Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54276 times)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]
« Reply #1350 on: July 25, 2018, 01:17:40 pm »

Crunching himself down behind a large hunk of rock, Danh hastily loads his MAG with polarized rounds, and peeks around his cover to spray a messily aimed blast of bullets at the turrets.
"Motherfucker, grenades would've been useful!" The man laments as he darts back into cover.
[Small Arms 37]

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 25, 2018, 01:35:10 pm »

Vigil, on a roll, pulled the most anime-esk move he could think of. A mad rush to sweep down the drones aiming to destroy his comrades, with high Gs and mad spins.
[command=78, Laser=66]
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1352 on: July 25, 2018, 02:45:17 pm »

“Frazz I’m gonna need more cover and cooling for it. You have non caustic glue?”
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 25, 2018, 03:08:28 pm »

Stella’ll take shots at whichever turret is closest to Ricardo’s position. [Small arms 60]

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 25, 2018, 03:11:36 pm »

Kaito swapped to lasers as he twisted and spiraled, turning and blazing his way through a cloud of our own drones to try and shake his tail free. He'd fire short bursts of lasers, not feeling he had the ability to line up proper plasma shots while bucking and twisting so quickly. (Commando = 71 laser = 26)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 28, 2018, 08:42:56 am »

One of Tina's drones exploded. An enemy drone flew out through the blast. [Tina Drones 37 vs Enemy Drones 40]

Still definitely on a roll, Vigil tracked his laser, shooting down one enemy drone, then another, then a third, keeping his beam steady between wild maneuvers. [Vigil Command 78, Vigil Lasers 65, Enemy Drones 27+15 hardness vs lasers = 42]

Kaito was able to keep in position, but wasn't able to get a lock onto any enemy fighters, forced to focus broadly on formation. [Command 71, Lasers 26]

The next wing arrived! Tina's forces table showed 24 enemy drones against 14 enemy drones and two special units.

Stella's shots impacted off of the armored turrets. Danh's shots crack some of the martian rocks behind them. Melon and fist sized stones tumbled past you down the steep mountain slope into the churning storm of dust below. [Stella Small arms 60, Danh Small arms 37]

The lasers shift, rotating towards the two of them in wide arcs. Dust and stone sparked and ignited as the beams drew along the terrain, sending up smoke and dust. Stella and Danh, roll commando to dive for cover! If you get over 40, you may return fire. If you get less than 30, you'll be hit. Others on the ground may freely fire.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 28, 2018, 09:06:03 am »

Stella dives for a rocky outcropping. [Commando 82]

"Perhaps we should request a strike on the turrets from our drones."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 28, 2018, 09:10:16 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"Third wave, should be the last."
Tina has the drones form up and attack the new drones. Figuring their tight formation would make it a worthy target.
[Drones 29] The move leaves many drones vulnerable, traveling in a predictable direction.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 28, 2018, 09:11:57 am »

"Ricardo, my man, anything for you. Someone gimme a Multitool. Mine flew out the hatch."
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1359 on: July 28, 2018, 09:12:23 am »

Ricardo steps out from his cover, arrow on the string. He targets the closest turret, draws and fires all in one motion.
[roll: d110+15, result 125]

His helmet cam is, naturally, rolling.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 28, 2018, 11:22:02 am »

As bright beams of light and heat begin to blast towards him, Danh quickly swings to the side, and then makes a full sprint to nearby boulder. At the last second, he trips on a rock, and luckily falls into relative safety, behind cover.
[Commando 32]

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 28, 2018, 11:39:31 am »

“Crap! There are too many of them, and my luck won’t hold forever. Tina, Do something!”
Vigil shouted through the comms as he fired off plasma rounds into the buzzing crowds of dimes, hoping to hit the one of the two different looking ones. [command=49, plasma=15]
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 01, 2018, 05:15:52 pm »

This new wing seems to have reviewed Tina's strategy, and came in a formation to disrupt it. Plasma bolts left wisps of smoke following them into the upper atmosphere as they hailed through your position. Four of your fighters were destroyed before the enemy force returned to the dogfight. [Tina Drones 29 vs Enemy Drones 61]

Vigil panicked and shouted, going into a spin. His plasma fire shot wide as the enemy craft streaked up through your ranks, detonating two more allied ships. [Command 49, Plasma 15]

It was all Kaito could do to avoid crashing with the debris. Twenty four enemy drones remain, and only ten of yours.

Well, it looked insane, but Ricardo fired his bow at a laser turret. It swung, and the arrowhead managed to catch in the front of the protective barrel. It instantly melted, transferring the laser's heat up through the barrel and into the mechanism. It exploded.

Stella dove in for cover, but delayed, waiting for a better opening. Danh did much the same. Frazz crouched beside Ricardo, bothering him for a new multitool.

The remaining laser swung back towards the two of them. Frazz and Ricardo, make commando rolls! Less than 30, you get hit. More 40 or more, you can also fire a weapon.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 01, 2018, 05:30:43 pm »

Vigil cursed out loud and punched his thrusters the second he had a steady stomach. As he tried harder at thinning their numbers, he tried to make a mental note of how many enemies they were facing.
(Command=26, plasma= 3]

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 01, 2018, 05:58:19 pm »

Danh slips around his cover for just the briefest moment, and essentially blind-fires at the turrets.
[Small arms 24]
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 103