Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54338 times)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]
« Reply #1245 on: July 01, 2018, 07:35:10 am »

Danh just nods, staring off at the table as he drinks his spiked coffee.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 01, 2018, 09:11:45 am »

Stella arrives soon after, looking far less unkempt and far less frantic. She simply takes a seat and an apple. She'll check any news related to Akras on her mobile device to see what this might be about.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 01, 2018, 09:35:18 am »

“STELLA! GREAT! How would you feel about getting into the security cameras, if worst come to worst?”
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 01, 2018, 10:07:07 am »

"I am unsure what Akras's view is regarding misuse of company assets in order to aid the company, but, if it is necessary, I will consider it."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 01, 2018, 11:08:20 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"U-um... Priscilla is... d-decommissioned. And... why pick up weapons if... w-we got no mission? We'd just... f-frighten the guards."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 01, 2018, 11:15:36 am »

Frazz shows up, GLOO Cannon clipped to his waist holster

"Can't wait to get back in there. It's been too long. I was starting to get bored poking the same old moths day-in and day-out"
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 01, 2018, 11:26:35 am »

“Wait? You didn’t fix it up, yet? Having trouble with th- anyway, I just have a bad feeling, is all. Also, when is the last time We were called using an emergency call, for a mission? Granted, it’s quiet, but that just could mean that it’s a barely isolated incident, or things haven’t gone down just yet.”
Then he turns toFrazz with a smile.
“You don’t disappoint. Since Tina doesn’t have Priscilla, you go with them to get everyone weapons. How good do you think you are at sneaking?” He asked as he looked down at his watch, checking to see how much time they had left.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 01, 2018, 11:41:16 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"That killswitch was a killswitch. It messed up her programming, and it... wasn't worth it, repairing her. The only place she could be useful, is in a castle. Other drones outperform her everywhere else at everything."
Tina looks about the room, especially for cameras.
"Y-you do know they... monitor, certain rooms, right?"

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 01, 2018, 12:49:41 pm »

You weren't left waiting long. A man in a bespoke suit came in, looking serious, and asked you all to take your seats as his presentation began.

"As you are all no doubt aware, Akras has been engaged in expansion and acquisition of as raw goods producers on Mars. These acquisitions have diverted production from terrestrial factories to the colonies, increasing profit margins across the board." He said, pulling up a list of recent Akras purchases. He didn't sound like he was from a business branch of the company, quoting 'margins across the board' instead of actual numbers. "This project has not been a part of an effort to create an industrial monopoly. It's actually been spearheaded by the Security Division."

The names of acquired companies shifted to overlay onto a hologram of Mars floating over the table. It showed the acquisitions one by one, as well as changing flags. They weren't clustered together in any meaningful way, or focused on any particular assets. Examining the pattern, so far, Akras had been purchasing only American and Latin Union assets. "Our goal was simple - to prevent the Pan American War from opening a Martian front. With the escalating conflict in the asteroid belt, Akras determined that it was an unacceptable threat to our operations if either war party decided to bombard a Martian target from orbit. In addition to the dust storms and difficulty in shipping, we believe that such a move would inevitably escalate towards ground occupations of critical facilities and grounds - in short, a military invasion of Mars."

"Unfortunately, there's been a problem." He said. The hologram shrunk down into a facility layout for a large mining complex built into the edge of a mountainside. "Del Fuego Heavy Industries supplied the bulk of the Latin Union's remaining incoming raw materials, refining magma flows from a tap deep into Olympus Mons. Less than 72 hours after Akras' purchase of the facility, a group of employees has gone rogue."

"At 03:27, they took the security office at Del Fuego, and began broadcasting a message."

The image changed over, to a group of armed employees in the security office. A group of security officers, suits, and employees had armed themselves. Their broadcast included ideological support for the Latin Union, denouncing the shareholders who sold to Akras as traitors, and refusing to be bought out of defending their homes and loved ones. It concludes by declaring the facility nationalized - a move that seems certain to draw the attention of the others in the conflict.

