Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54299 times)

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]
« Reply #1320 on: July 11, 2018, 11:48:10 pm »

Kaito focused mainly on keeping on track, ready to evade if necessary, but wanting to get spotted. After all, we were the big distraction here. (Command 51) At the same time he began to fire away at any targets that came into focus with the laser weaponry onboard, harassing and trying to cut down the numbers that would be up against our own wings. (Laser 60)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 12, 2018, 02:11:06 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina sends the drones ahead to deal with the drones ahead. They can tank hits from behind, but up front, it might hit a pilot.
[Drones 86] And the fight is on.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 12, 2018, 11:53:50 am »

The wings of drones met, weapons blazing. The wing ahead split into two groups, firing from either flank, and preparing to come around as Tina's drones punched through, still heading towards the facility, with a wing now on their backs. A pair of her fighters were shot down by plasma volleys. (Enemy 104 vs Tina 86)

Vigil Henderson and Kaito Yoritomo kept tight in the formation, well protected by surrounding fighters, able to keep out of trouble. Drones screened you, keeping you broadly from fire, and allowing you places to move. (Kaito Command 51, Vigil Command 59)

Kaito fired his laser turret and swung it aside as the enemies banked, keeping a drone under a continuous beam for long seconds. It's armor finally gave, and a hole melted. Exposed to the laser, the delicate electronics inside lit aflame and exploded, sending a cored husk tumbling towards the martian surface below. (Kaito Laser 60 vs Enemy Drone 39 +15 hardness vs lasers)

Vigil veered to fire a plasma shot at a banking enemy fighter, firing it across the front of your dive formation. Allied drones streaked towards it, sure to collide without swift intervention. (Vigil Plasma 15)

Tina, make a drones check to dodge the plasma, then another to dogfight. Vigil and Kaito, make another command check each to maintain defensive formation, and roll a weapons check of your choice.

Stella's transport dove hard, engines dark. In the back, the passengers were in free fall. Loose cabling from the walls dangled precariously around you. High overhead, two clouds of fighters met, exchanging green plasma fire and explosions. Stella looked up through the viewport in the moments before it was engulfed by dust and she fired the engine. A flawlessly executed maneuver. [Stella Command 83]

The ship came up hard against the passengers, shaking heavily with turbulence and the deafening sound of martian rocks and dust deflecting from polarized plating: a thick, electric rumble, like distant but continuous thunder, just loud enough to shout over.

Stella, make a command check to navigate through the dust storm on maps and minimal sensors alone.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 11:55:49 am by retromach »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 12, 2018, 12:06:22 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina sees the stray plasma shot.
"Eep."
[Drones 107] And with but a few commands, the drones parted, avoiding the plasma shot. Looking downright choreographed, well, technically they were.
"C-careful. You almost hit the drones."

With the plasma shot dealt with, she focuses on the dogfight going on.
[Drones 90] Seems she's riding off her dodge, making the drones flow more smoothly into formation, and lining up her targets.
She even whispers pew pew noises as she's firing them off. Hopefully that wont be recorded and broadcast. Hopefully.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 12, 2018, 12:11:40 pm »

"Aw great, we're all gonna die, in a flying tin can, doing something that isn't our jobs Man, my life sucks"

The distinct lack of panic in Frazzes voice makes it seem like he's more complaining then freaking out.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: July 12, 2018, 12:11:57 pm »

“Crap, sorry. Remanovering for a clearer shot.” Vigil gulped as he tried harder to focus his aim, firing a second round of plasma fire at his foes. [Command=23, Plasma=81]
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:13:29 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: July 12, 2018, 12:12:46 pm »

Danh clenches his seat, his mouth locked shut as he shuts his eyes, waiting to just goddamn arrive already.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: July 12, 2018, 02:56:19 pm »

"It's fine, just be sure your background is clear before firing. The last thing we need is friendly fire." Kaito said, twisting his fighter to keep cover over Vigils, while also trying to stay out of his line of fire. (Command 69) He'd swap to his plasma, waiting for a clear shot into the enemy formation, and taking it, putting the same caution in that he did when firing his gauss rifle. (Plasma 79)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: July 13, 2018, 05:22:44 pm »

The battle was joined. Drones took on long, looping paths, moving like schools of fish, clouds of them chasing one another like wisps. Explosions blasted left and right, as three enemy drones are shot from the sky.  (Tina Drones 90, Enemy Drones 55])

