Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Wamblers Revolt! [A 'God' game][Waitlist open]  (Read 10025 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Wamblers Revolt! [A 'God' game][Waitlist open]
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2017, 06:44:39 am »

All the fruit's flesh have dried into a hard husk, but you could try eating them.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2017, 07:01:14 am »

No matter, I changed my post a second time.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2017, 07:07:56 am »

Well I was actually pointing out it might be edible.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2017, 07:10:18 am »

I'll have that in mind. For when I decide to cook up stuff.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2017, 08:25:56 am »

Turn 4

With a battle roar, Bob McFluff charged Crazy Bob to tear out his throat.

[3] vs [3]

Crazy Bob moved his throat out of the way, but McFluff still got his shoulder. However, wamblers don't have very sharp teeth so all it did was annoy Crazy Bob a little.

"Fuck this shit I'm outie," said Crazy Bob as he forfeit the round, blowing up in the process. However, due to the cage's mechanics and nobody placing any bets, he didn't lose any Essence and just left.

[1] He tried to extract some magic dust from the Essence Spring which had not been used for its intended purpose except once. He tried setting fire to the dust to see if they have any potential to be used as explosives. They do!

Also, he, the spring, and Verdante's clone blew up in the ensuing chain reaction, leaving an easily fixed but hilarious crater.

[5] Meanwhile in the forge, Verdante repeated the same inadvisable experiment, but in a more controlled manner.

The dry powder crackle and would have exploded violently had Verdante not douse them quickly with water. When doused, the powder still glow and consume themselves. Verdante tried spitting in it for good measure but that's still just water, really.

[Gunmagicpowder discovered]

[2+1 Specialty] Huffi-Muffi-Guffi went seeking greener and less wolf-infested pastures. He found some vines which he recognize as some close relative of black peppers, but their fruit seed tasted rather... inedible. Perhaps with some genetic modification they might be more useful.

[Soil peppers discovered]

[1 + 1 Specialty + 1 Compensation] Cuddles had totally been also reaserching magic powder and the GM definitely didn't miss his action. It would appear that simply putting magic dust onto objects make them magical, but without further modifications, being magical doesn't really mean much.

[5] Immanuel Bunt decided to vegetate and philosophize, to great effects. While not a permanent state of affair, he had managed to somehow convince his current physical vessel that eating is for peasants.

Other wamblers are starting to feel a little hungry.

Statistics

Balance

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Island

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2017, 08:38:21 am »

Immanuel yells at the Spire: "Overlord, wake up! We require additional pylons more than fighting cages to truly thrive!"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2017, 09:13:21 am »

Huffi-Muffi-Guffi - Gastronomy

Look for something that's actually edible here and now.
But stash some of the soil peppers at the outpost first. And tell the others to plant them somewhere, if they want any food soon.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:23:41 pm by Ultimuh »

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2017, 09:24:36 am »

Begin to research modifying magic tools.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2017, 09:27:26 am »

I guess i won if im free go and explore the temple that i discovered
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2017, 02:06:44 pm »

I'm a little surprised that I didn't get a specialty bonus. I guess it might have to be unspecified research into something. Also, adding in colored text for speaking.

"So, the presence of saliva, and thus, genetic material, is itself not enough for cloning. Perhaps it has more to do with the life, aura, soul, or some such of the organism. Perhaps...our own deityhood could have caused it?"

Casually put paw in essence-boiled water to see if it got warmer. Then, find a non-sentient, normal Wambler and get them to drink some normal essence-powdered water, and see his reaction. If I have no normal essence water on me, due to the new lack of essence spring, check out the corpse of...wait.

"Of course! We're able use the essence to revive ourselves, giving us a new body. By ingesting essence water,  I created a clone of myself. Does that mean...that we are all clones? Was that clone legitimately another me? He did not revive, though...he must've had no essence of his own. I lost no essence, and one essence would've been needed to...DID I even drink one essence's worth of powder? We'll need a measurement system for essence...perhaps the physical sense, like Cups or Tablespoons? Or define it by the amount needed to revive? Let's describe the amount of essence needed for a Wambler to revive as 1 Wamb. It...no, that's just too ridiculous...isn't it? Well, I digress, ought to organize my thoughts.

