Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54375 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]
« Reply #840 on: May 14, 2018, 12:14:39 am »

Vigil looks as well, not intending to shoot it, but hack off whatever looks to be the head, for Frazz.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 14, 2018, 07:35:42 am »

"Oooooh yeah. Now THIS is my kinda work."

Frazz readied his sample kit and goes to town on the corpse. He'll use his survival knife to crack into the hard-to-reach places.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:02:16 am by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 14, 2018, 10:01:28 am »

Danh did not see any movement, and he kept kicking until he finds the body. Its' a little bit at first, but after kicking it several more times and seeing the oozing blue blood, it seemed safe enough to say that the thing is dead.

Priscilla boots up with no problem, the little twitching corrects itself and running a scan shows no sign of corruption.

The squad digs out the body, and indeed it was the size of a horse, pretty big thing. The creature have dense, bundled cords of muscle, ones that seemed good to make bursts of very quick movements. As well as very large, retractable talons that pierced Danh's armor.

But what's the most interesting about it appears to be small scales connected to the body that appears to be able to retract tightly to itself, you witness as it's shimmering, mirror-like effect slowly fade as life drains from it, turning the scales into dull grey that is entirely useless as camouflage.

You located the entrance wound from Danh's MAG on it's face, the powerful MAG rounds have turned the creature's face into hamburger. You're quite certain not even it's own mother can recognize it now. Eesh, good shot Danh. The brain is also lost from the damage, but oh well.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 14, 2018, 10:06:32 am »

"Yeah, that's dead!" Danh laughs, smiling behind his helmet. He takes a few photos of it, one with his hand in frame, giving a thumbs up.
Dropping his gun to the snow, and eagerly taking out the standard issue knife that everyone gets, the man starts to brutishly slice and hack at one of its talons, trying to remove it.
"Face doesn't look that different though. Caught a glimpse, the thing's just as disgusting now as it was then." He adds, now with a light chuckle.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 14, 2018, 10:09:29 am »

It takes a bit of creative poking and hacking, the damned thing's bundled muscles are like damned Kevlar weave. Very tough to chew through with the knife, hitting it in the face probably was it's weakspot.

But Soon enough Danh managed to cut out of one it's claw down to the root and it looked like a baby elephant's tusk, had baby elephant had tusks. Feels pretty heavy, and a nasty pointy tip. Probably why it's got enough kinetic force behind it to draw blood.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 14, 2018, 10:09:56 am »

"Well Shit. Guess we aren't getting cheap cloaking technology that easily. Here, Vigil, see if you can get off its head. Even if the brains blown to bits a look at it's skull will give us a general idea of what sort of brain this thing was packing "

Frazz, meanwhile, takes his survival knife and starts working it through the skin of the creature. He'll take a sample from the underbelly, the upper and lower back, as well as from the face and forelegs. He'll also grab some of its blood.

"Shame we don't have time to crack this guy open. I'd love to get a look at its organs. Why would it's blood be blue? The only species we have back on Earth with blood like this is Horseshoe crabs and a few other invertebrates. But this things way too complex to be able to survive off hemocyanin oxygenation alone... and this obviously isnt hemocyanin anyway. Its freaking acidic! Thankfully not strong enough to burn through our suits, but probably enough to wreck human flesh."

"Danh, get me one of those too."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:11:52 am by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 14, 2018, 10:14:15 am »

Frazz finds that his survival knife is inadequate in cutting into the darned thing with any sense of speed, and had to use the energy scalpel to at least make the cutting bearable.

Meanwhile, Vigil finds that just hacking his sword at it really isn't doing the job. He made some shallow cuts into it's neck, but the damned thing's got a pretty thick neck.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:16:13 am by vkiNm »

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 14, 2018, 10:16:43 am »

"Sure." Danh replies, working on another talon. He doesn't sound that hostile, after the grand success. "You're not taking the whole body,
right? Just some scales here and there, and a talon?"
He asks, before jamming his blade into the gums of the beast, trying to dig out some teeth once Vigil finishes trying to cut it.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 14, 2018, 10:18:20 am »

"Alas, we're gonna have to leave this fine specimen behind."
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 14, 2018, 10:22:36 am »

“I think this will not work out well. Frazz just get what samples you can. I am going to just scan and record what I can. I can’t afford to make this blunt. After that, we should keep moving. The longer we stay out here, the more I will freeze my ba- butt off.” Vigil says, before starting a log of his findings, and describing, in as exsact detail as possible, how the creature ambushed them, the apparent use of the scales to do so, and how it died.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 14, 2018, 10:26:16 am »

"Let's mark this area on the maps, just in case we end being able to get back to it." Danh says hopefully, handing the extra talon off to Frazz, before stashing the teeth and his own talon away.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 14, 2018, 10:31:43 am »

[Tina Murdoch + Priscilla]

"H-how about we just..."
Tina presses a few buttons, and Priscilla goes up to the beast. Then Tina goes to the opposite side. They crouch down to grab it.
"Heave... ho!"
[Commando 70] The two of them lift the big creature, and they then start walking out of the forest with it.
"We're here for... a while, anyway. A little extra wont hurt."
Tina is much more confident in her ability to lift, it seems.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 14, 2018, 10:41:05 am »

Picking his gun back up, and wiping his knife cleanish on his suit (which already has a lot of the blue blood on it)
 Danh starts following the two carrying the corpse.
"When we get to the next place we're staying,
I'm going to take its hide."
He announces.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 14, 2018, 03:05:21 pm »

"Nope. We gotta keep that for the lab."
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 14, 2018, 03:08:37 pm »

"We'll need to clean and dress it soon anyway if we want to properly preserve any part of it." Kaito would say calmly, turning to begin leading them forward once more. "Come on, next clear area we find we'll set down camp for a bit. Better to do it sooner, at least that's what I always heard about hunting. If you don't dress it quick, the organs can start making everything go off."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 103