Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54390 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]
« Reply #660 on: March 17, 2018, 09:37:03 am »

“Don’t jump to conclusions, Frazz. There are plenty of cases, in the history of earth, of one invention being made by two people at two separate times, without either knowing what the other is doing. And of evolution creating two similar creatures in two different areas. More samples. . . Ricardo, can we borrow one of your knives?”
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 17, 2018, 11:34:10 am »

"Vigil, my man, there's a gigantic difference between two people on the same planet, of the same species, having the same idea,  and  for two different planets to not only have extremely similar climates, but have a virtually identical species. Evolution's a crapshoot man. Coincidences rarely, if ever , happen, and even those can be explained by looking through genetic history."

Frazz activates the Sample Kit in the name of !!SCIENCE!! to collect samples of a nearby tree.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 17, 2018, 04:22:15 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina follows the group outside.
"But the conditions are different. The atmosphere. Could this be convergent evolution... or did aliens transfer trees?"
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #663 on: March 17, 2018, 10:44:26 pm »

"I have heard of theories on the cesspool of the internet that aliens were responsible for a lot of things, but being responsible for trees is a new one. Who knows, they may not actually be fir trees, they could just be similar.""
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 18, 2018, 01:26:11 am »

These looked just like the trees on earth, though even working together Frazz and Vigil couldn't figure out the genus, though new genuses form frequently in the plant world. Reluctantly, they think they'll need to do genetic testing in the lab to be sure if this is convergent evolution or a genetic relative of earth trees.[Biology 37]

John Boiy's eyes were drawn elsewhere. Gazing up towards the sky, it became apparent to him. That's no moon. The body in the sky, a dull and ancient sun, white now, and faded. Looking around, this wasn't a particularly bright moonlight, but a particularly dim daylight. That star was old, it seems. It wouldn't have more than a few million years left. [Astrophysics 89]

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 18, 2018, 08:07:17 am »

“Frazz, we will leave this to the labs. In fact, when we get back, we can have a science-off. See who can prove their theory to the most concise degree. In the mean time, we should get moving clear off a good parameter around the cave. Right?” He said, turning his head to Ricardo. It’s obvious, now, he is a bit used to throwing out opinions, but running only the good ones through his friend.

“Where there are trees, there are things that live off the trees. And if [New Australia] has thought me anything, its that you don’t always want to have a- you don’t always want to meet the locals with your back turned.”

The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 18, 2018, 12:11:11 pm »

Sola thinks for a moment. "Although speculation is relatively pointless, it is clear that extradimensional qualities exist. Perhaps these plants were not transported to or from Earth. Perhaps, instead, they spontaneously appeared here due to extradimensional meddling."

Sola keeps watching the treeline.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 18, 2018, 07:43:36 pm »

"Either could be a possibility. It would be interesting indeed though, if it was these trees that were the ancestors of our own. It would make me begin to be curious if we ourselves were transplants. But for now we need to focus. Do your scans come up with any animal life? Making sure the gate is secure should be our priority."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 18, 2018, 11:36:53 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina looks around for any landmarks. But it's forest, so...
Tina scans for castle signals. Along with anything other mysterious signal.
Surely they didn't put a gate here without something important to justify the gate's existence.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 19, 2018, 05:04:53 am »

Tina's scan was able to pinpoint the local castle effect as not leaving the caverns, maybe 100m out from the gate. Standing on the surface, she constructed a detailed topography, showing icy plains and thick woods. 200km out, there was another castle effect. A square reticle and distance marker appeared on everyone's helmet screens.

Tina was also able to pick up thermal signs of alien bipeds moving swiftly away, or clustering in small groups in the forests nearby. The data was transmitted, allowing everyone to see them as colored outlines added to the image in 3D, making them simple to follow. There seemed to be twelve or so. [Sensors 117]

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 19, 2018, 06:49:11 am »

"If the figures are attempting to evade us, they may not be hostile. They may, however, be getting into formation. I recommend closer observation before any hostilities, if we can. They are not emitting a castle signal, after all."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 19, 2018, 07:20:21 am »

“Someone remind me to read through the debriefing, when we get back. Anyway, is it me, or are there two castes on this planet. Anyone ever remember there being two castles in an area?”

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 19, 2018, 08:56:04 am »

"Considering their level of tech, I'd say they'd probably be either afraid of us or see us as gods. Regardless, let's handle this with caution."
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 19, 2018, 10:04:39 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"T-two hundred... kilometers. We don't scan that far... usually. There could be more elsewhere, even... Mars."
Tina is ready to move on with the group. Those aliens rely on rocks, and not very big ones either, so they're probably harmless.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 19, 2018, 10:54:38 am »

"How about we get going before the sun goes down"
Boiy is gonna move with the group, the aliens might use rocks but that doesnt mean that they are harmless
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 103