Vigil's fighter banked, and he started chasing a wing of drones. His plasma cannon screeched over and over as he fired plasma blasts, more careening into the upper atmosphere. He shot down another pair of drones. In the intense dogfight, Vigil picked up a bogey. He banked left and right, trying to shake him. (Vigil Plasma 81, Enemy Drones 56, Vigil Command 23)

Kaito chased a bogey, the craft bucking and bouncing Tina in the back, as the drone ahead of him used a particularly crafty evasive pattern. Finally, he locked on, and fired plasma, shredding the drone. (Kaito Plasma 79, Enemy Drones 77, Kaito Command 69)

Eighteen of your drones fought fourteen of theirs, now, as the other group still moved into position. Tina, roll Drones. Kaito and Vigil, attack and command. If Vigil fails his command check, he may be hit!

Stella stared hard ahead, focused on the maps. The blast shields were down over the outer viewport, and she was flying by limited instrumentation alone.

An explosive force rocked the passenger area as a falling drone fighter collided with the side of the lander, sending it into a spiral. A gale blew through the ship as air rushed through a thick rent in the hull, an open tear some five centimeters wide and a meter tall, just beside Danh's arm. Your stomachs wretched as the room spun like a carnival tube, and you were strapped into the walls. Oxygen reserves began to swiftly deplete, alarms went off, and the whole ship shook as dust and sand started pouring in. The thrust and weight changes give Stella -10 dicetype on Command until corrected. (Stella Command 20)

Stella, roll command to stop the spinning! Frazz, roll Engineering to attempt to seal the crack with caustic adhesive!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:28:20 pm by retromach »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: July 13, 2018, 05:54:16 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"We're gaining supremacy. W-we only need to kill a dozen more."
Two off, but it's more a general estimate. Why spend time counting exact numbers when you can focus on fighting?
Tina has the drones move to clear out the drones, try mopping them up.
[Drones 32] It seems the maneuvers from Kaito may have broken Tina's focus, she can't control them as well as she did a moment ago.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: July 13, 2018, 07:24:09 pm »

“I got one on my tail!” Vigil shouted into his mic, as he kicked on his accelerator, pushed on the flight stick, and fingered the trigger for his lasers, ready to blast away anything in his field of view. [command=100, Laser=43]
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: July 13, 2018, 09:30:26 pm »

Stella tries the typical anti-spin maneuvers she's learned, but it doesn't appear to do much when the wind is blowing into the cabin, further complicating things. [Command 27]

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: July 13, 2018, 11:16:18 pm »

"This is the worst mission ever!"

Frazz tries to spray the crack shut, but fails to do so due to the spinning plane

[Engineering=25]
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: July 14, 2018, 01:19:59 pm »

Kaito continued to spin through the battle, trying not to shake Tina up to much as he searched for firing solutions. (Command 88) He'd continue to use his plasma, waiting until he thought his shot was clean before firing each time. Treating it like a very strange gauss rifle. (Plasma 99)

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: July 14, 2018, 05:26:54 pm »

High overhead, the drone battle continued. Drones moved in and out of position, diving and spiraling, neither group able to get the upper hand. (Tina Drones 32 vs Enemy Drones 34)

Vigil bucked and turned, his hand on the monitor controlling the rear laser. He kept it largely trained on the enemy ship, which seemed to eschew evasion to keep him close. Vigil led it handily, and as the laser finally melted a hole in the armor, fire erupted out from it, and another husk fell towards the planet surface. Turning his attention back forward, he fired the front laser into another drone, with similar results, before finding himself already back in formation. (Vigil Command 100, Vigil Laser 43, Drones 15+15 hardness vs lasers)

Kaito, meanwhile, tore through enemy after enemy craft, his trigger discipline greatly rewarded. Their drone controller must have been focused elsewhere, and plasma fire shot through craft after craft, liquefying seven of the hostile craft, each just under a second from the last. (Kaito Command 88, Kaito Plasma 99, Enemy Drones 37)

For the moment you appeared to have decisively won, with 18 of your drones left fighting just 4 of theirs. That is, until the second group arrived. Now there were 24 of them.

The transport was beginning to spin out of control. The ship rocked and buck, and Frazz lost his hold on his multitool. It went tumbling out of the crack, flying off into the stormy oblivion. Unless someone else onboard has a multitool, Frazz will have to abandon repairs. [Engineering 25]

Stella was beginning to lose control of the vehicle. The shifting counterweight pulled the nose of the plane up, widening it's corkscrew into a tall barrel roll some ten meters wide, and widening. If Stella didn't regain control soon, the ship would almost certainly crash. [Stella Command 27]

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 103