The image changed back to the map.

"Fortunately, we were able to prevent our satellites from relaying the message to Earth, or the Latin Space Force, but in 6 hours, at dawn, local time, the Olympus Mons Geothermal Mine will have a direct line of communication with Earth. If we have not regained control of the facility by then, Akras Security anticipates that Mars will become a new theater in the Pan American War."

The briefing faded. The suit looked around the table. "We expect resistance. Members of the security division were involved in the terrorist takeover of Olympus Mons, and their facility has full access to all of the same weapons, armaments, and drones that we do. You have a transport preparing to leave in fifteen minutes, and when you arrive, you will have just three hours to regain control of the security office and main communications hubs. There are hostages, as well - employees who remain loyal to Akras after the purchase, so you are to check your targets and avoid friendly casualties. Try to avoid any atmospheric breaches - we don't know if the hostages have been given space suits."

"Any questions?"

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 01, 2018, 01:05:53 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"Hm... I... Is there some sort of... ventilation, or small access in the facility? Scouting would be important, and I can... control, one of the moths. It'd be more subtle than someone in the powered exoskeleton space suits. Fit through smaller spaces too."
Tina moves the moth around, so she's certain she still got it under control.
"It's been... months, and I still control it. N-never had to... reconnect."

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 01, 2018, 01:08:35 pm »

The suit brought up a map of the facility's ventilation system, but cautioned, "Unless our people were able to sabotage them before the takeover, the site's drone complement should be fully functional. We expect spider drones in the vents to guard against sabotage. Still, if you can make use of them, do so."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 01, 2018, 01:21:50 pm »

"So we're fighting political battles now. Lovely. My entire skill set is based around exploring alien worlds and dissecting fauna. How am I supposed to be of use against a couple of workers on strike? For that matter, what use is ANY of us? Shouldn't there be like a riot team to be sent in? That's gotta be easier to aquire/use."
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: July 01, 2018, 01:34:27 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

"D-darn. Hm... it'll be tricky. We'll have to disable their drone control somehow. Taking out the power supply, would be bad. They need to think they can send a broadcast, until we can rescue the hostages."
Tina downloads the map(s) of the facility, noting down any drone control.
"Drones require an uplink to update target parameters. Including IFF. Unless they've put the drones on kill-on-sight, or know our IFF tags. Then taking out drone control will make them unable to acquire us as foes, and wont engage us. Or they'll return to their stations, thinking their antennas might be faulty, and need repair. You don't want faulty drones drifting about, bumping into stuff, or drifting into space."

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 01, 2018, 01:38:33 pm »

"You'll have drone support." He replied to Frazz. "I realize you prefer your scientific work here, but your room and board clause includes mandatory emergency services. You've been drafted for medical duty, Dr. Goldman."

He addressed the table. "Naturally you will still be paid. Ten kilocredits each, if all of the hostages survive. Halved for each death. I know most of you are stockholders, as well. I don't have to remind you what war on Mars would do to our share prices."

Then he turned to Tina. "We'll have an Electronic Warfare Module prepared for your drone controller. You should be able to try to re-assert control and order them off the facility, or use them, though their security team is likely to have drone experts as well."

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 01, 2018, 01:40:55 pm »

Kaito shook his head. "Seems your statement about Priscilla not being useful wasn't exactly accurate, this would be exactly the kind of time I'd have really liked to have her along." He'd pull up the map himself, looking it over. "Obviously no gauss on this mission, too much risk of overpenetration.... I'd also be really careful about any explosives you plan on using Dahn, we don't want to damage the facility more than necessary. Vigil, your skill in melee will likely come in handy though. Good bit of close quarters work. We'll want to come in as quiet as we can, they might start shooting hostages if we even raise an alarm depending on how far gone they are."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 01:42:43 pm by JaxtalMK2 »
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 103