won’t pressure anyone, and gives a clear understanding of what will be accepted. Everyone PM me an answer to these questions. No explanations of why. Just a yes or no.”

Vigil paused for a second as he gathered his thoughts.

“Question one. Would you feel comfortable with Bringing Priscilla along, with the knowledge that there is a chance she may go rogue and attack us?
Question two. Would you be alright with putting Priscilla down, by any means necessary, if she does go rogue?
Question three. If Priscilla is brought with us, would you like a fail safe put in her, to disable her, quickly, and in as safe a way as possible?
Question four. If we do leave her behind, since she is valuable company property, would you be willing to split our squad in two, in order to make sure nothing happens to her, while we are gone?

That last question in not negotiable. We already left our vehicles behind, and we have no way of knowing if they have been manipulated, buried, or destroyed, while we have been gone. I will not risk that, unnecessarily, with something that a teammate holds dearly. I will count the votes up in five minutes, or whenever I get them al in. Whichever Comes first.”
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 18, 2018, 10:55:37 am »

"Th-the strength isn't... much higher. W-we're all wearing power armor. B-besides, we're wearing suits. It'll take time to remove it. Even more to clear space for a bomb."
Tina grabs Priscilla's gun, and points at it's empty magwell.
"Th-there is a precaution. The gun isn't loaded."
Then the voting thing comes.
"Y-you know... what I'm going to vote."
Tina taps on her text interface unit.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 103