Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 54346 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]
« Reply #1140 on: June 15, 2018, 07:48:40 pm »

Everything packed and ready, the squad waste no daylight in heading back. The travel back were cautious and you were sure to not speed, going at a comfortable cruising speed on your overloaded Snowmobiles.

By the time the sun begins to dip and your stomach begin to ask for Dinner as snacking on energy bars for lunch wasn't sufficient, you can already see on your HUD that the gate location is near. You can already see the cave entrance, and your screen detects light and warmth coming from the cave. As well as the lazy smoke coming from it.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 15, 2018, 07:50:28 pm »

"Finally." Danh groans.
"Let's fucking go home.
Wait, did we make a fire in there before we left?"

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 15, 2018, 07:51:12 pm »

"Let us hope that moths were not attracted to the gate's light."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: June 15, 2018, 08:25:54 pm »

“It. . . They shouldn’t be. Did we set up a turret at the cave entrance? Anybody remember?” Vigil said as he got off the bike and ran up to a nearby rock, sword out and already started on the scanning.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: June 15, 2018, 08:29:58 pm »

"Oh. Oh boy."

Frazz, instead of running towards  the cavern, takes time to survey the surrounding landscape
Ďlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: June 15, 2018, 08:39:18 pm »

Danh draws his gun, uselessly wiping at his visor for a moment.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: June 15, 2018, 08:41:21 pm »

“Yah, guys. Remember when a I said there was something living in those caves? They are back. I am going to see if I can sneak some clear shots of them, before we scare them out. Cover me. And try not to kill any of them. That would cause issues.”
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: June 15, 2018, 08:50:39 pm »

"If we come into contact with them, shall we attempt diplomacy?"

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: June 15, 2018, 08:50:45 pm »

Danh nods, and moves along with Vigil, not close to him, but so he can keep him in sight should something attack him.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: June 15, 2018, 09:21:02 pm »

They look furry white-furred bigfoots, or a Yeti, if you want to connect them to Earth. You see them living huddled close together for warmth near campfires that they made, the circular rock formation keeping the fire from spreading too far. And they seems to have gathered a stock of firewood, there are like, three dozens of them in here in total, one third of which are youngs clutching the smaller Yetis that makes up another one third of the group, with the remaining one third being noticeably larger and more muscular.

Looks kind of like this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It certainly seems like they came home, Vigil's glowing Visor betrayed his position, and the natives starts making horrified primeval noises.

The smaller two-thirds of the group quickly huddle together for protection as the larger ones grab stones from the firepit or sticks or anything they can get their hands on, really, and start flailing their arms at the direction of the cave's entrance where Vigil is at, making loud noises and floofing their fur up to look larger and more intimidating than they actually are.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: June 15, 2018, 09:23:50 pm »

"Fucks sake, get back, Vigil!" Danh hisses over comms, rapidly crouch-moving to sneakily get into a position where he could shoot at the beasts, should the need arise.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 15, 2018, 09:24:02 pm »

"Pehaps we can entice them with our remaining rations."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 15, 2018, 09:25:16 pm »

Vigil stays quite still, just watching them, and sending a video feed to everyone.
“Dahn, back up, slowly. I will back up if I have to. Turn off your visor light, as well. Good idea as well, Stella.One of you guys near the bikes, get the best smelling MRE that we have, and throw it into the cave. If someone can get more firewood, that would be nice, as well, but that’s asking for a bit much.”

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 15, 2018, 09:26:32 pm »

Cautiously moves to head back with Vigil, to everyone else, frowning behind his helmet.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 15, 2018, 09:26:51 pm »

"Yeah, I'd prefer not kill them. Aside from the possible moral quandry, there's more to be gained scientifically from being able to study their activities while alive. It might be better to draw them out somehow... or camp a bit away and see if they leave again." Kaito said calmly. He'd look for the best MRE they had, stripping off the non edible parts to be sure they didn't eat anything bad, then would try to slip forward and toss it near the cave.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 103