Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54379 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]
« Reply #825 on: May 13, 2018, 10:22:55 am »

“A trace implies direction. I think the trace we are looking for is the minute distortion that I had found. That means the most we can do is keep on our guard, or find a way to predict-“
Suddenly Vigil gets an idea, and runs through the various wiki-arrivals, how to’s and anthropology papers he could access, to see if he can predict, from just the previous distortion, and from the attack on Dahl, the process that the creature goes through to choose its targets.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: May 13, 2018, 11:30:19 am »

Gun back in his hand, Danh pushes himself up with a grunt, and quickly hurries to an open spot on the edge of the group, being one of the mission's soldiers and all.
"Was...that one of those...four, dee things!?" He asks, still sounding somewhat disoriented.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: May 13, 2018, 11:52:25 am »

[Tina Murdoch + Priscilla]

"N-no... can't do that. It takes time, and... busy."
Tina points her pistol from side to side, before looking in the direction of the castle.
"L-let's not forget... our target."
Tina raises her pistol, so she's not pointing at anyone, but still ready to point, should anything come.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: May 13, 2018, 02:20:16 pm »

“I know, Tina. I know where we are headed, and the risks of having that thing active when we get there, but that’s a risk you decided that we would take when you brought it with you. Anyway, how long would it take to get it set up. It may be far more useful, now, than I gave it credit for.”
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: May 13, 2018, 03:33:26 pm »

Kaito nodded, getting his gun up and starting to look around the area. "We can turn priscilla back off again before we move on if you're worried, but right now we could use the extra strength. I think we need to handle whatever this is before we move on. Not sure I want to walk further into the unknown while something invisible is taking potshots at us."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: May 13, 2018, 06:01:14 pm »

"Well, that's the fucking issue," Danh begins, aiming his gun up, ready to shoot at any flickers of movement he spots. "The something invisible is invisible. We can only kinda see it SOMETIMES. We can't fight something we can't even begin to aim at! Unless that robot has a special radar or shit, or anyone has any good ideas, we should run. If we stay here, we're just going to get thrown into more trees!"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: May 13, 2018, 07:36:24 pm »

With Adrenaline pumping, eyes dilating and going on full combat mode, Danh could catch a quick blur on the edge of his vision again from the side that he crashed into, mentally and physically prepared, he was already turned with his MAG raised towards the white blur.

For the briefest of moments, if his brain were able to process what he's seeing fast enough, he might've preferred to only see it as a white blur.

Launched straight towards him was a creature the size of a horse, it's powerful-looking, muscular forelegs with frighteningly long talon-like claws outstretched towards him and half of it's face looked like an extra ugly predator's mouth, closed tightly. Small, numerous shimmering scales extends from it's body, revealing taught bundle of muscle and fur.

The others, again, would only see a blur of white launching itself towards Danh. Some aren't even looking in that direction, either covering other directions or booting up with Drones.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: May 13, 2018, 07:38:33 pm »

"Ugh... f-fine."
Tina puts Priscilla on the ground, and starts booting her up.
[Drones 34] It's uncertain if it's due to pressure, or remaining anomalies from last time it went rogue. But the booting up is taking it's time, and Priscilla's twitching every now and then.
"G-gonna... uh..."

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: May 13, 2018, 07:44:03 pm »

[Small Arms 109]
Gripping his gun, Danh starts to scream "CONT-", before he's cut off. Partially by a deafening burst of automatic fire pouring into the thing by his gun, and partially by said thing ramming into his torso at dangerous speeds.
He goes sailing into the woods about twenty or thirty feet as he's hit, like before.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: May 13, 2018, 07:47:36 pm »

This time, however, both Danh and the 'thing' crashes into a snowbank harmlessly. Well, more harmless than crashing into a tree.

Snow buried the thing entirely while Danh just simply phlots out through the other side, on his ass but relatively unharmed with gun still in hand.

There are large splatter of dark blue that looked almost like a Blue pen's ink at the point of contact as well as the snowbank. And a sizable amount on Danh too.

Good news is that whatever it is, it does not appear to be eating through his suit.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: May 13, 2018, 08:04:06 pm »

Tina is removing the restraints on Priscilla. She'll be able to attack immediately if rogue, but it means she wont have to free her after booting, saving time.
"B-booting is slow. If I had time... I could've fixed this."
Tina occasionally glances at her screen, it's stuttering.
"I-I'm risking... virus, here."

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: May 13, 2018, 08:47:28 pm »

Stella draws her Gauss Rifle and looks to see if any blood is soaking through the snow. If there is, she'll shoot there to hopefully keep it down.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: May 13, 2018, 11:53:46 pm »

“Frazz, I guess you are up. Might as well collect samples. Darn? You alright? Didn’t break any bones did you? That looked rather nasty.” Vigil said as he jogged over to check on the man.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: May 14, 2018, 12:01:15 am »

Kaito would keep his gun tracking around, watching in case whatever was shot wasn't alone.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: May 14, 2018, 12:03:11 am »

With a grunt, Danh scrambles up off the ground, waving a hand almost dismissively at Vigil. "Yeah, yeah, fine, let's just confirm the shit is dead!" He exclaims, tone bordering on excitement.
Quickly jogging over to the snowbank, he points his gun at it, looking for signs of movement or life, while seemingly unaware of Stella pointing her death-cannon at the area. With one foot, he roughly kicks at the snow, trying to find the body.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 103