Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54336 times)

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]
« Reply #1230 on: June 16, 2018, 08:54:48 pm »

Danh lets out a silent sigh of relief as the Doctor saves the day.
He then heads off to get some aftercare for his wounds.

After that, he heads to his quarters to get wasted on alcohol that isn't absolute garbage field cocktails. And sleep in a bed.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:18:07 pm by Bill Chompski »

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 16, 2018, 09:20:47 pm »

Stella looks at Doctor Langdon for a moment or two before going to get some scar gel. Afterwards, she'll try to find Frazz.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 16, 2018, 09:23:21 pm »

Frazz is already down in the lab, poking at his samples. He doesn't notice Stella until she's right behind him

"Oh! Hi Stella! What's up!"
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 16, 2018, 09:28:04 pm »

With some fresh skin grafts from the medical bay, you returned to your quarters, or the bar, to drink, eat, and unwind. In a day or so, the mission report would come back, and bidding would open on research opportunities, and job postings.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 16, 2018, 09:39:39 pm »

"Would you like to tell an official about the ethanol?"

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 16, 2018, 09:52:28 pm »

"Nah. The moments past. By now any "evidence" that may have remained in the bloodstream has probably been clouded out. I'd keep quiet for now. Curry a favor or two. But you do what you feel is right."

Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 17, 2018, 12:54:18 am »

[Tina Murdoch]

"It's more forgiving than New Australia, but it's got some... surprises, when you venture out. Especially with the... optical camouflage."
Tina had read reports regarding New Australia, and not being spawncamped is certainly a plus.
Tina goes and gets herself some soda, before slinging Priscilla over her shoulder and going to her room, wanting a proper bed to sleep in.

She also makes plans for a... Megatool (may invest in it later).
Because of the... lacklustre engineering results, she wants a tool that's easier to handle and more powerful than the Multitool.
Planned specs: Size of a Sensor Pack, aka. weapon/back slot. Hopefully grants +10 dicetype for engineering rolls.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 17, 2018, 07:25:19 am »

"Very well. It is your ethanol." Stella'll eventually try to talk to Langdon in private.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 19, 2018, 07:07:00 pm »

Mission 4-Combined Report

The Akras Board of Directors considers this mission to be a costly but worthwhile investment. Despite the loss of hundreds of kilocredits in equipment, the astronauts were able to return with a number of high value samples that Akras expects to recoup our losses from with ease. Christmas, as the new planet has been officially named, promises to deliver high value vacation real estate, as well as access to Christmas Moths, a high value pet commodity (pending some minor genetic alterations).

Initial discoveries surrounding Christmas indicate substantial convergent evolution with Earth, confirming the theory that carbon based life forms created with similar, naturally occurring building blocks to ours, create similar genetic structures, and similar phenotypes. Dr. Langdon's conclusion is that the Christmas trees have no ancestral relationship with our trees, nor their moths with our moths, but that these organisms share many of the practical elements of their forms.

The team's effectiveness on this mission was mixed. Lack of command skills has been noted as a weakness of the program, both by the board, and by members of the team. Akras concludes that programs to encourage command and leadership should be implemented moving forward. Akras has also opted to omit command failures from the bonus structure for this mission, pending a review of employee performance in subsequent exercises, due to the extraordinary nature of the team's overall performance.

The Akras Command College will operate on an invitation-only basis, providing discounted command training to officer candidates. Candidates who already possess a basic level of command may be promoted without attending, but anyone promoted to the college will receive a 15% discount on purchases of command training.

Each Astronaut was awarded 5kc.

Tina Murdoch: 100 Shares. Tina delivered her typical exemplary but eccentric performance, proving to be invaluable in a number of areas, performing scientific analyses and scans, while managing to deliver effectively in combat situations. She has, however, displayed consistently bad judgement. Taking defensive drones into a Castle Field and leaving the bulk of arms and equipment unguarded contributed to two life-threatening incidents over the course of the mission, as well as her intentions to be left alone in a poisonous atmosphere without a power supply.

John Boiy: 60 shares. Boiy kept quiet throughout the bulk of this expedition, avoiding interpersonal conflicts, and hunkering down during most of the firefights, acting as a noncombatant. He was able to keep his cool in the situations he was involved with, making creative use of his new abilities at two critical junctures.

Kaito Yoritomo: 80 shares. Kaito's performance on this mission was average. He contributed meaningfully to every engagement he participated in, and made few mistakes. Due to his level headed performance on this mission, he is being nominated for the new Akras Command College. Upon graduation, he will be considered a candidate to lead future missions.

