Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54391 times)

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]
« Reply #645 on: March 16, 2018, 03:02:21 am »

The team emerged into a cave. It was deserted, but the air was filled with distant, bestial sounds.

The cave was some kind of animal den, you think. Straw was gathered into piles. A shaped rock lay forgotten near smashed nuts. The cave wasn't particularly deep, and you could see the stars outside, beyond the vines dangling in front of the cave's mouth. Arching high above you, the alien symbols of the gateroom shifted and glowed, as the portal swirled and vanished.

Initial readings showed that the atmosphere had a number of toxic compounds. You wouldn't need space suits here, regular armor would be fine.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 03:19:22 am by retromach »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 16, 2018, 08:13:12 am »

Vigil looked around, trying to guess at what kind of creature might have lived in this area.
What kind of tracks did it leave? Was there more than one? Was it. Bipedal? Was it intelligent?
The rock pointed to a yes, and the nuts to a herbivore, but, he needed to be sure, if only to know if they should put a turret facing the entrance or outside of it.

Look for small clues as to what kind of animal lived in the cave.

“Can someone take some of that straw? Might hold some clue as to what lives here, if not be dna traces of the local flora.”
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 16, 2018, 09:25:18 am »

"Well. We should probably check outside. See what the great outdoors has for us.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 16, 2018, 09:37:04 am »

Danh cautiously moves around, firearm at the ready. He checks the corners and ceiling.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 16, 2018, 09:48:22 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

The suit stays on, better safe than sorry.
Tina looks around, so primitive, this is monkey tech, shouldn't pose too much of a challenge, and they're probably about human size, otherwise they'd just chew or smash the nuts without tools.
Tina listens to the bestial sounds, to see if there's any language to it, or just some common beast. Linguistics 1, after all.
Tina will also follow the party if they go outside.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 16, 2018, 10:05:46 am »

Frazz remembers to actually do his job and goes over to the nest area. He'll look through the straw, see if theirs any hair/feathers/scales/whatever for him to collect with the Sample Kit.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 16, 2018, 02:03:03 pm »

Sola will also check outside. Best to have a buddy and all that. Plus, her rifle works better in open areas.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 16, 2018, 02:07:05 pm »

Kaito would move nearer to the cave entrance, staying a bit to the side where he could watch those working inside. Covering the scientists there while Sola covered outside the cave.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 16, 2018, 03:11:14 pm »

Danh doesn't find any hostiles in the cave.

Goldman looks through the next, finding little more than dried out grass. He can collect a sample if he likes.

Vigil isn't able to determine much from what he's seeing here. It seems like a group lived here, maybe 8-10, and that they kept roughly-shaped stones. [Biology 42]

Tina is confident that the sounds she heard aren't from a language. [Linguistics 95]

Sola stepped out into a ragged woodland dominated by sparse fir trees. Her boots crunched into frosty earth and snow.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 10:44:20 pm by retromach »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 16, 2018, 10:39:20 pm »

Meh. There'll be better things to cut apart and study later probably.

"Yo, Sola, hold up!"
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 16, 2018, 10:46:18 pm »

"Earth trees," remarks Sola, not venturing out too far. She scans the treeline for any movement or strange shapes, just in case.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 16, 2018, 11:05:32 pm »

Vigil stepped out, into the open, after having done his examinations.
“We should probably assume that there are 10 of them, and they are armed. Most likely with sticks and sharp rocks. I don’t think we will need to set up a turret, but I recommend it anyway, inside the cave. Might scare them off, if we are trying to make a hasty retreat.”

He looked up, finally realizing that he is seeing a tree that looks like something he had read about in books.
“Is that what i think it is?”
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 16, 2018, 11:22:16 pm »

Kaito walked out to stand next to Sola. "Mmm, snowy too. But doesn't look like it's always a frozen wasteland." He'd scan the trees, humming softly. "Well, at the least the local area doesn't seem to hold real threats. I doubt sticks and stones would get past our suits.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 17, 2018, 12:15:48 am »

"Fucking snow." Danh comments, stepping outside, looking around.
"Glad we have these suits."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 17, 2018, 08:23:35 am »

Frazz will also step out to see what's up and also create a more movie-sequel shot of the whole team gazing in wonder at their surroundings
"Holy Shiznuts, that's a fir tree! I can't even remember the last time I saw a real tree."
Frazz takes a moment to admire the view until...
"Wait... this means that something or someone has transported for trees through the portal. Either from earth to here or from here to earth. That's... a bit worrisome. I wonder what other critters on our planet aren't natives."
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 103