Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54267 times)

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]
« Reply #1425 on: August 06, 2018, 03:09:28 pm »

"It would be preferable, but not necessary."

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 06, 2018, 03:13:10 pm »

There is definitely a camera. As to traps? None visible inside the lift.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1427 on: August 06, 2018, 03:15:33 pm »

“Did we have control over the camera system?” Ricardo will draw a knife and approach the camera
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 06, 2018, 03:22:56 pm »

"Not yet, we'll need to find a security console before we can have that. Though to be fair there's cameras all throughout the facility, it's not like they won't know we got on the lift if they're paying attention." Kaito said, just stepping on and waiting.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1429 on: August 06, 2018, 03:28:11 pm »

Ricardo will destroy the camera. “Even if they know we’re on the lift, now they don’t know who is where.”
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 06, 2018, 05:13:46 pm »

”Shall we go straight to Operations or secure other areas of the facility first?”

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1431 on: August 06, 2018, 08:18:47 pm »

“Has anyone got the schematics of the facility? There may be another entry point that a small team could surprise them from after the main force distracts them.”

Ricardo will bring the schematics onto his HUD. “Hey stella, if Vigil and I take the vents as a surprise route, do you think you could hack the vent bots or keep them off our arse?”
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:02:04 pm by Insanegame27 »

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 06, 2018, 09:12:55 pm »

"I cannot hack the ground drones from here. The ground drone control is somewhere else within the facility--presumably, Operations." She checks the schematics to see if they say anything.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 06, 2018, 10:03:38 pm »

"And operations would also likely give us camera control.. as well as being a good place for the hostage takers to be holding up. Any way it seems like the best first stop."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 06, 2018, 10:49:33 pm »

“I love how everyone ignored my idea to go scouting around just for it to be brought up and ignored again.”
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 07, 2018, 01:46:46 am »

https://youtu.be/A84-wCLLVjQ?t=1

[With apologies, youtube embedding seems to have become disabled on Bay 12]

The elevator rose slowly up the mountainside, giving you the time to talk. It was pleasant enough, as you argued about your strategic approach, thinking perhaps, back at Terra Cimmeria, you ought to have come up with a plan for after you got into the facility.

Fortunately, any such self-aware introspection abruptly halted when the elevator entered freefall.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:52:55 am by retromach »

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 07, 2018, 01:51:05 am »

Danh shouts loudly, in surprise, then screams loudly for a few moments. Desperately grasping at the sides of the elevator, he yells, "Our suits can withstand something like this, right?!"

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 07, 2018, 01:53:48 am »

Naturally, there's no armor that can protect you fully from a hard landing. If the brain experiences enough g forces, it's just crushed by it's own weight. Though at least in Martian gravity you had some time, you were definitely getting faster.

The elevator music did not stop.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 07, 2018, 02:15:42 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina, seeing that this is basically a closed box, no way to brace for impact while inside, tries to cut herself out of the box.
[Engineering 61] Tina activates her multitool, and cuts a hole in the roof.
After that, it's time to decide how to bail from or stop the elevator.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1439 on: August 07, 2018, 02:52:51 am »

Ricardo follows Tina out through the roof and jumps for the counter-cable, intending to balance gravity with a loose grip on the cable to lower himself to the others safely.
[Martial arts 26]
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 103