Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54386 times)

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]
« Reply #720 on: April 03, 2018, 11:09:15 am »

Tent UI is a major part of their design, particularly since rich tourists like to use these things. Under normal circumstances, it would be little effort to set up one of these tents - find somewhere relatively flat, plug it in, and set it down, the sensors would do the rest.

Unfortunately, only one of the snowmobiles near Danh was running, and it just ate Frazz. You're definitely supposed to turn the engines off on these before you plug in the tent. It's not really that dangerous though, if you avoid the 'top', but you're still moving a bit more slowly and cautiously.

Ricardo and Vigil dig themselves out. There are no lights on their snowmobile, the reactor must have switched off to avoid an explosion. It's nose is dented in sharply, and it's going to need serious repairs, along with almost all of the others.

Snow is falling onto Frazz's now exposed lining, a form fitting synthetic worn beneath these kinds of armor. It's unpleasantly cold and wet. Breathing is still difficult with the broken ribs, even through the mask, and he struggles for each clean breath.

Stella, roll command to try to ram the snowmobile into something.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 03, 2018, 11:52:57 am »

Vigil took this time to try to get the snowmobile in working. He managed to do the same with the suit before, so it couldn’t be that hard, now could it?

It took him a moment to realize that it was very hard.

“Tina, wanna switch?  You deal with a robot and that kinda stuff, and I took a few medical courses.might be a better idea.”
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 11:56:21 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 03, 2018, 12:13:07 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina hands Vigil the Autodoc.
"Y-yes. I can fix... the suit, not the person."
Then she takes out her multitool, and gets working on the snowmobiles.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 03, 2018, 12:32:08 pm »

Void
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 12:40:58 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 03, 2018, 05:24:27 pm »

[Command 70] Stella--relatively gently--nudged the snowmobile into a nearby snowbank without any damage to her own. The other one probably wasn't any more damaged than it was previously, too.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 04, 2018, 09:41:09 pm »

Soon enough, your camp was made. Frazz occupied the first tent, while the rest of the team had access to a second. You'd be here for at least a day, getting Frazz and the snowmobiles fully functional, and the remaining two tents needed their snowmobiles repaired before they'd have life support.

Frazz lay on a stretcher bed, sedated. A large needle poked into his chest, and arms at either end extended to secure and set bones, while a nozzle applied quick-setting artificial bone between them. Vigil slowly oversaw the procedure, while Tina looked at getting the power supply up on another bike.

What were the rest of you doing for the next few hours?

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 04, 2018, 09:44:17 pm »

Danh sits down, hopefully in or around a tent of his own.
"This is bullshit." He announces, maybe more to himself than anyone else, arms folded, hunched over in a criss-cross sitting position.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 04, 2018, 10:03:40 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

[Engineering 85] Tina's getting some good progress in the fixing. These problems are simple to her, it's nothing like the complex servo setup that androids use. And it's a mainstream model too. Meaning the user manual is streamlined so well even a normie could fix it. Unlike finding the problems on a niche market and extensively customized android.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 05, 2018, 12:08:18 am »

Danh may well find the tent uncomfortably crowded. Built to comfortably hold two each, the tents could sit a bunch of people out of armor close together. This was Stella and Kaito's tent, and for now, it was probably uncomfortably full.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 05, 2018, 05:31:11 am »

Stella is standing for now, allowing her heart rate to decrease slowly as opposed to the rapid drop it would experience from sitting. “Danh. I do not think that such declarations are constructive. What exactly would you like to be changed?”

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 05, 2018, 07:38:04 am »

((Am I conscious now? Cus if so...))

Frazz weakly raises an arm, finger extended
"Too...be fair Stella... *cough*... this isn't the best... situation... for anyone..."
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 05, 2018, 07:11:39 pm »

Tight spaces aside, it may be wise to set up watches. Tina, Vigil, and Frazz are otherwise engaged, and not able to participate in the watch. At most 2 people can sleep through first watch, then four in second, but by the last watch, any number could sleep.

How did you plan to set watches?

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 05, 2018, 07:18:41 pm »

Kaito would think a bit, then nod to himself. "Dahn, Boiy you're with me on first watch, then Stella, you and Ricardo take second, I'll pass you my Gauss when we change watches, just in case. Then after yours, Dahn and I will get back up for the last one. Neither of us are driving, so even if we have to get going quick it won't have as much effect on our traveling.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 07:21:14 pm by JaxtalMK2 »
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 05, 2018, 10:02:25 pm »

"Watches?" Danh asks, frowning behind his helmet. "Watches for what, more of those bird-moose? And whatever apes were in that cave back there? I say we just all get as much rest as we can, and finish the goddamn trip tomorrow without any issue, like we were going to today."

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 05, 2018, 10:05:24 pm »

"Historically, that is an unwise idea," Stella says without looking at Danh.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 103