Firstly, consumption of powdered essence in water led to the cloning of the consumer, who was yours truly, a New Wambler. The effect on other lifeforms, mainly non-risen-to-sentience-by-deityhoood...let's call it 'Awakening'. Anyway, there's also the potential effects on plants to look into. Then there's the physical differences between an original and their clone, if any. As the clones are created magically, the body parts produced this way may be special to some degree, perhaps allowing for rebirth into another species. Additionally, if cloning really is the method of revival, if a wambler truly died with no essence left, perhaps supplying their freshly-dead body with essence water or some variant could bring them back. However, they would need to regain essence legitimately to stay alive for any notable time. Attempting to seize the throne spire in this state would be risky, and, considering how they would NEED that for the essence, likely, it should only be tried for purposes of information.

Secondly, essence powder is rather combustible, releasing large amounts of energy when heated sufficiently. Yet essence, via the throne spire, can also create amounts of mass, currently used for structures. Thus, either magic stored in essence can create either mass or energy, the latter of which is unexplored, or that there Energy is in and/or simply IS the powder, which can be converted to other forms of mass.  If the latter, does this mean that mass can be converted into energy, and thus, essence? Could other forms of energy also be converted into Essence? That would mean...there are ways to gain Essence other than tapping it from the island's reservoirs!

As for the current list of action, I should keep in mind the conversion of energy to essence, vice versa, the notable aspects of clones (especially with Awakened), the way cloning works, mass production of powder (likely by filtration in a spire-made building), other qualities and forms of essence, the production of friendly clones, and the effects of powder on the dead
".

Anyway, continuing from the last bolded words, check out the corpse of my clone, if essence water is unavailable or I have time after the prior action.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2017, 02:56:12 pm »

Immanuel Bunt the Philosopher

"Additionally, if cloning really is the method of revival, if a wambler truly died with no essence left, perhaps supplying their freshly-dead body with essence water or some variant could bring them back. However, they would need to regain essence legitimately to stay alive for any notable time. Attempting to seize the throne spire in this state would be risky, and, considering how they would NEED that for the essence, likely, it should only be tried for purposes of information."
"A better idea: we figure out a way to add the essence in the water to our own. Save it for emergencies if it's difficult, but attempting to become Overlord just to avoid final death seems...unwise."

"Secondly, essence powder is rather combustible, releasing large amounts of energy when heated sufficiently. Yet essence, via the throne spire, can also create amounts of mass, currently used for structures. Thus, either magic stored in essence can create either mass or energy, the latter of which is unexplored, or that there Energy is in and/or simply IS the powder, which can be converted to other forms of mass.  If the latter, does this mean that mass can be converted into energy, and thus, essence? Could other forms of energy also be converted into Essence? That would mean...there are ways to gain Essence other than tapping it from the island's reservoirs!"
"If you're right, there is a macabre implication: a cannibalistic murder would theoretically transfer essence from one wambler to another. Said cannibalism wouldn't mean literally eating the body, but some process we that haven't found yet. Still, none of us would try to murder another in cold blood, correct? The cage implies a possibility of making bets to fight for it in a formal duel..."

Look for writing materials. Ideally, both a medium such as paper or papyrus and an implement such as charcoal or a quill and ink.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 04:13:51 pm by IcyTea31 »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2017, 03:49:48 pm »

Actually, on that topic, can you guys remind me when you do something you have a specialization in? Because keeping track of like 8 bunnies is not easy.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2017, 04:12:51 pm »

I'll go ahead and add name and specialization to the start of my posts. Should make things clearer for everyone.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2017, 05:23:57 pm »

Yeah I'll probably do the same.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2017, 07:55:05 pm »

I place a New spring at the bottom of the crater, and offer a deal: Everyone who harvests essence, gets 1/2 what they collect.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7