Stella Evenglide: 100 shares. Stella proved invaluable as a security officer and as a driver on this mission, controlling the only snowmobile to have completely evaded harm on this mission, and having salvaged another that had initially been deemed to be lost. Her performance with a firearm was consistently effective, and her quick thinking disabling a laser turret likely saved a second snowmobile. Stella is officially nominated for the new Akras Command College, with a graduating credit already applied, qualifying her to apply for a mission command role.

Danh Loi: 80 shares. The review board would like to begin by noting that if command and personal skills were still evaluated, Danh would have received a substantially reduced bonus. He retains his inability to communicate or work well with others, and his attitude routinely creates a poor working environment. It is as though he does not even want to be on the missions he applies for. That aside, his performance speaks for itself. Danh played a pivotal role in acquiring samples of the Dark Horse, and provided consistent and effective fire support. Despite his poor attitude and tendency to find conflict with others, he remains an asset to the team.

Frazz Goldman: 90 shares. Frazz's scientific expertise and earnest desire to acquire valuable samples proves him to be one of Akras' most effective field scientists. He has proven consistently adequate in a combat situation. He routinely takes risks to protect members of the team, and his quick actions contributed to the recovery of one of the snowmobiles, potentially saving the lives of three of our astronauts. He has been fined 10 shares for assault, which has been included in the final total given in this report.

Vigil Henderson: 100 shares. Vigil continues to take enormous risks for the good of the company and of humanity, and remains a shining example of everything an astronaut should be. He is officially nominated for the new Akras Command College.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:19:48 pm by retromach »

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 30, 2018, 10:27:25 pm »

This white-walled briefing room deep in Akras Mars does not have a domeside wall, or windows of any kind. The central desk has coffee, donuts, and fruit.

The halls had been mostly dark, on your way, arriving while maintenance droids still buzzed through empty hallways, and security drones retained monitoring from a central facility. Not even the restaurants had started an early shift yet.

The room was empty, save for your all. Akras' logo spun on a screen. Whoever was briefing you today hadn't yet arrived.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 30, 2018, 10:32:27 pm »

Vigil looked much better than he did the last time everyone had seen him. His eyes still looked a little sunken in, and he had a tendency to yawn every four or so minutes, but it was obvious that he was up and alert.
“Morning everyone. How are you all?”
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 30, 2018, 10:41:38 pm »

Kaito would quickly find his feet, working his way through his morning routine with a steady haste. Less speed, more haste, that was the way of things. He may be late if he took the time to do things properly, but he'd definitely be late if he rushed around too quickly and had to keep redoing things. He'd move with a practiced speed towards the briefing room once he was prepared, not running, but that business walk of someone who had somewhere to be quickly.

He'd arrive and nod to the others, looking around the room. "Seems the one briefing us hasn't arrived yet. Wonder what's going on." He'd look over Vigil, patting him on the back. "You look better, but seriously, you need to find more time for sleep while we're home from a mission."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 30, 2018, 11:34:42 pm »

[Tina Murdoch]

Tina comes through the door, she was running most of the way, so she's out of breath.
When seeing the people waiting, she lets out a sigh of relief. Before taking a seat.
Though she's bothered by all sorts of worries. What if she needs the moth, what if she needs the pistols. Now she wont be able to fetch them, if they're going to go immediately.
Also, her hair's even more unkempt. And she doesn't even comb her hair.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 01, 2018, 01:13:11 am »

Danh had frantically hurried to the briefing room, hardly putting himself together after the alarm ripped him from his drunken slumber, bringing his aching mind back to cold reality. Reading the alert, he curses loudly, and hurries to get ready.

After some rushed sprinting to the room, flashing his ID at anyone or anything who bothered to stop him, Danh burst in, trying to control his breath. He's an unkempt, hungover mess, eyes red and bleary, and his wrinkled clothing obviously put on in a rush (there's a gym shirt under his jacket, and it's inside-out). His unbuttoned jacket shows a shoulder-holstered MAG-handgun and a basic combat knife.
Taking a look over the room, nodding to the others, and planting his hands on the table as he catches his breath, Danh groans, and slowly eases down into a chair.
He shakily pours himself a mug of coffee, and takes a metal flask from his jacket, pouring some of it's clear contents into the mug. Glancing around the room again, he incoherently mumbles something along the line of, "...fucking drill...", either not hearing or ignoring anything anyone says as he comes in.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 01, 2018, 07:14:30 am »

Lots of sleepless nights is what happened when you work and take several classes at the same time. But, hopefully it will pay off. I am going to take a minor in marketing. Seems like I have a bit of a knack for it. Danh, you know where the weapon room is, from here, right? If they don’t come within 30 minutes, you, Tina, and Priscilla should go and pick up all of our weapons. Umm. . . Which ever melee weapon is easiest to pull from my rack is fine. I need to remember to add a talwar to my collection after this. I think we should have. . . Hmm where are the others?”
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 103